What's new

The Balochistan issue

The silence on the ISSUE i guess says it all no one seems to feel like talking about this issue everyone is talking about TALIBAN SWAT NWFP....i say atleast no pathan has asked for freedom for pakistan like the BALOCHIS.... i wonder do we really not care anymore....:tsk::tsk:
Other way of looking at it is Balochis have not started blowing themselves up....what if that happens. Then which will be a bigger threat.

The bottom line is the writ of the state has to be fair and not challenged. Difference of opinion can exist and it can be addressed by talking to the people and addressing their genuine concerns.

They have already reached Kohat and Hangu…. You should follow news reports more regularly.

Like i said my village is close to KOHAT....and no there are no taliban in KOHAT,DIR or any place like that....well reading news is media and i am sorry media feeds on SCARING PEOPLE.....

The same was thought about in Kabul, look what happened. It may sound far-fetched but where the wind blows, no one knows.

They took over KABUL under what circumstances when there was a war lord in every street peace was not there and UNDER TALIBAN PEACE WAS VERY PREVAILENT....THIS EVEN THE AMERICANS CANNOT DENY.....so unless and until god forbid KARACHI,LAHORE,ISLAMABAD become ghettos TALIBAN cannot come and "RESCUE" the poor people and promise them peace in return for SHARIAH.

An army operation is being conducted there to wipe out the separatists

Ithink this is what we did in EAST PAKISTAN....it just tends to Pis* them off even more and all the diffrent factions trying for separation tend to get united!!!! the problem is when the locals get piss*d off then you cannot convince them to stay with the federation and currently i see them splitting.

Balochistan is a problem that needs attention now leave the Taliban...you honestly think taliban can walk over to your or my house and convince us to support them...no way will i suport their BRAND OF SHARIAH....and i think it is obvious from the time of the NIZAM-E-ADAL how less the sucide bombings have become...so taliban are not that bad....

No plan to establish state within state: TNSM

Like i said my village is close to KOHAT....and no there are no taliban in KOHAT,DIR or any place like that....well reading news is media and i am sorry media feeds on SCARING PEOPLE.....

Okay so the media’s reports aren’t correct — if you insist. Then why is the FC deployed there? The paramilitary forces (Rangers/Frontier Corps) are only brought in when the provincial police is unable to maintain law and order. So what might be the factor that hinders maintenance of peace — any guesses? I’d say the Taliban.

UNDER TALIBAN PEACE WAS VERY PREVAILENT....THIS EVEN THE AMERICANS CANNOT DENY.....so unless and until god forbid KARACHI,LAHORE,ISLAMABAD become ghettos TALIBAN cannot come and "RESCUE" the poor people and promise them peace in return for SHARIAH…

Okay so you are pro-Taliban rule and I am not — you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I consider their practices barbaric.
Do you know that most of the Taliban in Frontier districts are actually locals only, who have been brainwashed by their leaders. So it won’t take ghettoisation of Khi, Lhr and Isl for a Taliban take-over — it’s a mind game.

…Balochistan is a problem that needs attention now leave the Taliban...you honestly think taliban can walk over to your or my house and convince us to support them...

Not convince us probably but their presence in southern Punjab in terms of people subscribing to their views is formidable. Plus with the migration of the IDPs from Swat and other areas affected by violence, Taliban have also made in-roads into the city.

no way will i suport their BRAND OF SHARIAH....and i think it is obvious from the time of the NIZAM-E-ADAL how less the sucide bombings have become...so taliban are not that bad....

Probably because they were the ones who were blowing themselves up. Now that they have forced the government to comply, it makes little sense to go after hoors.

Read the whole thing before quoting:

TNSM has no intention to set up a state within state (the heading refers to how they don't want to set up parallel system of justice — they only want one as the spokesman says later)

SWAT: Tehrik Nifaz Shariat-e-Muhammadi (TNSM) spokesman Amir Izzat Khan has said that the Constitution of Pakistan is very much Islamic but steps are not being taken strictly according to its provisions.

“TNSM has no intention to set up a state within state…. on the contrary, we want to give Pakistan’s Ideology a practical shape,” Izzat Khan said while talking to media after the holding of talks between NWFP government and TNSM leaders on the situation emerged in the wake of implementation of Nizam-e-adl Regulation in Malakand Division.

TNSM spokesman said: “We want to keep the Swat peace deal intact at all cost.” However, he said the deadline given for establishment of Qazi courts and also Dar-ul-Qaza has not been withdrawn.

Any guesses on what the "practical shape" is?

This statement came on April 14. Published in Dawn newspaper.

BATHKELA: The Tehrik Nifaz-i-Shariat Muhammadi (TNSM) said Tuesday that after Swat and Malakand, Sharia will be implemented in other parts of the country as well.

While talking to the media in Batkhela, the TNSM chief Sufi Mohammad said that the Taliban and TNSM will work alongside the government for the implementation of Sharia and will maintain peace in the region.

Sufi Mohammad also said he will not abolish the peace camp he established in Malakand and will continue the peace process in the Swat valley.

The TNSM chief added that once Sharia is implemented in Swat and Malakand it would soon after be extended to other parts of the country.

He also urged all TNSM loyalists to work towards furthering the peace process.

Earlier, Sufi Mohammad had welcomed the signing of Sharia bill as a positive sign.

Okay so the media’s reports aren’t correct — if you insist. Then why is the FC deployed there? The paramilitary forces (Rangers/Frontier Corps) are only brought in when the provincial police is unable to maintain law and order. So what might be the factor that hinders maintenance of peace — any guesses? I’d say the Taliban.

well law and order situation could be bad because like you said people "MIGRATING INTO THERE AREA" but as of now there is no taliban in KOHAT. but yes you can go believeing the media...or better believe the western media which claims TALIBAN are within a few kilometers.... but yes law and order can be and actually is bad because of some people migrating.

& FC and rangers are deployed in BALOCHISTAN,KARACHI to a certain extent...

& PLEASE I AM NOT A TALIBAN SUPPORTER....but it annoys me when i see them becoming larger than life and larger than the BALOCHISTAN ISSUE....infact if you present me to talibans i might just get WHIPPED given my activities....

Not convince us probably but their presence in southern Punjab in terms of people subscribing to their views is formidable. Plus with the migration of the IDPs from Swat and other areas affected by violence, Taliban have also made in-roads into the city.

FORGOT you are an MQM supporter....but no TALIBAN are not hiding and coming into cities....they are extremists they cannot go clean shaven and hip and walk into your city and bang blow themselves up....for them a clean shaven listening to cd boy can't get your so called "HOORS"....mostly families are migrating into karachi...

and if they can brain wash you well then i guess either you are weak in your mind or you got some real grievences that they can exploit....that is what i guess needs to be adressed and not only here but in BALOCHISTAN...

Any guesses on what the "practical shape" is?

Practical shape is SPEEDY JUSTICE....but unfortunately it comes with hidden agenda...and the hidden agenda is there brand of SHARIAH...which is wrong...but to stop the TALIBAN you have to listen to peoples grievences...once you sort them out they cannot play the TALIBAN card...taliban card is accept shariah and we promise you your problems will be solved....

coming back to BALOCHISTAN....the NGOs cry foul about NWFP taliban but they don't ever seem to be crying about BALOCHISTAN.....its like no one seems to know much about what is going on in BALOCHISTAN....an occasional thing pops up....if you watched the meeting that our SUDANI(REHMAN MALIK) intelligence minister or advisor whatever he is was giving you could have seen that everyone inculding the Chief Minister blochistan BOYCOTTED his annoying speech in SENATE....

and no one seems to realise that Pakistan flags are not being hoisted in BALOCHISTAN strikes are on going....and other provincial settlers in balochistan are leaving it...specially PUNJABIS.....

one thing i want to make clear for me PAKISTAN is above all else above all parties above all ethnic groups...above all ideolgies...because as long as pakistan is intact we can save it...fix it...but if PAKISTAN god forbid breaks then all our ideolgies,ethnicites,parties become redundant....so Taliban can be handled as long as pakistan is intact...but once god forbid BALOCHISTAN breaks then you cannot do anything to persuade it to get back....

FC and rangers are deployed in BALOCHISTAN,KARACHI to a certain extent...

Yes because of the ethnic riots. Remember the 1980s and 1990s Karachi?

But it annoys me when i see them becoming larger …

So tell me when you want me to “present” you to them… and tell me about all your subversive activities :P

FORGOT you are an MQM supporter....

Whoa that’s a sweeping statement. MQM supporter in Karachi, PMLN in Punjab. And that is non-interchangeable. Don’t support any other party on the city, district, provincial and national level :)

But to stop the TALIBAN you have to listen to peoples grievences...

Spot on!

coming back to BALOCHISTAN....the NGOs cry foul about NWFP taliban but they don't ever seem to be crying about BALOCHISTAN.....

Because they aren’t given a chance to — after the severe floods in Balocistan last year, the army refused to let NGOs provide relief.

REHMAN MALIK intelligence minister or advisor whatever he is was giving you could have seen that everyone inculding the Chief Minister blochistan BOYCOTTED his annoying speech in SENATE....

He is super-annoying!

and no one seems to realise that Pakistan flags are not being hoisted in BALOCHISTAN strikes are on going....and other provincial settlers in balochistan are leaving it...specially PUNJABIS.....
What do you propose should be done about it? What are your solutions?:police:

Because they aren’t given a chance to — after the severe floods in Balocistan last year, the army refused to let NGOs provide relief.

When the NGOs were stopped from working in SWAT...they cried foul....but when the army stopped them from going into BALOCHISTAN they humbly obeyed orders....the reason is less dollars from abroad for balochistan but TALIBAN are in fashion now....

solution is simple for a while put taliban off the main news put on the issue of BALOCHISTAN...we will handle the talibans in a while first let's adress the the problems of BALOCHIS...what do they want? How can we give it to them how can we make them believe and love the FEDERATION again.....?

BALOCHISTAN is a major threat that people are oblivious of...stregthen the federation and together we will all unite to defeat the taliban...

I agree that Balochistan is a much more serious issue than Taliban, even interior minister Rehman Malik recently said that India has a hand in Balochistan (just like India had a hand in East Pakistan, now Bangladesh). Also no Taliban is calling for a separate country, many Baloch are. BLA is getting stronger and there are many Baloch living outside Pakistan supporting BLA.

thank you OMAR u seem to understand the point.....BLA is getting storng we are looking the other way i hope somehow we can get to the media and make them show the PAKISTANIS what the real issue is...!!!!

The top leaders of the BLA should have been taken care off long ago. i was reading jang today and it was written that Brahamdagh Bugti is living in the palace next to that dog karzai and when John Solecki was kidnapped and a call was intercepted the government asked Karzai but no reply came forward and then the government asked the US and still there was no answer and finally the government had to ask the UN which ulitmately convinced Karzai and resulted in the freedom of john Solecki. It is very much clear that Karzai at the behest of its masters in India is providing assistance while all that drug trafficking in Afghanistan is providing money to carry out such operations and US here is playing a dubious game. Such news don't really follow the media however not just this government but Musharraf's government too raised the issue with US. Infact during Musharraf's tenure the relationship between Afghanistan and Pakistan became extremely hostile and Karzai spared not a single moment where he would not spit venom against Pakistan. Conspiracy or not our enemies are closing on us and our nation is sleeping and the government well they are no more then a sissy *****. I don't understand what is going to happen and how are we going to over come such huge odds and that too with such a weakling government. We can't afford to have another 71 occurring here.

thank you OMAR u seem to understand the point.....BLA is getting storng we are looking the other way i hope somehow we can get to the media and make them show the PAKISTANIS what the real issue is...!!!!

Try to highlight the issue where ever you can, media, face book, forums, we will do the same as well. Lets play our part.

solution is simple for a while put taliban off the main news put on the issue of BALOCHISTAN...we will handle the talibans in a while first let's adress the the problems of BALOCHIS...what do they want? How can we give it to them how can we make them believe and love the FEDERATION again.....?

What do you think they want... you shouldn't enter the battlefield unprepared.

Let's come up with five points that can be done to quell the Baloch insurgency.

All that the balochis want is a greater share in the resources of Baluchistan and rightly so, not all are making a case for a separation and most importantly take out people like Brahamdagh Bugti and his associates who are actually causing problems in the area.
Taliban issue is a threat but far less then this one we need to understand and realize before it gets out of hand. You are talking about losing a province here and that too one with the largest resources in it.

Try to highlight the issue where ever you can, media, face book, forums, we will do the same as well. Lets play our part.

All these things have a thousand propaganda made against Pakistan, and today on the internet almost everyone who is saying he/she is a Baloch wants independence from Pakistan.

Funny how the smallest ethnic group of Pakistan who claim to be the poorest in Pakistan all have computers and internet access.

Back
Top Bottom