What's new

There’s No Escaping MBDA’s Meteor Missile

Not only that, even our Mirages will be compatible with Meteor Missiles AFAIK. :kiss3:

In theory, since it wasn't integrated to the Mirage so far and only at the 2 x heavy wingstationsm but IAF Mirages gets MICA.

Jon Snow said:
This deal is not certain - India just issued an RFI and MBDA responded with the Taurus - If we select it then most probably we'll get it with the super sukhoi upgrade

The RFI didn't specified the platform and besides Taurus, Scalp / Storm Shadow as well as the US JSOW was on offer from the manufacturers too.
Since we selected Rafale in MMRCA and have Mirage 2000s, Scalp is the most likely addition, with Brahmos versions in future.

Well , MMRCA weapon's Package is expected to include 120 Stand off Missiles

apart from 800 Bvraam , 400 WVR , 300 Heat seeking , 1000 Anti Armour , 72 Anti ship , 2000 LGB Kits

:disagree:

I have read that according to IAF operational doctrine, it prefers twin seater aircrafts over single seaters.

That's correct, but only for the topline air superiority fighters. They are meant for long range and especially long endurance missions, while all other IAF fighter squads are made of mainly single seat versions with some twin seaters for training and strike missions. Initially MMRCA was expected with the same 16 x single seat + 2 x twin seat mix, but later reports suggested 4 or 6 twin seaters. Adding some more twin seaters for sure would be a good decision, especially since Rafale will take over several important strike roles.

Meteor is supposed to Arm Su-30s also after the upgrade. But I have my share of doubt that Russians will allow it.
There were some reports which claimed that They were trimming Meteor to fit in Internal Weapon bay of F-35. We can induct the missile for our FGFA also.

apart from 800 Bvraam , 400 WVR , 300 Heat seeking , 1000 Anti Armour , 72 Anti ship , 2000 LGB Kits

where did you get that information from????????
s cost of the wepons included n the total deal value?

if true very good news.

What are the common elements between Rafale and Mirage-2000 (i don't expect to have any,").
If there is any common elements,maybe rafale production will help the servicing of Mirage 2000 fleet.

Any source ?
i don't think this are correct numbers.
Can any1 correct this?
also,what is the current stand off missile that we have?

Rafale-Fighter-Aircraft-Indian-Air-Force-IAF-14.jpg

Add meteor in this.:drag:

where did you get that information from????????

His own opinion, but highly doubtful especially since heat seaking missiles are mainly used for WVR and Rafale don't has any anti amor weapon so far (Brimstone under consideration)

What are the common elements between Rafale and Mirage-2000 (i don't expect to have any,").
If there is any common elements,maybe rafale production will help the servicing of Mirage 2000 fleet.

Weapon pack, avionics, similar maintenance and training routines, the first and the last points will be the main advantages.

Add meteor in this.:drag:

I stared updating that loadconfig some time ago, but only for METEOR, PGMs and fuel tanks so far:

98mk4y5q.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom