What's new

Training aircraft crashes in Ctg

Avisheik

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

An Air Force training aircraft crashed near Jahurul Haque base at Patenga in Chittagong around Monday noon.

The pilot is safe, Diganta TV, a private satellite television, said in a breaking scroll.

The incident occurred when the aircraft was landing on the runway of the base after a training session, our correspondent in Chittagong reported.

The aircraft caught fire seconds before touching down the landing strip, a source said

An Air Force training aircraft crashed near Jahurul Haque base at Patenga in Chittagong around Monday noon.

The pilot is safe, Diganta TV, a private satellite television, said in a breaking scroll.

The incident occurred when the aircraft was landing on the runway of the base after a training session, our correspondent in Chittagong reported.

The aircraft caught fire seconds before touching down the landing strip, a source said

They havent reported whether is it a PT6 or T37.

must be a PT6. Why on earth our air force use these world war 1 vintage plane for training??

must be a PT6. Why on earth our air force use these world war 1 vintage plane for training??

Cheap and easily replaceable. However, it might hinder the training of the pilots

The pilot Flight Lieutenant Muntasin ejected safely. Appears this was an A-5.

yeah saw it on tv. A ground camouflage painted A-5.. Looks like the engine caught fire......

I hope that the government reconsiders the A5 in our air force and buy new warplanes. I know this is only one off incident and could have happened to any aircraft, however, A5 planes are getting really old and is becoming a hazard to the pilots flying them

A report published few years back we have upgrade our A-5 f-6 just to suck some money by the contractor(saeed eskender was involved if i am not wrong ) . we really need to replace all our f-6 a-5 on emergency basis

Well, the pilot didn't use ejection seat. He just jumped off from the running plane after touching down runway.... Thats a bit uncommon....

Well, the pilot didn't use election seat. He just jumped off from the running plane after touching down runway.... Thats a bit uncommon....

So you expect him to use ejection button after touching down?? That would be more uncommon and he could get hurt without the parachuit. Its good that he brought the palne down.

Well, the pilot didn't use ejection seat. He just jumped off from the running plane after touching down runway.... Thats a bit uncommon....

Really? I saw the news report, that the pilot used parachute. I think we have to wait for a while before the details of the incident can come out

2011-10-10-21-08-55-October...........Ten%2046.jpg

2011-10-10-21-08-47-October...........Ten%2047.jpg

2011-10-10-21-08-42-October...........Ten%2048.jpg

A fighter aircraft of Bangladesh Air Force crashed at Shah Amanat International Airport in Chittagong on Monday. Photo: suman Babu/ bdnews24.com/ Chittagong, Oct 10, 2011

Well aircraft isn't completely destroyed and looks in the condition to be repaired.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom