What's new

Turkey and Egypt agree on a 2 billion dollar financial package

I'm just saying playing nice guy won't bring us anything to those who consider this some sort investment. We aren't a petrol rich country. Government get that money by taking some heavy taxes from hardworking people so it shouldn't be wasted any more than usual.

Anyway phuck it.. I only hope they put it to good use since it's not easy-earned Saudi money.

I don't think lending money is playing the nice guy. Nice guys don't lend money, they just be nice.

I don't want to lose what we gained the little things in Egypt when we supported the revolution in Egypt just like we lost Tunisia to France or Libya to Italy. Like or not, Turkish Government's support meant something to many Egyptians. And regardless of what you do or how you play nice, it doesn't give you the expected results unless you support it with financial tools. Egypt is the heart of Arab world and we'll lose a lot of economical advantage in middle east if the revolution fails in Egypt.

I agree with you the fact that we aren't a petrol rich country. However, we are not a poor country, either. The Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey's foreign currency reserves worth some 100 billion USD. It would be foolish not to lend 2 billions of them to Egypt with a fair interest rate. That 2 billion is still OUR 2 billion and it will bring some more interest, too. I don't care if the interest rate is little lower from the street market because it will bring other advantages.

PS: Saudis GAVE Turkey 1 billion dollar worth of petrol for free in 1974 during the Cyprus Peace Operation while whole world turned their back at us.

i agree with you this is the people money and if they need it they must have it and if i were you i would have said more
but there is something strange happening this and the money we got from the arabs and europe and the US why ???? we wanted it a long time ago and suddenly everyone is so giving us i wonder why

Simple dictator regime fall and Mursi is the new ruler therefore whoever pleases Mursi will get Egypt's alliance : Remember shocking anti-assad speech Mursi give last month in Iran?

Egypt is always getting financial aid, it's been one of the largest recipient of US foreign aid for decades, now getting it from Turkiye. Have any Arab countries provided Egypt with aid?

Egypt is always getting financial aid, it's been one of the largest recipient of US foreign aid for decades, now getting it from Turkiye. Have any Arab countries provided Egypt with aid?

If i remember right Saudis promised to make 3-4 billion dollar investment for Egypt.

Simple dictator regime fall and Mursi is the new ruler therefore whoever pleases Mursi will get Egypt's alliance : Remember shocking anti-assad speech Mursi give last month in Iran?
it is not about the revolution we have been requesting aid for more than a year it must have been the speech

it is not about the revolution we have been requesting aid for more than a year it must have been the speech

of course it was the speech...... Morsi sold his dignity for the GCC West and now Turkey's money..... Oh yeah wait for some more news in aid and economic help for Egypt...... It's just a shame that Egyptian government sold their voice to GCC money :disagree:

In my opinion Egypt needs a new revolution because getting these aids for free is a dream... one day GCC will mess with Egypt since they have a big role in Egypt's economy, so if Egypt does something that upsets the GCC in future, then GCC has the Egyptian economy in their hands... so they know what to do... so Egypt have to be under the "mercy" of GCC..... Egypt should get any money... because GCC and the West wont just "invest" and "aid" Egypt for free...

of course it was the speech...... Morsi sold his dignity for the GCC West and now Turkey's money..... Oh yeah wait for some more news in aid and economic help for Egypt...... It's just a shame that Egyptian government sold their voice to GCC money :disagree:

In my opinion Egypt needs a new revolution because getting these aids for free is a dream... , so if Egypt does something that upsets the GCC in future, then GCC has the Egyptian economy in their hands... so they know what to do... so Egypt have to be under the "mercy" of GCC..... Egypt should get any money... because GCC and the West wont just "invest" and "aid" Egypt for free...
my friend alot of countries thought they have controlled egypt before no one can control egypt we are too big for a foreigner to control us and i think if everything go as planned our economy will be bigger and better in the next 2 years we just needed some dollars to get started like i said before we cant change our policy because about 5 million working in GCC also our unemployment rate is very high we need a year or 2 to get back on our feet then we will be free to do as we wish i wished for a balanced relations with all powers in the world and we should have focused on relations with turkey and iran and africa but what can i do morsi is elected by the people so he will have his 4 years

Inshallah for what? Turkey didn't give you 2 Billion US dollars, they've lent it to you. You will have to repay them back anyways, Agenty!

You understand the dynamics of modern economy, right?! Modern economy is built on the fact how you can manage your internal and external debts and it is very very important to be able to borrow money with an interest rate below the street market to enlarge your country. Without borrowing money, no country can enlarge with a significant growth rate unless you have huge underground sources such as petrol, natural gas, ...

my friend alot of countries thought they have controlled egypt before no one can control egypt we are too big for a foreigner to control us and i think if everything go as planned our economy will be bigger and better in the next 2 years we just needed some dollars to get started like i said before we cant change our policy because about 5 million working in GCC also our unemployment rate is very high we need a year or 2 to get back on our feet then we will be free to do as we wish i wished for a balanced relations with all powers in the world and we should have focused on relations with turkey and iran and africa but what can i do morsi is elected by the people so he will have his 4 years

Yes i totally agree with you... however anyone who put a dollar in in any project is considered an owner... so if GCC put money in any type of a project... they for sure are part of the ownership... which gives GCC power in Egypt.... when you own something that mean you have a voice in that project... and later on in the country.... so if Egypt does something that upsets GCC... GCC will for sure threat Egypt of it's economy... because they have a say in Egypt economy since they put something in it.... right??

I'm not economist... but i think that is common sense... if i put money in a project then im considered an owner...

Yes i totally agree with you... however anyone who put a dollar in in any project is considered an owner... so if GCC put money in any type of a project... they for sure are part of the ownership... which gives GCC power in Egypt.... when you own something that mean you have a voice in that project... and later on in the country.... so if Egypt does something that upsets GCC... GCC will for sure threat Egypt of it's economy... because they have a say in Egypt economy since they put something in it.... right??

I'm not economist... but i think that is common sense... if i put money in a project then im considered an owner...
yes you are right but a clever government have back up plans in this cases for example the arabs control the light industry in egypt so we make 0 percent interest loan to egyptian investors in the light industries or talk to countries willing to supply this product at any time to stand by or change the laws in some countries you must have a partner from the country there are so many solutions or there is more radical solution what abd el nasser did in the first revolution (the suez canal)

yes you are right but a clever government have back up plans in this cases for example the arabs control the light industry in egypt so we make 0 percent interest loan to egyptian investors in the light industries or talk to countries willing to supply this product at any time to stand by or change the laws in some countries you must have a partner from the country there are so many solutions or there is more radical solution what abd el nasser did in the first revolution (the suez canal)

I didn't think about that actually.... you are right.....

Well like always I wish Um Aldounia the best.... and Egyptians know whats best for them.... :)

I didn't think about that actually.... you are right.....

Well like always I wish Um Aldounia the best.... and Egyptians know whats best for them.... :)
i wish you and your country the best i really do and i am so sad about what is going on in syria i wish this all end soon
by the way i studied economy i graduated this year

i wish you and your country the best i really do and i am so sad about what is going on in syria i wish this all end soon
by the way i studied economy i graduated this year
Thank you
:woot:
And Congratulations, that's awesome :yahoo:
from that to higher degrees and places ( as we say in Arabic, i hope it made sense lol)

Back
Top Bottom