What's new

This is how Saudi citizens treat South Asian expat workers in Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do agree in principle with what Nationalist bhai is saying....i'd be a lot more hot-headed if some bastard came into MY taxi cab and degraded me like that.

but the biggest shame is on this guy who showed utter disrespect to the guest worker.....it was ''brown people'' that built the entire Persian Gulf with their hands, blood and sweat.

they should be respected......how old was the guy? Seems he was younger than the cabbie. Who raises their kids to disrespect elders like that?

i do agree in principle with what Nationalist bhai is saying....i'd be a lot more hot-headed if some bastard came into MY taxi cab and degraded me like that.

but the biggest shame is on this guy who showed utter disrespect to the guest worker.....it was ''brown people'' that built the entire Persian Gulf with their hands, blood and sweat.

they should be respected......how old was the guy? Seems he was younger than the cabbie. Who raises their kids to disrespect elders like that?

Man me and my friends would have picked this guy up and taken him to a basement somewhere and teach him a sabak.

Listen guys we seem to be going a bit of topic. I do not want this to seem like a one off. We all recognise that we have good and bad in all countries. the point to note I think here is that Saudi society seems to be riddled with racism and discrimination and that applies to women etc. I mean even Wikipedia has a whole section on this so it is something that Saudis are becoming infamous for:

Saudi Arabia

Racism against foreigners "Non-citizens"

Racism in Saudi Arabia is mainly against labor workers who are foreigners, mostly from Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Philippines, and other poor countries. There can also be discriminatory attitudes towards foreigners from poor Arab countries, like Egypt or Yemen

Discrimination against the historically urbanized Saudi citizens of non-tribalist, non-Bedouin origins or "Hadar" lit "civil"

There can be a lot of discrimination towards the Saudi citizens of non-Bedouin origins or "Hadar" lit "civil or urban", such as people from Jeddah, Mecca, Medina, Yanbu and Taif", generally the Hijaz area" where people are more mixed and have a multi-ethnic makeup, this was due to the area being the only in the peninsula which had open trade and connections with the outside world. The tribal Saudi Bedouins discriminate against the Saudis of non-Bedouin origins "Hadar" by calling them (tarsh bahar) literally meaning (sea-vomit), a term which dates back to the fall of the kingdom of Hejaz into Saudi hands, the Hijazies or "Hadar" who are known for their distinctive Hijazi Arabic dialect, considered themselves to be much more sophisticated and civilized, while the Bedouin conquerors saw themselves as being more racially pure and thus responded by calling them (tarsh bahar).[citation needed] Hijzies sometimes answer back by simply calling Bedouins "bedouins" or sometimes "Soroob" a slang term for bedouin, backward or savage. The Saudis of non-Bedouin origins are not usually allowed into the military services which might be for historical reasons, there are, however, many exceptions. There are no laws instated against racism in Saudi Arabia, and since the government is of a tribalist Bedouin background, one can safely say that discrimination and racism is sometimes institutionalized in Saudi Arabia.

Religious or sectarian forms of discrimination

Discrimination fueled by religious sentiment is quite common in Saudi Arabia. The most prominent is the discrimination against the Shia sect of Islam minority in the Eastern and southern regions of Saudi. The Shia are disenfranchised by not being allowed into the military, and forbidden to hold key positions in government as well, this is in contrast with Hijazies who have a long tradition of holding key positions in the government which dates back to the early days of the Saudi conquest of the Kingdom of Hejaz. The Sufi sects of Sunni Islam which are present in Hijaz are also not exempt from harassment from the strict main stream Wahabbi sect. One need not stress that there is a discrimination against non-Muslims "usually western foreigners" in general, this usually goes unnoticed as their numbers are quite negligible in comparison to other minorities.

Tribalism or "tribe vs tribe"

Another form of discrimination is tribalism "tribe against tribe", or favoritism of one's own tribe to others. This happens among Saudies of Bedouin tribalist background, this form of discrimination has roots in the vicious tribal wars and conflicts which predated Saudi Arabia.

Social opposition to discrimination/racism in Saudi Arabia

All these forms of racism and discrimination are in a sense accepted socially speaking "meaning there is no vocal or serious social opposition to it", with the opposition to it being essentially non-vocal if existent. A person who opposes any form of racism in Saudi is considered too nice and/or too polite, many do so from a religious stand point,so, they could also be considered too religious. In other words, in Saudi Arabia racism is not endorsed socially and/or legally but it is not a taboo by any means, as it is treated in the West.

Racism in the Middle East - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no room imo in the 21st centuary for these abuses to be so openly practiced

I have a Quran on my bookshelf

it doesnt make my flat a ''holy'' place

No, it does not but it makes it a respectable place. You set the boundaries of your respect and i set mine!
While, the holiness is in your heart, It goes with you every where and you don't have to carry it in your pocket or bag!

And Aran-B has just got back to his old passion, mudslinging Arabs and Saudis. Take your time guys. Have fun!

Imagine the outrage that could have occurred if the same thing happened in West. Entire Muslim community could have raised hell sounding foul at that behavior. For an outsider like me, it seems Muslims berating and killing among themselves is perfectly normal but hey if it some Khafir, gang up on him.

I am not trolling by the way. I am just saying as I see it.

Now that makes them Angels, right?

I am not favoring them, but i am telling you truth.

?????? When you can't reply because your dirt has been exposed you post a rant and run away????

Aryan_B has just exposed the racist, arrogant, supremacist nature of gulf Arabs, not that it wasn't exposed already, but this incident along with many other only prove that the tribal, racist, arrogant mentality still exists in some Saudi people.

I am not going to repeat myself, plz have a look:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/185429-going-miskeen-saudi-arabia.html

And Aran-B has just got back to his old passion, mudslinging Arabs and Saudis. Take your time guys. Have fun!

Ad hominem

Abusive

Abusive ad hominem (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to attack his claim or invalidate his argument, but can also involve pointing out true character flaws or actions that are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This is logically fallacious because it relates to the opponent's personal character, which has nothing to do with the logical merit of the opponent's argument, whereas mere verbal abuse in the absence of an argument is not ad hominem nor any kind of logical fallacy.[6]

Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ad hominem

Abusive

Abusive ad hominem (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to attack his claim or invalidate his argument, but can also involve pointing out true character flaws or actions that are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This is logically fallacious because it relates to the opponent's personal character, which has nothing to do with the logical merit of the opponent's argument, whereas mere verbal abuse in the absence of an argument is not ad hominem nor any kind of logical fallacy.[6]

Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Psychological projection

Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings.
Projection reduces anxiety by allowing the expression of the unwanted unconscious impulses or desires without letting the conscious mind recognize them.
An example of this behavior might be blaming another for self failure. The mind may avoid the discomfort of consciously admitting personal faults by keeping those feelings unconscious, and by redirecting libidinal satisfaction by attaching, or "projecting," those same faults onto another person or object.
The theory was developed by Sigmund Freud - in his letters to Wilhelm Fliess, '"Draft H" deals with projection as a mechanism of defence'- and further refined by his daughter Anna Freud; for this reason, it is sometimes referred to as Freudian Projection.
Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kayani was trained to defend, kill and report.

Jinnah was a nation builder. Or among the ''top'' people who were part of the Pakistani movement.

this is disgusting these guys are racists fucks a lot of indians have suffered abuses like this in saudi...i myself know of people who went through such horrible exp. and people who are saying this is just a one off incident are living in a fairy land for sure :lol: .

Dude, Is this why you put Sikhs as human shield in case of war?

Sikhs Still Cannot Forget Partition of their Motherland and Are the First Ones to Slaughter Pakistanis in Case of War. They are out of Indian Control. :lol:

Guys lets get back on topic please. All Asians who go to work in Saud are suffering abuse. Saudis do not distinguish between Bangladeshis Pakistanis or Indians

Listen guys we seem to be going a bit of topic. I do not want this to seem like a one off. We all recognise that we have good and bad in all countries. the point to note I think here is that Saudi society seems to be riddled with racism and discrimination and that applies to women etc. I mean even Wikipedia has a whole section on this so it is something that Saudis are becoming infamous for:

Saudi Arabia

Racism against foreigners "Non-citizens"

Racism in Saudi Arabia is mainly against labor workers who are foreigners, mostly from Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Philippines, and other poor countries. There can also be discriminatory attitudes towards foreigners from poor Arab countries, like Egypt or Yemen

Discrimination against the historically urbanized Saudi citizens of non-tribalist, non-Bedouin origins or "Hadar" lit "civil"

There can be a lot of discrimination towards the Saudi citizens of non-Bedouin origins or "Hadar" lit "civil or urban", such as people from Jeddah, Mecca, Medina, Yanbu and Taif", generally the Hijaz area" where people are more mixed and have a multi-ethnic makeup, this was due to the area being the only in the peninsula which had open trade and connections with the outside world. The tribal Saudi Bedouins discriminate against the Saudis of non-Bedouin origins "Hadar" by calling them (tarsh bahar) literally meaning (sea-vomit), a term which dates back to the fall of the kingdom of Hejaz into Saudi hands, the Hijazies or "Hadar" who are known for their distinctive Hijazi Arabic dialect, considered themselves to be much more sophisticated and civilized, while the Bedouin conquerors saw themselves as being more racially pure and thus responded by calling them (tarsh bahar).[citation needed] Hijzies sometimes answer back by simply calling Bedouins "bedouins" or sometimes "Soroob" a slang term for bedouin, backward or savage. The Saudis of non-Bedouin origins are not usually allowed into the military services which might be for historical reasons, there are, however, many exceptions. There are no laws instated against racism in Saudi Arabia, and since the government is of a tribalist Bedouin background, one can safely say that discrimination and racism is sometimes institutionalized in Saudi Arabia.

Religious or sectarian forms of discrimination

Discrimination fueled by religious sentiment is quite common in Saudi Arabia. The most prominent is the discrimination against the Shia sect of Islam minority in the Eastern and southern regions of Saudi. The Shia are disenfranchised by not being allowed into the military, and forbidden to hold key positions in government as well, this is in contrast with Hijazies who have a long tradition of holding key positions in the government which dates back to the early days of the Saudi conquest of the Kingdom of Hejaz. The Sufi sects of Sunni Islam which are present in Hijaz are also not exempt from harassment from the strict main stream Wahabbi sect. One need not stress that there is a discrimination against non-Muslims "usually western foreigners" in general, this usually goes unnoticed as their numbers are quite negligible in comparison to other minorities.

Tribalism or "tribe vs tribe"

Another form of discrimination is tribalism "tribe against tribe", or favoritism of one's own tribe to others. This happens among Saudies of Bedouin tribalist background, this form of discrimination has roots in the vicious tribal wars and conflicts which predated Saudi Arabia.

Social opposition to discrimination/racism in Saudi Arabia

All these forms of racism and discrimination are in a sense accepted socially speaking "meaning there is no vocal or serious social opposition to it", with the opposition to it being essentially non-vocal if existent. A person who opposes any form of racism in Saudi is considered too nice and/or too polite, many do so from a religious stand point,so, they could also be considered too religious. In other words, in Saudi Arabia racism is not endorsed socially and/or legally but it is not a taboo by any means, as it is treated in the West.

Racism in the Middle East - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no room imo in the 21st centuary for these abuses to be so openly practiced

this is disgusting these guys are racists fucks a lot of indians have suffered abuses like this in saudi...i myself know of people who went through such horrible exp. and people who are saying this is just a one off incident are living in a fairy land for sure :lol: .

I have met Pakistanis who suffered by the hands of Indians, sponsored by Shia Saudis.

Apparently, in the video the car driver was caught in a running state and conversation hints after passing some insulting remarks to Saudis nationals.

It was an angry Saudi nationalist, dealing a troll!

Video has been posted and discussed already twice in last 2 days!

BTW.. even the translation is a trolling attempt. words are twisted and added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom