What's new

The houses that Jinnah built

That is not possible. Jinnah's daughter has already laid claim to the property of her father.
Only if she alienates that claim.........but even then it is not possible since Non-Indians cannot buy property in India freely.
ok i meant that should be bought by embacy of pakistan.what do u think our embacy in india is indian state property?

Prevez Musharaff requested the Indian Govt to turn the house into a Consulate as that is the only way to protect what we call a part of our history and do it within law.
I believe India should honor that request.

We should tear it down and build a condo.
Thats is not for you to decide.

The house is on Indian soil. It is very much for us to decide. The house hold to sentimental value to us, nor is jinnah of any importance to Indians.
The house is not the property of Indian Govt. Dina Wadia has the foremost right to it(I believe) but after that the Pakistani Nation has a right for it to be conserved and I hope the Indian Govt does so as a gesture of goodwill.
I dont give jack shit about what you think.

The house is not the property of Indian Govt. Dina Wadia has the foremost right to it(I believe) but after that the Pakistani Nation has a right for it to be conserved and I hope the Indian Govt does so as a gesture of goodwill.
I dont give jack shit about what you think.

No she doesn't and the pakistan nation has absolutely NO rights to land in India. Trust me, we are gonna tear it down and build a nice condo on it. We will give one flat to Dina Wadia and one to the pakistani government as a goodwill gesture.

ok i meant that should be bought by embacy of pakistan.what do u think our embacy in india is indian state property?

No. Jinnah's daughter has a locus standi in this suit by virtue of being her father's surviving natural heir, plus she is an Indian citizen. So she will have a natural preference on it. Plus Indian law has restrictions on Aliens or Non-Indians being to buying immoveable property in India.
And as a property that comes under the Evacuee Property Act, i.e. property left behind in India by anybody who renounced Indian Citizenship in 1947, it now vests with the GoI.
Since Dina Wadia (Jinnah's daughter) has laid a claim to it; it is the subject of a suit in India.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom