What's new

Truth vs hype of Indian defence modernisation in the last 10 years

I think to write it off the army chief's statement that India is not war ready ...as a mere PR stunt is insulting to Army chief.

Actually that's even my intention, because it's laughable to blame the MoD/DM for the lack of capability, when it's your own force that is responsible for the issues to a large extend! He should had cleared the issues in his house first, before blaming others and should had kept quiet about LUH, SR missiles or howitzers.

The simple fact that IAF and IN were able to make themself war ready, under the same MoD makes clear where the problem actually lies and keep in mind that IAF claims to be able to fight a 2 front war!
So the question is not what the MoD/DM did wrong, but why the IA lacks so far behind the other forces and what THEY actually did in the last 10 years?

I already gave the example of SR missiles, where IAF showed even quiet well how the air defence capability could be modernised, if you do it the right way. So why are we not questioning the Army Chief or better his predecessors including Mr V.K. Singh why IA did not procured the same missiles as a stop gap?
One could also ask, why was IAF able to evaluate and downselect VIP helicopters, combat helicopters, heavy lift helicopters and procure additional Mi 17s in huge numbers, in less time that IA needed to downselect the LUH?
So who's competence and efficiency do we have to question, of the MoD / DM or of IA?

We tend to not ask the right questions, because we already know the answer! We know who messed up most of the indigenous developments and we know why IA is so far behind, but we want to protect scientists, workers, project managers and even corrupt soldiers, because it's easier to point fingers at the government and politicians, but that doesn't solve the problems!

HOWEVER, India hasn't done enough to address "threats." While I don't think China is a threat, even if we go to war, it won't be a threat, cause India's existence won't be put into question, nor will heavy casualties be the case, but in terms of matching capabilities or surpassing, India has not done enough, period.

modest much!!!

We should thank god for Chinese(some of them of course) are so arrogant and plain dumb...It they had little less of those, may be they would actually be superpower than a country which seen as the next Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia..
Simple formula buddy! u attack and we both will burn! so go figure !

Back
Top Bottom