What's new

Trying India's FREE Government School Meal

I don’t think this is the duty of a government. India should lead education into the private sector.

And make it impossible for people to afford? No thanks.

Education is a founding principle of the country and it should strictly be in the hands of the government.

Just look at the bloody donations that private sector asks for same education. Many people take loans that they can never afford.

In fact, Education sector needs to be blended with Private-Government partnership where there is a constant check on the pricing of courses.

Let's face it - either extremes are too dangerous.

Edit:
although this video is way old, and things have improved a little.
but that little is very very little.

They give free meals to school children in India? That is very good initiative. Specially for underdeveloped regions. I wish these steps are taken in Pakistan too.
But one major concern should be healthcare measures and sanitation. I mean these are children of growing age. Home made food is clean and made with care. You don't want to feed young ones with Bacteria and Viruses Ridden Crap that most of low grade hotels or "Dhaabas" Serve. Better not serve at all if quality measures cannot be regulated. No need to make them eat dhaaba food and make them sick.
Still very positive thing.
Generally, the teachers eat the same food. The quality varies depending on the people managing eat.

On a side note, we also have subsidised food(with costs around 1to 2 rs per kg of rice.) for BPL(below poverty line) families.

My very point. Eggs are a cheap source of protein, especially if milk is not part of the meal. Of course you would know more about this.

The mistake is to involve religious groups like ISKCON in the mid-day meal program because they bring in their sense of morality.

By the way, welcome back.

Wow !! Who built that staircase ??

They should get a separate supplier for eggs. Maybe reserve it for breakfast or evening snack.

Back
Top Bottom