What's new

The brutal reality of Tibet 2008

23 March,

People are free to post items that come from a fairly reputable source with links. Regardless of what we think the situation in Kashmir is, that does not imply that Indians, who hold views counter to ours, cannot speak on Tibet or post material related to Tibet.

If you think certain material is biased or inappropriate, point it out on the thread with arguments, and let the mods know.

Mod the whole thread is biased and no actions have ever taken in such related issues..

Mod the whole thread is biased and no actions have ever taken in such related issues..

Please give proper reasons as to why the thread is "biased".

Both the documentary and the news report are from mainstream agencies.

And I doubt you are concerned about copyright infringement.

23March,

I want to know why it is biased.

Are the videos composed by Indians or Tibetan exiles?

Are they composed by Richard Gere?

They are just videos 23march, you could find some that represent the Chinese view and post them on this thread too, and the members can pick flaws out in both sets of videos.

I haven't even bothered watching them - not interested.

But if you indicate specific issues with them, I will.

23March,
They are just videos 23march, you could find some that represent the Chinese view and post them on this thread too, and the members can pick flaws out in both sets of videos.

I haven't even bothered watching them - not interested.

But if you indicate specific issues with them, I will.

They are not "just videos".

Its the documentary, shot by undercover british journalists, which was mentioned in the article I posted.

P.S. Why are you 'not interested'? Afraid that your views might be challenged?

They are not "just videos".

Its the documentary, shot by undercover british journalists, which was mentioned in the article I posted.

P.S. Why are you 'not interested'? Afraid that your views might be challenged?

Not interested in Tibet.

I have my "brains full" trying to interpret and keep track of the dynamics of FATA, Afghanistan, and Indo-Pak relations.

Just because it is called a "documentary" does not automatically mean it is a factual and correct account.

Please give proper reasons as to why the thread is "biased".

Both the documentary and the news report are from mainstream agencies.

And I doubt you are concerned about copyright infringement.

Almost any western source coming out of Tibet is biased! Since when did the west care about humanity? Why is "Tibet" the only center of "humanity" attention when hundreds of thousands of people are being killed of hunger in Africa and Zinosts violence in Palestine, Indian Army brutality on their own land like Kashmir??
THE WEST and INDIA are being opportunist specially that scum lama who has blown Tibet issue out of proportion ahead of Chinese Olympics!
I BET 95% of the world did not know of Tibet issue before Western media out burst on China over Tibet in 2007-08.

23 March,

I would suggest that your argument is best supported by posting videos or "documentaries" that support the Chinese POV.

Almost any western source coming out of Tibet is biased! Since when did the west care about humanity? Why is "Tibet" the only center of "humanity" attention when hundreds of thousands of people are being killed of hunger in Africa and Zinosts violence in Palestine, Indian Army brutality on their own land like Kashmir??
THE WEST and INDIA are being opportunist specially that scum lama who has blown Tibet issue out of proportion ahead of Chinese Olympics!
I BET 95% of the world did not know of Tibet issue before Western media out burst on China over Tibet in 2007-08.

Er...there videos and documentaries aplenty about both Africa and Palestine if you bother to look for them. Yes, all from "western" agencies.

The "Scum Lama" actually tried to diffuse the situation, if you cared to listen to his words rather than drown them out with your preconceived notions.

The point isn't about who is biased, who knew what and when. The videos are authentic and show the Nazi-style (not an exaggeration) regime in Tibet.

If you want to comment, please comment on the topic and on the videos, if you have even bothered to watch them.

If you haven't bothered to watch them, I see no point in raising myriad issues from Kashmir to Timbuktu which are incidentally OFF TOPIC.

23 March,

I would suggest that your argument is best supported by posting videos or "documentaries" that support the Chinese POV.

Actually no. His arguments, if he has any , are best supported by producing solid evidence that contradicts the facts shown in the documentary.

Actually no. His arguments, if he has any , are best supported by producing solid evidence that contradicts the facts shown in the documentary.

Not necessarily.

Lets pretend for a moment that the producer had a specific agenda and bias.

He rounds up people that support his agenda and bias, Tibetan exiles even, and coaches them to say certain things.

How do you argue against what is presented?

Similarly, the Chinese government could round up several hundred, or thousand pro-China Tibetans who would argue the exact opposite of what the people in this video are arguing.

The Chinese government, and their chosen Tibetans, could argue that those fleeing are merely brainwashed supporters of a Monarchist system (Dalai Lama), and their stories of oppression are malicious and lies.

Please note that I am not suggesting that the above are all encompassing or necessarily true arguments, since I have but a rudimentary knowledge of the subject.

Personally, I find reading "facts" a more comprehensive exercise in learning than watching them.

23 March,

Oracle means:

# (n.) The sanctuary, or Most Holy place in the temple; also, the temple itself.
# (n.) A wise sentence or decision of great authority.
# (n.) The answer of a god, or some person reputed to be a god, to an inquiry respecting some affair or future event, as the success of an enterprise or battle.
# (n.) One who communicates a divine command; an angel; a prophet.
# (n.) The communications, revelations, or messages delivered by God to the prophets; also, the entire sacred Scriptures -- usually in the plural.
# (n.) Hence: The deity who was supposed to give the answer; also, the place where it was given.
# (n.) Any person reputed uncommonly wise; one whose decisions are regarded as of great authority; as, a literary oracle.
# (v. i.) To utter oracles.

You tend to assume that you are an Oracle.

I am sure you will say that as an Indian I cannot comment, but then notwithstanding this view, the little that I have observed here is that those who run the Forum are men of standing and are well read and well versed with the ways of the world and world news. They are not Johnny come Lately who shoot their mouth where the money is not there!

Can we allow them to run the Forum without assuming their post uninvited to do so?

I say this not for any other reason but for the fact that your interjections at many places are totally out of context and it distracts. It leads to redundant posts and then pop goes the weasel as we run around the mulberry bush!

....yet more evidence of the Nazi-style regime in Tibet.

These could well be the videos taken in Kashmir.

These videos are against the democratic like communist govt in China.
Since china is our ally, we should not encourage these videos here.

China says border guards killed a fleeing refugee in self-defense
The Associated Press

Published: October 12, 2006

BEIJING China said Thursday that soldiers posted near its border with Nepal clashed with some 70 people attempting to flee the country, killing one person on the spot and injuring two others, including one who died later of altitude sickness.

The official Xinhua News Agency said the clash occurred on Sept. 30 — the same day that foreign climbers and human rights groups allege that Chinese border guards opened fire on dozens of unarmed Tibetan refugees as they tried to flee Chinese-ruled Tibet, killing at least one. The different accounts appeared to be about the same incident.

The Xinhua report said that the people trying to cross the border attacked the soldiers, who were then "forced to defend themselves." It did not say if the people trying to cross the border were Tibetan, whether they were armed, or give other details.

Accounts of the incident by rights groups drew a protest Thursday from the U.S. government. U.S. Ambassador to China, Clark Randt, went to the Chinese Foreign Ministry Thursday to "protest China's treatment of the refugees" in the incident, embassy spokeswoman Susan Stevenson said.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao had earlier Thursday denied knowledge of the shootings, but said that if the news reports about it were true, Chinese authorities would investigate.

Initial accounts of the shooting came from Western mountaineers climbing the Himalayan peak Cho Oyu from the Chinese side. Those accounts, posted on mountaineering Web sites, said they saw border guards open fire on Tibetans trying to cross the 5,700-meter (18,750-foot) Nanga La pass into Nepal on Sept. 30.

A Nepal-based Tibetan exile group, the Tibet Refugee Center, said last week that two Tibetans were killed and several wounded, citing accounts from some of the 42 who made the crossing. Another group, the Washington-based International Campaign for Tibet, said that one person was killed and that Chinese soldiers later took 10 to 12 Tibetan children from the group into custody.

Every year, hundreds of Tibetan refugees trek for days through forbidding terrain to leave Chinese-ruled Tibet. Some leave to make pilgrimages to see the Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism who lives in exile in India. Others leave to obtain a proper monastic education, something increasingly difficult as China has tightened control over religion.

While refugees have been shot at along the border in the past, a spokesman for the Tibet Refugee Center, Lhundup Dorjee, said last week this was the first time in recent years that troops had killed any.

BEIJING China said Thursday that soldiers posted near its border with Nepal clashed with some 70 people attempting to flee the country, killing one person on the spot and injuring two others, including one who died later of altitude sickness.

The official Xinhua News Agency said the clash occurred on Sept. 30 — the same day that foreign climbers and human rights groups allege that Chinese border guards opened fire on dozens of unarmed Tibetan refugees as they tried to flee Chinese-ruled Tibet, killing at least one. The different accounts appeared to be about the same incident.

The Xinhua report said that the people trying to cross the border attacked the soldiers, who were then "forced to defend themselves." It did not say if the people trying to cross the border were Tibetan, whether they were armed, or give other details.

Accounts of the incident by rights groups drew a protest Thursday from the U.S. government. U.S. Ambassador to China, Clark Randt, went to the Chinese Foreign Ministry Thursday to "protest China's treatment of the refugees" in the incident, embassy spokeswoman Susan Stevenson said.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao had earlier Thursday denied knowledge of the shootings, but said that if the news reports about it were true, Chinese authorities would investigate.

Initial accounts of the shooting came from Western mountaineers climbing the Himalayan peak Cho Oyu from the Chinese side. Those accounts, posted on mountaineering Web sites, said they saw border guards open fire on Tibetans trying to cross the 5,700-meter (18,750-foot) Nanga La pass into Nepal on Sept. 30.

A Nepal-based Tibetan exile group, the Tibet Refugee Center, said last week that two Tibetans were killed and several wounded, citing accounts from some of the 42 who made the crossing. Another group, the Washington-based International Campaign for Tibet, said that one person was killed and that Chinese soldiers later took 10 to 12 Tibetan children from the group into custody.

Every year, hundreds of Tibetan refugees trek for days through forbidding terrain to leave Chinese-ruled Tibet. Some leave to make pilgrimages to see the Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism who lives in exile in India. Others leave to obtain a proper monastic education, something increasingly difficult as China has tightened control over religion.

While refugees have been shot at along the border in the past, a spokesman for the Tibet Refugee Center, Lhundup Dorjee, said last week this was the first time in recent years that troops had killed any.

China says border guards killed a fleeing refugee in self-defense - iht,asia,China Tibetan Refugees - Asia - Pacific - International Herald Tribune

While it is a must to condemn universal existence in every country human rights violation, it is not unreasonable to believe that those dead are victims of RAW or other interest groups such as TYC, as India and Nepal used to help Tibet rebellion with CIA, and TYC are a violent organization. Maybe those dead were actually RAW agents or the like. Who knows?

Illegally crossing of boarder is dangerous, as always.

For other clips, those in Nepal or India can say any thing they are told to. No surprise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom