What's new

The Amazing Pakistan

Name and Highlights of the Festival

Shab-e-Barat: Religious festival celebrated on 14th of Shaaban, the 8th Islamic month. Prayers, fire-works, exchange of sweet dishes and visits to relatives and friends.
Depends on Moon sightings

Eid-ul-Fitr: Religious festival celebrating end of fasting month on 1st of Shawwal, the 10th month of Islamic Calendar Special prayer after sunrise, exchange of sweet dishes, visits.

Pakistan Day*: Commemorating the anniversary of Pakistan Resolution passed by the Muslims of South Asia on March 23, 1940. Military parades are held at Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta and Karachi. Main feature is the grand parade at Islamabad.
23 March

Mela Chiraghan (Festival of lamps); Held for 1 week outside Shalimar Garden, Lahore.

Horse & Cattle Show: At Dera Ismail Khan. Local games, folk dances, music, cattle races and exhibition of local handicrafts.
End of March till 1st week of April

Eid-ul-Azha*: Religious festival commemorating the great sacrifice offered by Prophet Ibrahim. Celebrated on 10 Zilhaj, 12th month of Islamic Calendar. Collective prayers after sunset, sacrifice of goats, sheep, cows or camels and distribution of meat among relatives, friends and poor.

May Day*: Rallies, processions and meetings held throughout the country.
01 May

Ashura*: Two days mourning on the death anniversary Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H.) on 9th and 10th of Moharram, the first month of Islamic Calendar Processions, rallies and meeting (music prohibited).

Eid-e-Miland-un-Nabi*: (Birthday of Prophet Hazrat Mohammad, (P.B.U.H.) on 12th of Rabi-ul-Awwal - the 3rd of month of Islamic Calendar.

Independence day*: Meeting, processions, rallies, decorations and 14 August illustrations all over the country.
14 August

Defence of Pakistan Day*: Parades and exhibitions of military equipment at Rawalpindi, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta and Karachi. Visits to the war memorials.
06 September

Air force Day: Display of latest aircrafts of Pakistan Air force and air shows at Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta.
07 September

Death Anniversary of Quaid-e-Azam, Mohammad Ali Jinnah, the father of the nation*.
11 September

Lok mela: Folk Festival held at Islamabad. Folk Music, songs music contests, folk dances, craftsmen at work, exhibition and sale of handicrafts. The festival presents a unique opportunity to watch the culture and craft of the whole country at one place.
1st week of October - for one week

Birthday of Allama Mohammad Iqbal, the national Poet*.
09 November

National Industrial Exhibition Islamabad: Exhibition and sale of Pakistan's industrial products and handicraft items.
Middle of November till Middle of December

National Industrial Exhibition Lahore: Held at Fortress Stadium, Lahore. Exhibition and sale of industrial products and handicrafts of Pakistan.
November for 15 days

National Horse & Cattle Show Lahore: Held at Fortress Stadium, Lahore, Cattle races, cattle dances, tent-pegging, tattoo show, folk music, dances, bands, cultural floats and folk games.
November for 15 days

Christmas and Birthday of Quaid-e-Azam*
25 December

* National Holidays

<div class='bbimg'>
5a4dfff43076ebe1723d59a7eae65ae1.jpg
</div>

<div class='bbimg'>
82ed28efb0e746c8be798b708bcda706.jpg
</div>

<div class='bbimg'>
34c4a3b0102ef4f57fca75b3101d75d7.jpg
</div>

<div class='bbimg'>
fb5dd206a54bd56242f240d18a5a2d7c.jpg
</div>

:PakistanFlag:

Attachments

• 5a4dfff43076ebe1723d59a7eae65ae1.jpg
    5a4dfff43076ebe1723d59a7eae65ae1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 82ed28efb0e746c8be798b708bcda706.jpg
    82ed28efb0e746c8be798b708bcda706.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 26
<div class='bbimg'>
1ed1575941b04c81a42e5779212a1181.jpg
</div>

<div class='bbimg'>
c520f8f84088494676c823830c5cff72.jpg
</div>

<div class='bbimg'>
f59aac85f3b5c84083420b26b644350b.jpg
</div>

<div class='bbimg'>
fcdef81099f12067732ccc0e9bda5559.jpg
</div>

Originally posted by VisionHawk@Nov 25 2005, 04:24 PM
Some pictures of the beautiful sites of Pakistan :PakistanFlag:
<div class='bbimg'>
e0bf4e1b784b52831184066b6563d90a.jpg
</div>

[post=3678]Quoted post[/post]​
isnt that mountain technicaly in china :reading1:

nice pics...

lol :LOLANI: no Pakistan also has one route which links pak and china and its the karokram highway i will also post its pictures this area is in NWFP :)

Originally posted by VisionHawk@Nov 26 2005, 01:25 PM
lol :LOLANI: no Pakistan also has one route which links pak and china and its the karokram highway i will also post its pictures this area is in NWFP :)
[post=3766]Quoted post[/post]​
no i mean.where them people are standing is next to the border marker...thus everything beyound that point....should come under chinese jurisdiction...

i guess ur right :) it a pic of pak-china border :PakistanFlag: :ChinaFlag: :PakistanFlag:

<div class='bbimg'>
08eba4d73f5deab789fa915a2c4034b8.jpg
</div>

karakoram highway..i think its taken from inside a car...

yea it is a pic of karakoram highway i guess :w00t: well its either taken from inside a vehicle or any heli or aeroplane :)

<div class='bbimg'>
08eba4d73f5deab789fa915a2c4034b8.jpg
</div>

karakoram highway..i think its taken from inside a car...

I doubt that this pic is the karakoram highway......I CANT EVEN SEE THE HIGHWAY!!!!
And even I can tell that its not taken from a car!!!

Shouldn't this be in a different forum? Anyways, I'll post some pics of some of the cities later on.

Quad e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnahs Extract from Address to Public Servants at Government House Peshawar on 14 April, 1948.

"You should not be influenced by any political pressure, by any party or individual. If you want to raise the prestige and greatness of Pakistan, do you duty as servants to the people and the Stat, fearlessly and honestly. Governments are formed, governments are defeated, Prime Ministers come and go. Ministers come and go, but you stay on, and therefore, there is a very great responsibility placed on your shoulders. Whichever Government is formed according to the constitution you duty is not only to serve loyally and faithfully, but, at the same time, fearlessly maintaining your high reputation, your prestige, your honour and the integrity of your service". :PakistanFlag:

Best Post in this thread :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom