What's new

The Most Generous Countries on Earth

The graph shows

more educated more volunteer hours (middle class is more likely have higher education than working class)

more women likely to volunteer than men

if married more likely to volunteer

33-44 most likely to volunteers

Think soccer moms pretty much fits the bill. Think if they did a study, they'd find a pastel sweaters around the waist correlated pretty high with volunteering.

How does soccer mom fit the bill? do you know how to read charts? A soccer mom would be a portion of the " not in the labor force" stats on that chart. That where you can derive a ": soccer mom" - soccer moms are home makers... at best maybe a part of the " part time - labor crowd too. whats the deal with pastel sweaters? perhaps that gives americans a lead in over frosted tips?

Yes we are the most generous nation on earth but sadfully this is abused. Terrorist abuse this quality of "Sadaqah" which is an Islamic quality that you give Sadaqah (alms) and that is the ONLY money that you will keep in judgement day while all earthly money is worthless. So you probably will see the biggest amount of beggars in the world in Saudi Arabia. Also the biggest amount of Charity and donation events. Everyday there are donation events in Saida Khadeejah center across the street for either building mosques building Quran teaching schools. Building houses for the poor. Kiswa (Clothes for the poor) Ita'am (Food for the poor) And even job helping (Helping a poor person start an enterprise).

This is where it is abused so much charity that is hard to keep track of where is going to where. Even though the government is doing its best some are bound to slip by some how. WHich is why I always say do not donate your money to everything you see I understand you want to go to heaven but for God's sake have a brain while doing so.

Saudi Arabia, the Gulf’s wealthiest state, has overtaken the US as the largest donor to Pakistan’s flood relief effort

- Saudi Arabia - becomes largest Pakistan flood relief donor - Saudi Arabia - ArabianBusiness.com

Saudi Arabia has overtaken the US as the largest donor to Pakistan's flood relief effort, following criticism that Muslim countries were not giving enough for victims of the disaster.

Pakistan floods: Saudi Arabia pledges $100m | World news | The Guardian

U.S. donated not even half the amount to Pakistan during floods that they donated to Haiti in their earthquake.

Hmm what is 1/2 of

USAID had sent 24 flights of emergency relief supplies and provided $334 million to meet immediate humanitarian needs and help the people of Pakistan recover from the floods

Hmm what is 1/2 of

U.S. could've done more to help Pakistan, Pakistan being the frontline ally in America's war on terror, and U.S. being the world's wealthiest nation on earth.

Pakistan got no help at all from U.S. during this year's devastating flood.

U.S. could've done more to help Pakistan, Pakistan being the frontline ally in America's war on terror, and U.S. being the world's wealthiest nation on earth.

Pakistan got no help at all from U.S. during this year's devastating flood.

Omar, you have to decide which argument you want to flasley protray at any given moment.

first when discussing the biggest flood in your countries history- you said US did not even give 1/2 of KSA while it gave almost 4 x times

then you quickly try to shift to this years flood : where again US was leading the front.

Then you say US should have done more--- lol.

Most donations in last year floods came from Saudi Arabia. People of Saudi Arabia have always been generous to Pakistan during our natural disasters.

- Saudi Arabia - becomes largest Pakistan flood relief donor - Saudi Arabia - ArabianBusiness.com

When it comes to handing out money, Saudi Arabia has been just as generous to every other nation also. Pakistan doesn't stand out.

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

Omar, you have to decide which argument you want to flasley protray at any given moment.

first when discussing the biggest flood in your countries history- you said US did not even give 1/2 of KSA while it gave almost 4 x times

then you quickly try to shift to this years flood : where again US was leading the front.

Then you say US should have done more--- lol.

The saudis have been the biggest donors to some usa floods also

anyway, why are you bringing up floods so much? the response to Pakistan's floods was not as great as Haiti or many other floods of lesser impact.

It's a little bogus claiming you'd know how i would act in the first place then isnt it?

The truth is I'd probably hunt or steal to get by if all savings had gone. Wealthy countries giving aid is not a big thing when they have a lot of wealth to begin with.

Am I reading this correctly- flood ravished plains for miles and you will go hunting what? and worse yet, you claim that you will steal from another person- just to show how you are morally superior in not taking any US aid or help- but yet morally corrupt to steal from your fellow muslims? ... hmm. I now understand Ghaddfi, Asad, Ahmedinijad ....

Am I reading this correctly- flood ravished plains for miles and you will go hunting what? and worse yet, you claim that you will steal from another person- just to show how you are morally superior in not taking any US aid or help- but yet morally corrupt to steal from your fellow muslims? ... hmm. I now understand Ghaddfi, Asad, Ahmedinijad ....

morality would mean others giving me food to eat. i wouldn't say refusing aid is morally superior, just a balanced decision. i take money/food, in return my neighbour gets something bad. no strings would be good, but i can only think the saudis are a no string money handout type.

why can't one migrate to non flooded areas and go hunting. does the whole nation sink or something in this scenario on yours?

morality would mean others giving me food to eat. i wouldn't say refusing aid is morally superior, just a balanced decision. i take money/food, in return my neighbour gets something bad. no strings would be good, but i can only think the saudis are a no string money handout type.

why can't one migrate to non flooded areas and go hunting. does the whole nation sink or something in this scenario on yours?

where you aware of your scenario in pakistan when hundreds and hundreds of thousands were left stranded?what strings did US attach? military aid was seperate - why can't you guys just call a spade a spade and thank the US for helping your fellow countrymen?

There is no universal standard for everyone about who is the most generous nation.

Hopefully we can make the number one list for our Pak brothers. :pakistan:

Lol i find this list rather amusing. Having lived in both Sweden and Pakistan for large parts of my life i can say the way people give charity in Pakistan, i have not seen in Sweden. People in Sweden have so much so they will throw a few kr's every now and then in the red cross box. But in Pakistan many people with so little are so involved in charity. It really makes you understand why this country is still alive.

its not that they hate their parents ....it is their culture which is developed in that particular way ....

isnt its like using a car for 20 years and when time comes for care u throw it away. Thank to Allah its not in south asia especially Subcontinent.

Parents are like trees under who's shade u grow up

US is not really that generous. Scandinavians are most generous people in this world.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

isnt its like using a car for 20 years and when time comes for care u throw it away. Thank to Allah its not in south asia especially Subcontinent.

Parents are like trees under who's shade u grow up

Lack of cultural understanding breeds such comments on American/western society.

Back
Top Bottom