What's new

The number zero was invented in Ancient Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
RR, unless you prove Alberuni's work as incorrect, the debate is over. Stop clinging on to Kalavas.

The real Ancient India, is the modern day Pakistan. The current REpublic of India, is the ancient, Doab Gangetic plains, Deccan, Bengal, and southern regions, etc.

The real Ancient India, is the modern day Pakistan. The current REpublic of India, is the ancient, Doab Gangetic plains, Deccan, Bengal, and southern regions, etc.

Nope, the real Ancient India is the Indian Subcontinent, and certain parts of Afghanistan.

"The eminent Multan-born Indian mathematician Brahmagupta (598 A.D. - 660A.D.) went on to give the rules of operation of zero in his treatise Brahmasphutasiddhanta as though zero were any other number. Today, his rules may sound trivial, but imagine their significance when zero was ‘nothing’ in the rest of the world."
http://www.vidyaonline.net/arvindgupta/numeracy.pdf

Clearly another reference, though not as strong as the neutral scholarly references I presented before.

It's fairly safe to conclude Brahmagupta had strong ties with Multan, Ancient Pakistan.

Just corrected the highlighting. :lol:

RR, unless you prove Alberuni's work as incorrect, the debate is over. Stop clinging on to Kalavas.

4 scholarly references of the highest academic credentials, and more to come, is enough to prove such.

You however, have not proved that the translation of Al Beruni's work is correct, nor that it is Hindutva influenced.

What sort of idiot would write, "Born in Town X located between Town Y and Town Z?" Let's not kid ourselves. Your Al-Beruni reference of the place where Brahmagupta was considered a "native" of (which could mean anything even that he only worked there, or be translated incorrectly), is very poor.

I have provided solid academically stamped credentials of Brahmagupta's place of birth in Multan.

This is simple leeching. I shall present further later.

"The eminent Multan-born Indian mathematician Brahmagupta (598 A.D. - 660A.D.) went on to give the rules of operation of zero in his treatise Brahmasphutasiddhanta as though zero were any other number. Today, his rules may sound trivial, but imagine their significance when zero was ‘nothing’ in the rest of the world."
http://www.vidyaonline.net/arvindgupta/numeracy.pdf

Clearly another reference, though not as strong as the neutral scholarly references I presented before.

It's fairly safe to conclude Brahmagupta had strong ties with Multan, Ancient Pakistan.

Just corrected the highlighting. :lol:

Dear Vinod, Multan is in Pakistan. Therefore Brahmagupta would be an Ancient Pakistani.

You're right. Bharat varsha/ akhand is not the same as India, which was based around the river Indus.

4 scholarly references of the highest academic credentials, and more to come, is enough to prove such.

Not sure about the "highest academic credentials". I want proof about who the author is and what his credentials are.

I'm sure he's a Pakistani sympathizer.

You however, have not proved that the translation of Al Beruni's work is correct, nor that it is Hindutva influenced.

My reference is for all to see. You have to prove that it is Hindutva influenced.

What sort of idiot would write, "Born in Town X located between Town Y and Town Z?" Let's not kid ourselves. Your Al-Beruni reference of the place where Brahmagupta was considered a "native" of (which could mean anything even that he only worked there, or be translated incorrectly), is very poor.

Its a standard translation of Alberuni's work. Provide me a translation which was interpreted differently and not Pakistani influenced.

"native" means that he was born there. Simple.

I have provided solid academically stamped credentials of Brahmagupta's place of birth in Multan.

I have provided eqally solid academically stamped sources that Brahmagupta was born in Bhinmal. Its your job to prove that your academic sources are more credible than mine.

Last edited:
You're right. Bharat varsha/ akhand is not the same as India, which was based around the river Indus.

Nonsense. Bharat and India are the same thing. Bharat is the indegenous name, India is the name given by foreigners.

you misunderstood me. bharat varsha is the name and that name was not based in any way on indus/sindu. sindu is just another river in bharata varsha just like ganga or godavari. sindu has no special importance.

Flint, first sort this problem out amongst yourselves. debate with srijeesh, and tell us which is correct.

When Bharatias themselves are not of one view concerning what constitutes India, then how can you lecture us?

Nonsense. Bharat and India are the same thing. Bharat is the indegenous name, India is the name given by foreigners.

yes, but india was much bigger at that time extending till gandhar(afghanistan).

Flint, first sort this problem out amongst yourselves. debate with srijeesh, and tell us which is correct.

When Bharatias themselves are not of one view concerning what constitutes India, then how can you lecture us?

I dont see any conflict in my views and flint's. if you see, plz show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom