What's new

The Partition and the Muslim Minorities of West Bengal, 1947-1967

@ Abir, whatever I have written it is fact, go and read the news papers of "Ananda Bazar" newspaper in those days which you may not get in the internet. Go to the archeve of some renouned library and find out the papers. Some of yours beloved friends in East Bengal re-printed those articles here and distributes it among the common people. One such man was Mr Ruhul Amin Nijami the owner of Standard Publisher which had many stalls through out East Pakistan and West Pakistan. It has even a branch at Calcutta.

@ What to talk about language movement, even the famous "Six Points Programme" was also witten by "Khoka Rai", the Communist Leader of Calcutta and handed over to Mujib just before he was about to join at a meeting in Lahore in 1968. What happened than which I wrote ealier.

@ Now, it was very strange that Indian Bengalee Babu's were very much interested about the langauge movement in East Bangal but they did not bother about their language even Tagore never said any thing about the Bengalee Language rather he advocated "Hindi" to be official language of united British India.

Well offcourse Bangladeshis have been helped by us whenever they were in need, be it language movement or their independence struggle. Ananda Bazar writes many things in their editorial, subjects spanning from Afganistan to Bangladesh, Anada Bazar however didn't pay Bangladeshis to replicate their article in Bangladesh. At best it seems to be a case of copyright violation! :D

Would please point out to me where Tagore said so. Anyway there is a difference between national language and official language, FYI there was strong language movement which rocked India in 50s and 60s, however Indian leaders were visionary enough not to force any language down anyone's throat and above all they didn't have racist approach towards their fellow Indians.

By the way who is communist leader Khoka Rai(Ray?). I can't recall anyone with that name!

Having a bad day right now. Will join this discussion with facts and figures after 14th mar.Till than keep on distorting.
A hint before I leave though, a faction of people believed CPI officers of West Bengal
wrote the draft and the other faction believed the Pakistani born Altaf Gahur
was the author of the draft of Six Point demands. But none of them are believed
in the mainstream.
On a side note I don't beleive in conspiracy theorists as this type of people
transform even Dr. Yunus as american agents. They are either pro BAL or BNP.

bye.

By the way who is communist leader Khoka Rai(Ray?). I can't recall anyone with that name!

So, keep in touch, you also try to know him, I will also. Once I know something about him I will let you know. This time it seems you are logical. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom