What's new

Turkey Kicked out Israel from Anatolian Eagle 2009

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Turkey has Kicked out Israel From Anatolian Eagle Airforce exercise!

Members Please discuss the Following News.

Israel: Turkey calls off joint air force drill
By AMY TEIBEL (AP) – 2 hours ago

JERUSALEM — Turkey has canceled an annual multinational air force drill including the U.S. and NATO because it opposed Israeli participation, the Israeli military said Sunday, in a sign of further deterioration in relations between the two countries.

Turkey, a secular country ruled by an Islamic-oriented party, had long been Israel's closest ally in the Muslim world. But ties have suffered since Israel's winter war against Islamic Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, which killed hundreds of civilians.

A brief statement posted on the Turkish military's Web site said the annual Anatolia Eagle drill would take place Oct. 10-23, but that international participation had been canceled after "international negotiations conducted by the Turkish Foreign Ministry." The statement did not elaborate.

Turkish military officials were not available for comment, and a government spokesman said he had nothing to add to the military's statement.

The Israeli military said in a statement that the drill was delayed indefinitely "because of Turkey's decision to change the list of participating countries, thus excluding Israel."

The exercise was to have been the sixth annual maneuver of its kind. The military said it was also to have included U.S., Italian and NATO forces.

Israeli defense officials said Ankara canceled the drill after the U.S. pulled out over the Turkish decision to exclude Israel. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter with the media.

Deputy Israeli Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon appeared to be trying to keep the heat down, calling Turkey a "very important strategic anchor in the Mideast."

"Certainly its ties with Israel serve the entire region," Ayalon told Israel Radio, adding that "all of us want a tolerant Turkey that is part of Western civilization, and certainly an antithesis to the Iranian model."

An Israeli political scientist, Amikam Nachmani, called the Turkish decision "a warning bell" and said it was notable because Turkey had never before disturbed its military ties with Israel, though it has criticized the country.

Israel and Turkey have wide-ranging military, economic and strategic ties, and last year Ankara hosted months of indirect talks between Israel and Syria after an eight-year breakdown.

But tensions soared after Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan stormed out of a high-profile conference where he confronted Israel's president over steep Palestinian civilian casualties in Gaza.

Palestinian officials and human rights groups say more than 900 civilians died in the offensive, which was launched to halt years of rocket fire from Gaza on southern Israel.

Israel disputes that number but has provided no evidence to back up its claim.

A recent U.N. report accused Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers of war crimes — an allegation both sides deny.

Turkish-Israeli ties have been tested in the past by earlier attacks on Palestinians but strong security interests helped to mend fences.

Turkey and Israel grew close in the mid-1990s, their alliance based on mutual fears of Iran and Syria. Israel has supplied hundreds of millions of dollars of military hardware to Turkey over the years, the two countries conduct joint naval exercises and the Israeli air force trains over Turkish airspace.

But since Erdogan's government came to power in 2003, Turkey's ties with Israel have cooled. Turkey believes that the militant Hamas must play a key role in the Palestinian territories.

Long Live Turkey !!!!:smitten::smitten:

Regards:

So emo aapa , are you feeling better after this?

I really had a BIG smile on my face...i Love Turks

yes Chotu i m happy...

First Turk PM banged Israeli president on world economic forum & they also at least raised 'voice' against Israeli aggression unlike other countries like Egypt & now this...

Go turkey Go :smitten: :smitten:

I find it difficult to swallow that Israel was excluded simply because of their conduct in Ghaza. There are other issues here, for sure, but the reason provided is this. Turkey would never wish to sabotage good relations with the US over something so "minor" as an aerial exercise. Also, as far as exercises go, the Israeli Defence Air Force and the USAF can offer considerable levels of quality of training, something with TuAF would value dearly.

No doubt recently Turk-Israeli ties have cooled down a little, but I do not believe this will be sustained. I am happy that the present Turkish government is playing its role as a secular, but Muslim majority, party. The people of Turkey voted for them for such reasons, they wanted a party that represented who they were as a people. However, I don't understand the cause for so much celebration here. One aerial exercise,or lack thereof, will not hurt or hinder Israel in any way.

One thing to consider is turkey shares a border with iran, and israel was itching to bomb them, well just thinking.......

wow this is something incredible cracks forming in the US's alliances, turkey reportedly had good relations with Israel, turkey was the second nation to recognize Israel in 1949.

One thing to consider is turkey shares a border with iran, and israel was itching to bomb them, well just thinking.......

Turkey has excellent relations with Iran and would never let Israel use thier territory to attack Iran.

Two countries one Nation.

(Pakistan and Turkey)

Am sure they will invite PAF in Anatolian Eagle.:confused:

A good move but i would be more satisfied if:

Turkey kicks the israeli air force out of turkey.Israel uses turkish air space for practicing maneuvers and missions as they have a small air space of there own.

Turkey stops the supply of water to them.IIRC they have a contract to supply water to israel till 2024.

But i guess this may not happen for various reasons.

Asad,

The airspace used is during the AE exercises in Konya by the Israelis. The Turks have effectively done what you are stating.

I am not sure as to what the reason has been though.

Some of the guys on this forum think too much about Islamic brotherhood, there is no such thing.
Some members get too excited by what happens in turkey, I wonder why ?
Every country is interested in its own interests.
some people want to live in cuckooland. Come out of that and live in the real world.

What Turkey did is good but it would have been great Pakistani pilots exercising with the Israeli. That will give good insight of the Israeli training

Some of the guys on this forum think too much about Islamic brotherhood, there is no such thing.
Some members get too excited by what happens in turkey, I wonder why ?
Every country is interested in its own interests.
some people want to live in cuckooland. Come out of that and live in the real world.

All of the Guys who know about the PROPHET MUHAMMAD PBUH's Teachings about Muslims & their Nations Do get excited , because wether its turky , iran , KSA , uae , somalia , or whatever country in the Islamic belt ( OIC) are basicaly ONE . Our religion Binds us together!!
And Godwilling i will see them Unite and forming world's largest alliance Inshallah.

I smell jelousy from your comments , but it does'nt matter , your voice is no IMPORTAT...:bunny:

All of the Guys who know about the PROPHET MUHAMMAD PBUH's Teachings about Muslims & their Nations Do get excited , because wether its turky , iran , KSA , uae , somalia , or whatever country in the Islamic belt ( OIC) are basicaly ONE . Our religion Binds us together!!
And Godwilling i will see them Unite and forming world's largest alliance Inshallah.

I smell jelousy from your comments , but it does'nt matter , your voice is no IMPORTAT...:bunny:

What jealousy are you talking about, India has much better relations with most arab countires than pakistan.
In the real world which of these countries will really help pakistan - hardly 1 / 2 countries.
Pakistan is better of sticking with china.

:coffee:
Is that why Turkey wants to join the EU.
and the Saudi Arabia and UAE has better relations with U.S then then they do with with PAK

Also Isn't Somalia where all the pirates have propped up, Ad their goverment is more concerned about Establishing a stable country them forming an Islamic Union. On that note does Pakistan even have a diplomatic Mission to Somalia.

As a muslim I must disagree with your comments. Islam is a deeply divided religion and the sooner that muslims internationally start accepting that as a fact then the sooner the rift maybe healed and the sooner we will all stop being classified as either Taliban or Al Qaeeda extremists supporters. Politically the divide amongst islamic nations are deeper than the common bond of islam. As for Turkey removing the Israelis from the event, you can be sure that in a few weeks it will be disclosed that it was done for some reason relating to an economic dispute between Turkey and Israel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom