What's new

Turkey Cancelled F-35 Order, To Be Re-Evaluated

Where did you heard that? Theres no such thing
explorar9 said:
What will the TUAF do? will they opt for typhoon??
Actually, Rumors have been flying around in Turkish Forums troughout the net of a possible new Peace Onyx-v since F-35 has been delayed. However alot of these speculate that Turkey propably wont buy F-16s with PESA radars anymore, Since there was a plan of SSM while ago to suplement the F-35 with Typhoons Tranch-3s, Some say these may be revived.

Actually, Rumors have been flying around in Turkish Forums troughout the net of a possible new Peace Onyx-v since F-35 has been delayed. However alot of these speculate that Turkey propably wont buy F-16s with PESA radars anymore, Since there was a plan of SSM while ago to suplement the F-35 with Typhoons Tranch-3s, Some say these may be revived.

I think if F35 does not fit in TUAF requirements due to certain reasons that have already been discussed by members here then I think Turkey should get settled with 100 odd twin engine F15 silent eagle platforms until their own platform get readied.

At least it's better than buying weapons directly from your papa.What if they refuse to sell new weapons when you are in a war?You would be doomed.

well , they have to learn it in a war .... words can't help them .... just like Iran in 1979 ....
..................................................................................................................................

Who would give codes to US$323 billion worth program in order to sell 100 planes?

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey...-f-35-order-re-evaluated-4.html#ixzz2HqxLiT6k

fact is that no one asked my opinion but I think USA spend some of F35 project budget in his secret project ..... they simply use F35 as a cover .... think about it , they already had stealth technology so logically they could produce F35 with lesser research budget ...

both Russia and China have their own stealth fighter and I'm sure both them didn't spend so much money for their stealth fighter project ....

anyway , even USA himself going to make UCAV and their drone program is going forward strongly , IMO turkey should spend money on drones ....

I think if F35 does not fit in TUAF requirements due to certain reasons that have already been discussed by members here then I think Turkey should get settled with 100 odd twin engine F15 silent eagle platforms until their own platform get readied.

Thats exactly what i think to, The Undefeated dog champion combined with stealth capabilitys, Now thats a head rush. Do you know wether F-15 SE has Internal bay or not?

well , they have to learn it in a war .... words can't help them .... just like Iran in 1979 ....
With all due respect we've learned that lesson much earlier... i'm quite sure you'd be surprised when you found out that Turkey was sanctioned after the 1974 Cyprus military intervention.
fact is that no one asked my opinion but I think USA spend some of F35 project budget in his secret project ..... they simply use F35 as a cover .... think about it , they already had stealth technology so logically they could produce F35 with lesser research budget....
Then why would be so many disagreements between the congress and Lockheed Martin? Doesn't make much sense. F35 isn't just a cheap version of F22. Even it's helmet is revolutionary. Design and development for such a huge project takes a lot of money :) Fact is, neither J20 nor J31 can come near F35. Chinese are very inexperienced in aircraft development. These are just baby steps of a rather huge baby :)

And Turkey will never buy EF. There's no such parallel-universe

Thats exactly what i think to, The Undefeated dog champion combined with stealth capabilitys, Now thats a head rush. Do you know wether F-15 SE has Internal bay or not?

AFAIK F15E Silent Eagle has internal bay.

@explorer9 the problem with your idea is the reason why SE was developed

It was just to give F15 operating countries a cheaper alternative. It offers savings for both ground crew training and spare parts. Turkey never operated F15s before so there's no point for Turkey to buy an inferior plane when there are much better options laying around.
Then the 4.5++ Gen classification is just a fancy word for 5th Gen XD
Stealth my friend, is just one feature of a 5. generation fighter. So no it's definitely not.

Last edited by a moderator:
@tyrant first of all I never liked you,

second, Turkey already produces most of the F16s parts, We have access to F16's source codes and we can make changes on our F16s' we already have our own mission computer for F16. We can also launch our national cruise missiles and. What more do you think we need? Turkey doesn't have to reverse-engineer anything because Turkey has access to real stuff. Stop worrying!
Meltem
Seahawk
YTKB
Seriously 4 ships has an edge over 14? because they have AIP? you too can stop worrying pal.

honnestly if that was the problem you could d get thew plane and modify the software latter , I like to see if USA can do such tricks with our f-14s , and they even did not gave source codes for f-14 to us

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom