What's new

TTP fighters infiltrate into Chitral and attempt to seize villages/posts 6/9/23

I say this respectfully - it was not "thousands".
In this terrain you cannot operate at those numbers effectively.
The team was at best 100. Most likely a smaller team.

Also note Chitral is no Sawaat. TTP does not have fertile ground like Sawaat.
They will be cleared out. The main challenge here is not a battle group from the TTP that is difficult to address, the main issue here is tactical and terrain.

I am more concerned about the general level of sound decision making at the top and its broader impact on the country. We are in a very tough situation.

Sir jee terrorists numbering 70-100 attacking our posts is a frequent affair, such attacks are delt with quite easily....as the defensive sys of barbwire fence, forts every few miles backed up by artillery n tanks is quite a formidable defence n is in place just for such attacks where the terrorists number in their 100s.

So to breach this defence u need terrorists in numbers going upto a few thousands at least n this attack was exactly that, which over whelmed our first line of defence n breached it.
By the time we gathered strength n launched the counter the damage had already been done in both men n material.

I said it before n I will say it again this was a probationary attack, a dress rehearsal, a diversionary attack before india launches its attacks.
Diversionary as regular troops have been moved to the broder ti beef it up.
How can you amass 1000+ people at once without detection.

Also we are seeing three different claims.

-Panzer says 70-100

-TTP claims several hundreds

-You claim several thousands

Thousands doesn't sound realistic as they'd be detected and be sitting ducks. I think it was around 100-150

I am no army guy
but Just one question if they were in thousands according to u they would have more clustered up, artillery and machine gunners would have had a field day and if the aviation was also used in response to this attack it would have been a massacre for TTP, attacking a well defended position in hilly terrain backed by artillery and Aviation is an ask for good nice spanking, have u forgot that gigantic kiev convoy, there is a reason why americans have Brigade fight groups instead of divisions!
Attack in waves of hundred is logical and makes more sense u get know weakness amoung enemy lines communicate it to the next and so, this way u won't have easey pickings for machine gunners and artillery but aviation will still f u up i guess?
would u agree Sir
@PanzerKiel
Look i was not on the ground in chitral, this was conved by someone who is on the ground in the Frontline....when he was called to check his wellbeing
N I never said that the 1000s would have attacked in one go shoulder to shoulder.....in such terrain the only way for the foot soldier to attack is in waves.

Rather then get into pointless debates PAA has deployed gunships to the area along with24/7 civerage by drones...which I am sure also intales that the PAF has also been flying sorties in support of our troops. Plus troops have rush to chatral as well

Now u n every other so called rational person is telling me is that all this has been done to stop 70 -100 terrorists.!!

All I can say is relax sit back take a chill pill n then think about it all.

How can you amass 1000+ people at once without detection.

Also we are seeing three different claims.

-Panzer says 70-100

-TTP claims several hundreds

-You claim several thousands

Thousands doesn't sound realistic as they'd be detected and be sitting ducks. I think it was around 100-150
Plz refer to my latest post on the subject...n it might ans ur question

Look i was not on the ground in chitral, this was conved by someone who is on the ground in the Frontline....when he was called to check his wellbeing
N I never said that the 1000s would have attacked in one go shoulder to shoulder.....in such terrain the only way for the foot soldier to attack is in waves.

Rather then get into pointless debates PAA has deployed gunships to the area along with24/7 civerage by drones...which I am sure also intales that the PAF has also been flying sorties in support of our troops. Plus troops have rush to chatral as well

Now u n every other so called rational person is telling me is that all this has been done to stop 70 -100 terrorists.!!

Wow, that is a lot of terrorists. To put it in context, the total number of terrorists active in Kashmir is estimated to be less than 50.

I say this respectfully - it was not "thousands".
In this terrain you cannot operate at those numbers effectively.
The team was at best 100. Most likely a smaller team.

Also note Chitral is no Sawaat. TTP does not have fertile ground like Sawaat.
They will be cleared out. The main challenge here is not a battle group from the TTP that is difficult to address, the main issue here is tactical and terrain.

I am more concerned about the general level of sound decision making at the top and its broader impact on the country. We are in a very tough situation.
Assuming someone wants to clear them out

How will elections be delayed if there is no terrorists

Pakistan airforce and all those intelligence assets should be decommissioned

We can use that money to build a hydro dam since we can't do anything in Afghanistan even when Daddy isn't there.

Or is Paf afraid of Afghanistan airforce

i also said that but the reports of posts been overrun was wrong i believe that also @PanzerKiel said the same, if they had captured those posts for 30 mint they would have made a 100 videos!

A good opportunity for Pak to get hold of the Wakhan corridor....

Looks like the Pak Deep State wants to gear-up the solution to the Afgan problem. You must ruthlessly and mercilessly subjugate the Afgans into numerous warring factions involved in intense inter-faction rivalry, or die.....

A good opportunity for Pak to get hold of the Wakhan corridor....

Looks like the Pak Deep State wants to gear-up the solution to the Afgan problem. You must ruthlessly and mercilessly subjugate the Afgans into numerous warring factions involved in intense inter-faction rivalry, or die.....
Pak state can't do such a thing until it decides to grow some balls like actual men and remove the cowards and pro-Afghan lobbies from its ranks

Another huge burden is after removal of IK they don't have domestic support, the idiots have fucked themselves and the country to please Amreka

I understand the lethal force option, but before they “swarm” and are lingering just over the border, some psychological warfare may cause them to rout. Psychological “containment” can help keep these miscreants in check and to recent skirmishes that make the IEA lose face. Ultimately these miscreants are a distraction and a nuisance if we have enough resources at the border. We don’t need to be distracted from our goal of the trans-afghan border and Central Asian trade and onward rail connection to China, to gain back geo-strategic relevance.

Btw, if they cross, can’t Pakistani forces cross back in a pincher move and envelope and neutralize them?

An interesting documentary I recently saw about how Rome dealt with barbarians on its borders, showed how they dealt with such a threat.

Btw, This was also my example and basis for my comments for the past year of how to deal with the afghan smugglers, small trading posts align a border every so often for taxable trade but a secure border everywhere else.

Btw, small air strips near these border forts where possible can also help the psychological effect of showing Medivacs of Pakistani forces and miscreants that capitulate as well as the local population. This on top of decent enough if modest medical facilities permanently build around these border towns. Even simple and relatively cheap gyrocopter ambulances in wide use can have this multiplier effect. For the price of one helicopter, dozens of gyropcpters can be on standby, and even be the visible proof of supporting the Pakistani state over these miscreant smugglers.

7:25-8:43 and 31:45-35:50

But any effort needs to be done within our budget in a sustainable manner, especially one that employs more locals and circulates investment money in their local economy while building ties to the rest of the country. Lessons from the failed effort by ISAF in Afghanistan can point to pitfalls Pakistan can try to avoid.

@PanzerKiel

This recent news of 7 TTP killed, they were engaged inside Chitral ?

Pakistan is mismanaged on so many levels. I don't think they can get anything right, from border security, economy, diplomacy. I can't belive a country with a giga army like Pakistan's is still fighting TTP after 20 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom