What's new

Tragic : Four Indians Freeze To Death on Canada-US Border

It's cold in Canada. Brown people don't do well in the cold. :enjoy:
Lol...tons of Indians live in the rust belt of US

Impossible for illegals to find employment in Canada. It's already hard enough for many legal immigrants. Also they can't avail free medical or any social assistance because the moment they come under the radar they will be deported.
Not that different in the US for desi illegals ...only reason I can think of is they have relatives in US who can accommodate and offer them employment immediately. Looking at their last name, they might be Sikhs who're plenty in Canada

Probably because they entered Canada legally & didn't have the Right to extend their stay by seeking Asylum.

Some (desi) lawyer probably told 'em that if they enter US, they might have a case to become Refugees there.

There should be handbook for Dummies that if they are planning on doing something as extreme as walking in -40° for miles, they might as well invest in some thermal clothing from North Face or Patagonia.
Honestly, if you're not someone who is acclimated to cold...particularly something which involes a ton of physical activity and survival tactics, no thermal gear would help even if you're using Canada Goose. I can imagine how dumb these folks might be taking that risk with a kid and an infant

Lol...tons of Indians live in the rust belt of US

Not that different in the US for desi illegals ...only reason I can think of is they have relatives in US who can accommodate and offer them employment immediately. Looking at their last name, they might be Sikhs who're plenty in Canada

Honestly, if you're not someone who is acclimated to cold...particularly something which involes a ton of physical activity and survival tactics, no thermal gear would help even if you're using Canada Goose. I can imagine how dumb these folks might be taking that risk with a kid and an infant
That crossing should never have been done and the criminals who put them up to this should be arrested. It is however a barren border as such if you’ve ever driven through it. I only did a border “dip” near the michigan side and compared to this the El-paso side is a fortress.

That crossing should never have been done and the criminals who put them up to this should be arrested. It is however a barren border as such if you’ve ever driven through it. I only did a border “dip” near the michigan side and compared to this the El-paso side is a fortress.
Parts of I-80 itself are closed during blizzards and snow storms. Liam Nesson's "The Ice Road" is a good example to show how the bordering areas look like during winters...these folks must've assumed the hike to be similar to taking a walk from Punjab to Delhi

Parts of I-80 itself are closed during blizzards and snow storms. Liam Nesson's "The Ice Road" is a good example to show how the bordering areas look like during winters...these folks must've assumed the hike to be similar to taking a walk from Punjab to Delhi
Most of the dead were from Gujarat also some arrested also

People don’t just do it without someone really suggesting it.

It's cold in Canada. Brown people don't do well in the cold. :enjoy:
Desis cope with the cold eventually - fairly large population in Calgary and they have acclimated

I can imagine how dumb these folks might be taking that risk with a kid and an infant
Given these folks were illegals, this is first time they are in USA and such winters

People in India/subcontinent are clueless about extreme cold climate.

Temperatures in India only go that low in Siachen.

now before coming, I believed in USA people wear a peacoat/trenchcoat and layer up for snow and that should suffice

I hardly knew the difference between -5 C and -20 C

I assumed a peacoat with layering was enough and learnt it the hard way in -12 C and windy night

Took extensive online research to figure goose down parka works best

As for -40 C one will require one to dress like Yakutia folk where average temperature is -50 C, to make a long journey in such climate

Given these folks were illegals, this is first time they are in USA and such winters

People in India/subcontinent are clueless about extreme cold climate.

Temperatures in India only go that low in Siachen.

now before coming, I believed in USA people wear a peacoat/trenchcoat and layer up for snow and that should suffice

I hardly knew the difference between -5 C and -20 C

I assumed a peacoat with layering was enough and learnt it the hard way in -12 C and windy night

Took extensive online research to figure goose down parka works best

As for -40 C one will require one to dress like Yakutia folk where average temperature is -50 C, to make a long journey in such climate

Folks in Yakutsk wear actual fur coats obtained from mink, fox or the likes since down wouldn't suffice. Yakutian cold is too harsh for goose as well. Issue regarding such border crossings in extreme climatic conditions is not really what you wear no matter how much layering up you do since illegals from latin American countries also die during such crossings where it's extremely hot in summers and very cold in winters...a weather pattern these latinos have already accustomed to. It is their physical ability to hike and survive these conditions which they should train for months in advance before taking up such an expedition

a noob with no experience would find it extremely hard or impossible to scale a 2000ft elevation if he's not someone who regularly works out. Given the Indian lifestyle, working out and outdoor activities are alien to the general populace unless they're in a profession where they're required to

Imagine the need to escape India with such young souls and then trying to enter a country illegally under such harsh conditions. How desperate one must be. R.I.P

1643374418449.png

Four members of the Patel family had died of extreme conditions near US-Canada border. (File)

Imagine the need to escape India with such young souls and then trying to enter a country illegally under such harsh conditions. How desperate one must be. R.I.P

View attachment 811725
Four members of the Patel family had died of extreme conditions near US-Canada border. (File)
The risk was not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom