What's new

Turkey Finds Energy in Black Sea as Erdogan Vows a New Era

Khazaney (treasures) of Asman and Ard (Heaven and Earth) open for those whose loyalty is truth and justice, and who stand for their brothers, even when the whole world against them.

Allah swt elevates the great Turkish nation.

Turkiye paid $230 for buying per 1.000 cubic meters of gas from Russia in 2019
and in 2020 Turkiye pays $183 to buy per 1.000 cubic meters of natural gas from Russia

so 320 billion cubic meters of natural gas was discovered in the Black Sea = $58,5 - 73,6 billion ..... not bad

and the newly discovered reserves are only a piece of a larger resource. Turkiye will continue to discover more in the Black Sea’s Tuna-1 zone

also there are huge gas reserves for Turkiye in the Eastern Mediterranean

Also on a related note: significant oil reserves found near the Iraqi border

https://trillionenergy.com/2020/07/...derecik-zagros-basin-oil-property-evaluation/

This one is extremely interesting. But area mostly seem out of our borders.

By the way I saw this passage in their website:

Trillion Energy is a Canadian based natural gas and oil producer focused on international market with oil and gas assets in Turkey and Bulgaria. The Company is a 49% owner of the SASB natural gas field, one of the Black Sea’s first and largest natural gas development projects, which has had USD $608 million invested to date and produced 41 Billion Cubic Feet (BCF) of natural gas. Gas produced at SASB is sold at favorable prices of between US $6/MCF and US $7.60/MCF – a substantial premium to European and North American markets.

Let's say they produced it in 10 years, so it is 4 billion cubic feet per year. Still it's %10 of our gas consumption. But in news, they state that we are importing almost %98 of our needs. So what about this? Am I missing something here? We don't use this one because of gas buying agreements with Russia, Iran etc?

Also their shares in Frankfurt stock exchange rised %42 after Erdoğan's speech.

I think something huge will arise from here.

Let's say they produced it in 10 years, so it is 4 billion cubic feet per year. Still it's %10 of our gas consumption. But in news, they state that we are importing almost %98 of our needs. So what about this? Am I missing something here? We don't use this one because of gas buying agreements with Russia, Iran etc?

Turkey's consumption is around 50 billion cubic meters, not feet.

A lower reserve was announced than I expected. The show can be found and searched by an important discovery in terms of increasing the domestic engineering experience, but will not help very much to the future vision of Turkey's economy.

GAS HYDRATE

The Black Sea is considered rich in terms of gas hydrates .... do you know what about gas hydrate ?
one unit hydrate gas is equivalent to 164 units natural gas

Now the natural gas detected in the Black Sea will be reached, then down to the hydrate gas layer .. that means to provide Turkiye's hundreds of years of natural gas by rich gas hydrate reserves

Turkiye has technology to reach the gas-hydrate fields under the sea ... but now there is no country other than the US, Russia and Japan that has the technology for hydrate-gas extraction

Investigation of gas hydrate potential of the Black Sea
1-s2.0-S1875510015303395-gr6.jpg

Last edited:
In which depth? How much will the drilling cost? Do you have the money?

The gas was found at 1400 meters meaning that the waters are shallow and also means that its easy to extract, There are two more identical layers deeper down at the same well with the same thickness and with the same geological formation which means the amount of reserve might at least double in the following months.

This was also the 9th drilling(we were pretty lucky) and also shows that we found a huge field as the first well reserve is comparable to a mid sized gas field.

Last edited:

Lol, yes we have the money, don't worry about us. One way or another the gas will be in the pipes in some couple of years.

Gas deal with Russia has ended some years ago, thanks to Mesut Yılmaz government we paid the gas almost double for 2 decades. Now we started to buy Azerbaijan gas. Russian share dropped to %10 from %50s.

Back
Top Bottom