What's new

They just don’t care: Israeli Backpackers in India

HAHAHA.......LOL...........If I am not wrong these very indians used to worship Israeli's for all their rights or wrongs, now that they have said the truth about indian ***** and primitive nature, you have stooped so low to not only talk about holocaust you are threatening them another repeat of the same? Shame on you selfish indians.

Ha ha :) get over it buddy.

India has been a home for Israeli's for so many centuries. Israeli's have never been discriminated in India and they never will be.

But my statement was as above only for those Israeli's who dont have the gratitude for what they received.

PS: My Pakistani friend its very easy to stand on the high pedestal and act like a saint but its also important to understand the context which led me to make the statement.

A dentist friend of mine once told me this story that has stuck with me all these years. Now keep in mind that she is a devout Christian lady who happens to be Blond with blue eyes, in other words very Caucasian looking. She said that when she was 20 and a junior in college, she went to Israel with her classmates. She was excited especially because she had an opportunity to visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem in the holy land. Also she was excited about being with the Jewish people as she always carried the biblical context of Jews and that Jesus was a Jew, according to her.

But to her consternation, when in Israel, she found Israeli Jews to be rude and condescending. Every Jewish shop she entered in Jerusalem treated her like a pariah. If she asked any shopkeeper about the price of any item she got dirty hateful looks like why are you wasting our time. At one time she asked them if they would lower the price somewhat as she was just a student and could not afford the hefty price but she did want to take the item as a gift for her mom and the shopkeeper rudely to told her to get out of his shop.

On the other hand she remembered how kind the Arab shopkeepers were to her. They offered her tea and told her she could pay whatever she could afford as she was their guest. The Arab women constantly hugged and kissed her and she felt like she was with her own family. To this day when she meets an Arab or a Muslim, she is reminded of her trip to Israel.

Needless to say, she gives me a pretty good discount on my dental work.:D

But you're not an arab.

I think this subtle discrimination in the minds of western tourists will reduce as India develops and as a consequence of this development Indians start respecting Indian laws.

Eg: Indians spitting paan, throwing trash, urinating on the streets.

Like how Western notions of superiority in China have vastly reduced since the last decade - its because they know that Chinese are just as good as them in anything and everything and as a nation China can achieve the same or more as their home countries.

A dentist friend of mine once told me this story that has stuck with me all these years. Now keep in mind that she is a devout Christian lady who happens to be Blond with blue eyes, in other words very Caucasian looking. She said that when she was 20 and a junior in college, she went to Israel with her classmates. She was excited especially because she had an opportunity to visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem in the holy land. Also she was excited about being with the Jewish people as she always carried the biblical context of Jews and that Jesus was a Jew, according to her.

But to her consternation, when in Israel, she found Israeli Jews to be rude and condescending. Every Jewish shop she entered in Jerusalem treated her like a pariah. If she asked any shopkeeper about the price of any item she got dirty hateful looks like why are you wasting our time. At one time she asked them if they would lower the price somewhat as she was just a student and could not afford the hefty price but she did want to take the item as a gift for her mom and the shopkeeper rudely to told her to get out of his shop.

On the other hand she remembered how kind the Arab shopkeepers were to her. They offered her tea and told her she could pay whatever she could afford as she was their guest. The Arab women constantly hugged and kissed her and she felt like she was with her own family. To this day when she meets an Arab or a Muslim, she is reminded of her trip to Israel.

This kinda attitude I have seen even in South India. I think some guys are just like arrogant. One of my coworker who is from other state has the same experience when she visited my home town.

Some traders are just rude like lena he tho lo other wise get out. Those people are have shops time pass and not entirely dependent on this income.

WTF one can't draw the conclusions on a country just because some of their tourists behaved rude. I have seen even many Indian students do the same while travelling in trains.

I think this subtle discrimination in the minds of western tourists will reduce as India develops and as a consequence of this development Indians start respecting Indian laws.

Eg: Indians spitting paan, throwing trash, urinating on the streets.

Like how Western notions of superiority in China have vastly reduced since the last decade - its because they know that Chinese are just as good as them in anything and everything and as a nation China can achieve the same or more as their home countries.

Its not about if someone is as good as you are but its all about the resources i believe.

Once London was as dusty and as smelly as any city of subcontinent. Thanks to goras loot and plunder , they are out of charles dickens' era and think they the most civilized ones

Different people, different experience. I happen to have Israeli Jewish friends. Nice people!

I dont think so... This was a single case. I mean there are so many Israelis coming to places like Goa and we never had issues with them. And there are many Indian Christians traveling to Jerusalem as well without problems. And our close diplomatic relations speak for themselves.

Painting all Israelis with the same brush ? When we hate it when others do the same with us ?

Cloudburst tragedy: Israeli tourists providing succor to locals in Leh - Oneindia News

Such is their love for Ladakh, that in this hour of crisis, a group of trapped Israeli tourists have decided to stay back in disaster stuck Leh and lend a helping hand to locals. Around 50 Israeli tourists, who were stranded in Leh following the floods, are helping the local community.

^^^ These are also Israelis . 50 of them .

Now how many of us Indians would stay to help people in a situation of a natural disaster in any foreign country ?

Most of us including the OP would try to take our a$$es out of that country immediately.

Be practical. Be fair

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom