What's new

The Slumdog Princess-The Mugals in today's India

Anyone who can get their hands on the book "Begmat kai Ansoo" by Khawaja Hassan Nizami, should read it. It deals with the social upheaval after 1857 with a special focus on Mughal princesses and princes.

I am surprised to see the very negative views from Indian posters. Seriously, if you have nothing good or supportive to say, why say anything at all? These are poor people. If anyone here is actually worse off then these people then let them be as critical as they please. But seeing that ALL Indian posters are better off than these people, I am surprised that they are passing such hard-hearted comments. Unfortunate to see this.

I don't know, I find them weird.

As for the topic, yes I do think that they should be helped so that they can have better lives for themselves and their children just like anyone else. What their ancestors did in the past should not have any role in that progress. Anyone justifying otherwise need their brains fixed.

Having a "royal bloodline" is the stuff of fairy tales. Though, there are certain exceptions with some royal families who benefited greatly to their people. And no, those guys in the topic aren't one of them.

Well these Mughals have Hindu blood in them so they are weak... After Aurangzeb, Mughal Empire was 1/10 what it was in past... Why?

The Mughal kings were basically half Hindu bloody cowards! If I was Babur Id be ashamed if these type of ppl were my descendants...

Muslims should also not associate post-Aurangzeb time with Mughal Empire... It was half blood Hindu-Mughal Empire after..

Most Pakistanis have hindu blood and hence they are cowards? I don't think that is the real reason.

Hindu Blood Kiyaa Hotaaaa Haiii ? :unsure:

Or do you guys do the same 'Religion-Race' amalgamation that the Jews do ? :undecided:

By Hindu blood some people may mean South Asian blood since that is the religion almost all South Asians originally practiced. It basically means that their ancestors practiced Hinduism even if they don't today.

I don't like the term Hindu blood though.

By Hindu blood some people may mean South Asian blood since that is the religion almost all South Asians originally practiced. It basically means that their ancestors practiced Hinduism even if they don't today.

I don't like the term Hindu blood though.

I thought that the original Vedic Religion is a lot different than Modern Day Hinduism ! :unsure:

I swear I even read somewhere that there was a monotheistic strand to it as well as a polytheistic one, back then ! :undecided:

I don't know, I find them weird.

As for the topic, yes I do think that they should be helped so that they can have better lives for themselves and their children just like anyone else. What their ancestors did in the past should not have any role in that progress. Anyone justifying otherwise need their brains fixed.

Having a "royal bloodline" is the stuff of fairy tales. Though, there are certain exceptions with some royal families who benefited greatly to their people. And no, those guys in the topic aren't one of them.

we abolished privy purses in 71 and all kings and queens and nawabs and their begums have to fend for themselves.
secondly there have been good moghuls and bad ones but these are just normal people not rulers, they need not be ridiculed.

I thought that the original Vedic Religion is a lot different than Modern Day Hinduism ! :unsure:

I swear I even read somewhere that there was a monotheistic strand to it as well as a polytheistic one, back then ! :undecided:

Dude, those are all nitty gritties and there is no point going into them as these things are very arguable.

Hinduism being a very old religion, its obvious that a lot of changes have taken place over the millenia but the sources and most fundamentals are the same.

Anyway, most muslims in the sub-continent have converted to Islam only in the last 500 to 1000 years and within this period there hasn't been much change in the Hinduism followed then and the Hinduism followed now.

Point is that there isn't much difference between the Hinduism followed by muslim's ancestors and the current Hindu's ancestors in the sub-continent.

But I do understand if being a Pakistani you want to separate your ancestors from mine.

The Vedas preach monotheism. Unfortunately the practices of the people of India diluted the message and sanctioned idolatry/polytheistic teachings.

Sikhism came to put Hindus back on their rightful path and to humble Muslims into being true servants of god, instead of arrogant folk just because they were the ruling class of North India at the time.

Satnam Shri Waheguru.

Well these Mughals have Hindu blood in them so they are weak... After Aurangzeb, Mughal Empire was 1/10 what it was in past... Why?

The Mughal kings were basically half Hindu bloody cowards! If I was Babur Id be ashamed if these type of ppl were my descendants...

Muslims should also not associate post-Aurangzeb time with Mughal Empire... It was half blood Hindu-Mughal Empire after..

Dude it was "half Hindu" before Aurangzeb. It was "half Hindu" after Akbar. You can blame Akbar for that.

You simply murdered the Mediaval History of India.

Back
Top Bottom