What's new

Turkey’s S-400 vs F-35 dilemma in 2019

F-35 vs S-400; If Turkey had to choose one, which one should it choose?

• F-35

• S-400

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
2019 is a big year for Turkey in terms of defence. Among other things, two important purchases are set to arrive by the end of this year; the first two F-35 jets and the first S-400 battery.

It is becoming very likely that the US will try to restrict Turkey’s role in the F-35 program if it chooses to proceed with the purchase of the S-400 air defence system.

If it comes down to it, and Turkey absolutely had to choose one, which one of the two should Turkey choose?

S400
I think, USA is an untrustable ally for every friend country, never and ever.
if you'll pardon the expression, it is a kind of mtfkr state in the earth surface.

Last edited:
This means every weapon we buy from usa can end with threat, we should think before we buy. Imagine in the mediterrenean sea something big happens, if you don't do this we will not give you this or that. We should be ready to say goodby to f35. Then we should focs our tme and money to TFX.

well for short term goals... f35... logically s400 seems better to me....
US may decide to stop supplying you because they don't like the decisions you're making.... moscow could care less and will sell you the missiles for top dollar... win win for both party

Now S-400, tomorrow something else. Usa always will to try to dictate their will upon us. If we don't get S-400 even there is no guarentee of getting F-35s for some another reason. So my humble opinion is, FVCK OFF USA.
Look at the ongoing trade war btw USA and China. USA is afraid of the rising tiger from East and its conglomerates getting stronger and stronger. First USA went after ZTE, now they’re after Huawei. Europe is closely following in USA steps and banning Huawei from 5G projects in their countries.

Funny thing is no country have a single bulletproof evidence against the allegations they’re making against Huawei.

It’s just a game the West must win to be on top

Look at the ongoing trade war btw USA and China. USA is afraid of the rising tiger from East and its conglomerates getting stronger and stronger. First USA went after ZTE, now they’re after Huawei. Europe is closely following in USA steps and banning Huawei from 5G projects in their countries.

Funny thing is no country have a single bulletproof evidence against the allegations they’re making against Huawei.

I wouldn't trust China neither mate, no offense if you are a false flagger. Anyway, we just try to fill an urgent gap untill domestic air defence systems will be ready. S-400 purchase's main reason is that.

S-400 all the way, i think Pakistan also needs S-400, But i think Pakistan is not interested or can not afford S-400.

2019 is a big year for Turkey in terms of defence. Among other things, two important purchases are set to arrive by the end of this year; the first two F-35 jets and the first S-400 battery.

It is becoming very likely that the US will try to restrict Turkey’s role in the F-35 program if it chooses to proceed with the purchase of the S-400 air defence system.

If it comes down to it, and Turkey absolutely had to choose one, which one of the two should Turkey choose?

Nice thread bro. Worth to discuss. Thanks...

Don't trust in China nor HUAWAI. Their is a rumor that Huawei use a spyware on there mobile phones. Do you have any idea how many "students" we are sending back to China because of spying in our universities. Okay, maybe USA is not trustworthy but China is neither.

Answer of question is of cause S400.

Turkey will choose whatever is the best for her...

And, by default, it'll turn out to be the best for Pak too...

Looks like the US defense stuffs are like that proverbial carrot hanging in front of the donkey that can never reach it...

Shame on the US policy makers!!! What a fall from the grace....

Super Power also means super sense of grace and honor...

th

Last edited:
Turkey has spent a lot of money on both systems already, 2 billion already on S400 I believe, and also on the development of the F35 program. However, even if we get all 100 planned F35's in the future there no telling if the US will put an embargo on spare parts, or replacements. This poses a huge problem. The US would effectively hold our most advanced aircraft fleet and airforce hostage. Just Iran's fleet of F4's, AH-1's, etc our fleet would slowly degrade without replacement parts. In the event of a sustained war against an adversary, this would be disastrous for us.

Not to mention the huge cost with F35, both maintenance, and procurement. S400 is cheaper in this regard.

For this reason, I think we will choose S400 over F35, politicians have already hinted at this anyways......

Don't trust in China nor HUAWAI. Their is a rumor that Huawei use a spyware on there mobile phones. Do you have any idea how many "students" we are sending back to China because of spying in our universities. Okay, maybe USA is not trustworthy but China is neither.

Answer of question is of cause S400.
Already western civilization inherited most inventions from Chinese. There is nothing wrong, i think. They invested students abroad to study and now they harvest it. They go back to serve their own country.

Back
Top Bottom