Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Wick

Reaction score
Country
India
Why isn't there a troll thread?

This is a suggestion though!

There has been a significant boost of members on Defence.pk and the number of newbies has prompted an exponential increase in the number of trolls and spams all across. There's a general psychology of getting ego-hurt at times which again inspires other members to reply to those trolls and this virtually this ends up in a troll war(that's quite obvious). Moderators try to keep everything under control but sometimes (more often than sometimes) these trolls go uninspected.

Now, what I am trying to say is, Let there be sticky troll thread wherein any member who would want to troll can post the link (of the thread on which he/she wants to troll) and start trolling on it.

Pros:

1. One thing which this could do pretty well is, quench their trolling thirst.

2. This would significantly decrease derailing and would maintain the audacity of the original thread.

3. It would save members from getting infractions.

4. Logically sound people would not fool around searching technically correct posts and comments.

Cons:

1. Members need to understand as to what is trolling.
Solution: The Admin should attach a thread to the welcome message, which should contain what is expected of them during their stay at this forum.

Any more cons? Post below.

Moderators should know that it doesn't even take 5 minutes to create a new email id and register at Defence.pk. So banning isn't always the solution.

Members should, at all cost abide by the rules of the forum and not post objectionable, offendable, obscene and illegitimate posts even at this troll thread(if at all it is created).

Unless the appetite for spamming and trolling isn't satisfied one cannot abnegate from it.

P.S. : Rational, Prudent and Legitimate comments are more than welcome.

There were previous attempts to start a Troll page but that was more based on being funny and amusing.

Note: This is writer's own thought, it wasn't written to affront anybody.

Special Thanks to BUTTERS for being my first friend here.I really like this Irish guy!

Troll thread has no good impact . It will have following adverse effects :
It will spread hate among members ,
It will become a cause fights among members ,
Sooner members start abusing each other
Mods will be forced to close such thread
Many more reasons
So instead of thinking of Troll thread you should suggest a friends thread in which members become friendly and can say sorry to each other for misbehaving in other threads . It will help to build trust , friendship , professionalism and understanding

Troll thread has no good impact . It will have following adverse effects :
It will spread hate among members ,
It will become a cause fights among members ,
Sooner members start abusing each other
Mods will be forced to close such thread
Many more reasons
So instead of thinking of Troll thread you should suggest a friends thread in which members become friendly and can say sorry to each other for misbehaving in other threads . It will help to build trust , friendship , professionalism and understanding

I think you are correct. Thanks for enlightening me brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom