What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

President Erdogan: HÜRJET will be able to partially replace our F-16s.

It will soon join the Air Force inventory.

Our aerobatic demonstration aircraft will also be HÜRJET.

With the Ozgur upgrade interns for the F-16 applied to it, this plane could make a decent light fighter to sell on to the Azeris when the TFX MMU comes into service. In the meantime it could be a decent stop gap platform for the Turkish Air Force.

How many Hurjets are planned to be inducted?

In the last 5 weeks:

HÜRJET performed its maiden flight.
KAAN (MMU) took the runway, started its taxi tests.
KIZILELMA performed its first fully autonomous manned-unmanned formation flight.
ATAK-2 started its engine and took off for the first time
ANKA-3 has started taxi tests and will make its maiden flight next week.
T-625 GOKBEY took off for the first time with indigenous engines and transmission.

deepforce.PNG

In the last 5 weeks:

HÜRJET performed its maiden flight.
KAAN (MMU) took the runway, started its taxi tests.
KIZILELMA performed its first fully autonomous manned-unmanned formation flight.
ATAK-2 started its engine and took off for the first time
ANKA-3 has started taxi tests and will make its maiden flight next week.
T-625 GOKBEY took off for the first time with indigenous engines and transmission.

View attachment 927272
It didn't escape my notice that they used the less fugly earlier concept drawing of ATAK-2 :)

Do not insult people. I don't like Devlet Bahçeli either, but I never insult him.
I respect your opinion ...more than I respect the rotting brain of arab nationalist Devlet Bahçeli.

Even Alparslan Türkeş, the founder of his party warned people against Bahçeli.

With the Ozgur upgrade interns for the F-16 applied to it, this plane could make a decent light fighter to sell on to the Azeris when the TFX MMU comes into service. In the meantime it could be a decent stop gap platform for the Turkish Air Force.

How many Hurjets are planned to be inducted?
There are 4+12 HÜRJET Orders to Tusaş so far.
As a light attack aircraft, Hürjet can perform at most air-to-ground missions, and we have too many UAV platforms that can do that, We will probably use them mostly for trainings, But light attack version can achieve export success like FA-50

Do not insult people. I don't like Devlet Bahçeli either, but I never insult him.
He insult peoples and sometimes do worst

Isn't this just like the JHMCS ?
I thought it looked more like the helmet for the F-35. Considering the Turks know how much the F-35 helmet provides over the JHMCS (such as displaying night vision and integration the feeds from the cameras around the aircraft into the feed)

We might know if the helmet becomes the primary visor for the pilot if the HUD is eventually removed, as on the F-35

Or at the very least akin to BAE Striker II Helmet

The helmet looks like this one, IMHO
fu6jevsxwamhzhg-jpg.927001

The F-35 Helmet for reference:
1257.jpg

Last edited:
I respect your opinion ...more than I respect the rotting brain of arab nationalist Devlet Bahçeli.

Even Alparslan Türkeş, the founder of his party warned people against Bahçeli.
Man can just shut the fck up please? You dont know anything about Alparslan Turkes and the history of MHP. We al know you are a lefty so please spare us the froth that comes out of your rotten mouth. Thank you.

KAAN is a very good name. Short, strong and from a marketing point of view very easy to spell in English!

Man can just shut the fck up please? You dont know anything about Alparslan Turkes and the history of MHP. We al know you are a lefty so please spare us the froth that comes out of your rotten mouth. Thank you.

KAAN is a very good name. Short, strong and from a marketing point of view very easy to spell in English!
Lefty :lol:

You can easily look up and find Türkeş's letter where he called Bahçeli a MİT agent.

"KAAN" is not a word in Turkish it's just misspelt Kağan

Last edited:
Any update or timeline on the TF10000 engine planned for the TFX? What is the proposed final max thrust?

10 thousand lbs weight without afterburner

10,000 lb without afterburner would be equivalent to 44.5 kn; less then even the RD-93 on the JF-17. It seems inadequate to replace the F-110 engine currently used in development.

Last edited:
Lefty :lol:

You can easily look up and find Türkeş's letter where he called Bahçeli a MİT agent.

"KAAN" is not a word in Turkish it's just misspelt Kağan
Yes, the only thing you can do is looking up on the internet, a place with dozens of misinformation etc. You probably dont even have a single book of Turkes in your home.

The name KAAN is not misspelled. Very simple, the way you pronounce it is written down. International aspects such as English are taken into account. It will be a fighter plane that will be discussed all over the world. It is therefore quite logical that you come up with a correctly pronounceable word. KAAN, short and powerful, easy to pronounce. In contrast, Kagan will be pronounced by English as KA-GA-AN, which is ugly. When are you lefties going to learn marketing? If it were up to you you would come up with crazy names like ATA or even ATATURK hahaha

Back
Top Bottom