What's new

Top 20 Countries With the Largest Metro Subway Networks in the World, astonishing growth!

China doesn't have much habitable lands like US does, and China started very late, the first meter of highway was built in 1990's in China and now China is already the world leader by a huge margin, 10 years ago traffic in China was one of the worst in the world but now traffic in US is no better than China's, you don't see how big a change happened in the past decade?

china-3d-render-topographic-map-color-frank-ramspott.jpg

So in other words you don’t have a multiple of the number of paved roads the US has.

You also admitted the US population is likely more spread out because we don’t have a habitable land problem as bad as China’s. So now you know why we don’t have 150+ cities with people crammed into them needing all these lengthy subways.

Also keep in mind US citizens own more private land than any other nation. So why live or rely on someone else’s in the city.

Last edited:
USA is extremely car centric nation while having relatively low population(barring NY adjacent area & California). So I guess there was never major push for metros or even the public railways( their freights are probably the best in the world). While European and Asian countries are densely populated, hence the well designed public transportation system. We will see more growth in Asian countries in coming years for metros!!
I had to read and re-read this sentence a couple times. I thought I saw double and missed the word 'not' somewhere. Compared to India, your word 'best' is so true.

the chart is somehow misleading , it didn't include population and the size of country

Back
Top Bottom