What's new

The PAF Prowess

How many C130s are fitted with the STAR SAFIRE system?

Pakistan seriously needs a more accurate way of mapping it's terrain.......and the integration of the C4I systems, so that the 'Fort under Attack' can radio in for air support, rather than conveying to the Army commander who then telephones the Air Chief who then telephones the base commander to scramble the jets.

I mean, military precision being done over the phone? You've got to be kidding me.

Dont be so surprised.. You would not have had these F-16s had ACM Shamim not convinced Zia that the F-16s would help his army.. until recently most of these gold braided khakis could not see beyond the batallion level.
Force integration.. SHARING war information .. is a concept alien to them..

Dont be so surprised.. You would not have had these F-16s had ACM Shamim not convinced Zia that the F-16s would help his army.. until recently most of these gold braided khakis could not see beyond the batallion level.

Why are they being taught pre WWII level trash? Is there no one to update the curriculum for the 21st century in our Academies?

a call from the army's DGMO (Director General Military Ops), General Pasha, at around 4am telling me that Fort Laddha was under intense attack by a large lashkar [group of militants]. The fort was surrounded and partly occupied; it was a desperate time.

What does the Army has Cobras for ? Something just doesn't gel in with this account.

lashkar is arabic word means army.

I understand at least two have been converted but @Oscar is the man to confirm. !!

Far from it windy.. Oscar is wayyy out of that loop now.. wants no part of it...
Maybe not a Haggis guy.. but definitely one I dinnae..

What on Earth is "prowness" some one please change the thread title. If anything this highlights some glaring in-competencies. First and foremost the dependence on google earth type open source software must be eradicated. Pakistan needs dedicated military grade imaging capabilities and China must be approached in this regard as SUPARCO has pretty much stagnated.

It also shows how dire the links are between the sister services and how interoperabilty is still in its infancy. If this is the relationship between air force/army then I wonder how the "step sister" Navy gets treated. The JCSS must be made into a credible institution.

We are keeping our hopes high that INSHA ALLAH JF-17 Block-II along with the dual seat will be in production from this year end and it would be produced in a numbers like 110 for PAF(80 single + 30 Dual) and about 35 Dual seat for CCS. I think there is no official news but there are rumours that PAF is now not seeking J-10BS and hopefully they might be interested in JV with Chinese on 5th Generation.

@Argus Panoptes it means Power,capability etc
how coping with home sickness going?

Oh, you mean "prowess". Haha, that makes better sense. May be the title should be corrected.

prowess : Skill or expertise in an activity or field, or Bravery in battle.

The coping is going on, some days more difficult than others. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2009 Soldiers of the Movement of Taliban in Pakistan shot down several PAk helos.
Icarus who is a TT in this forum himself told in one thread that the Taliban Soldiers shot down a Mi-17 in 2009 killing 20+ Pak soldiers though PA lied at that time by calling it an accident.

The Taliban responded by setting up complex ambushes, including surface-to-air missile traps, a senior US military intelligence official told The Long War Journal. Several Pakistani Army helicopters were said to have been shot down during the fighting. The Pakistani military claimed that 120 Taliban and 45 soldiers were killed in the fighting, but independent reports put the number of soldiers killed much higher.

Read more: Pakistani Army, Taliban clash in Waziristan - The Long War Journal

In 2009 Soldiers of the Movement of Taliban in Pakistan shot down several PAk helos.
Icarus who is a TT in this forum himself told in one thread that the Taliban Soldiers shot down a Mi-17 in 2009 killing 20+ Pak soldiers though PA lied at that time by calling it an accident.

Read more: Pakistani Army, Taliban clash in Waziristan - The Long War Journal[/B]

@Death Rattle, we are not exactly talking about Indian army's fake encounters here, when a PAF fighter jet crashed in Baluchistan, some Indians were claiming that it was shot down by BLA......far from it, if Talibans are to be believed then they shoot down on average a US helicopter every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a typo, correct word is "Prowess"

What is "prowness" as it states in the title of the thread?

High hmm...come visit us again when "effects" have gone down a bit. LOl

Read more: Pakistani Army, Taliban clash in Waziristan - The Long War Journal[/B]

still is and was during the 99 kargil incident! the Army kept the PAF in the dark! and navy....well the navy is usually the 12th man and never gets to play.

but thank god things are improving with time and finally the khakis are adapting reluctantly they might be but still they are adapting!

Far from it windy.. Oscar is wayyy out of that loop now.. wants no part of it...
Maybe not a Haggis guy.. but definitely one I dinnae..

That is a very sad loss man. :sad:
Oh aye the noo jimmy..... i notice that see no evil thing is gone. I can I can ....

Back
Top Bottom