What's new

Turkish Cyprus might be annexed to Turkey, minister says

Deno

Reaction score
Turkish Cyprus could be annexed to Turkey if ongoing talks between Turkish and Greek Cypriots for reunification fail to produce a solution, Turkey's minister for European Union Affairs has said.
Egemen Bağış, in remarks published in Turkish Cypriot newspaper Kıbrıs, said all options are on table regarding the fate of Cyprus, private news stations NTV reported on Sunday. “Reunification under a deal that [Turkish and Greek Cypriot] leaders could reach, creation of two independent states after an agreement between the two leaders if they are unable to reach a deal for reunification, or annexation of the [Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus] KKTC to Turkey. These are all options on the table,” Bağış said.

Turkish Cypriot leader Derviş Eroğlu and Greek Cypriot leader Dimitris Christofias have been holding talks to reunite the island, but the two sides are unable to report any significant progress from the negotiations, under way since 2008.

Bağış said the Turkish government would support any formula that Eroğlu and Christofias would be able sell to their respective communities. “This includes reunification or failure of reunification; the important thing is that the two leaders manage to get sufficient public support. We, as Turkey, are concerned about only one thing, which is political equality on the island,” Bağış said.

NTV reported that Bağış's remarks have already elicited protests from the KKTC opposition. Main opposition Republican Turkish Party (CTP) leader Özkan Yorgancıoğlu condemned the EU Affairs minister's remarks, saying the idea of annexing the KKTC to Turkey is unacceptable.

Cyprus' division affects Turkey's own membership bid at the EU as well, given that Greek Cyprus -- internationally recognized as representing the entire island -- has been blocking progress in the already stalled Turkish membership process since it joined the bloc as a full member in 2004. Turkey has already declared that it will suspend dialogue with the EU presidency when Greek Cyprus takes over the rotating term presidency of the 27-nation bloc in July.

Source:Turkish Cyprus might be annexed to Turkey, minister says

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:chilli::chilli::chilli:It would be awesome if that happened but its propably that our minister just found the joy of trolling.:chilli::chilli::chilli:

u_mad_bro__by_666umadbro-d4c2nbk.jpg

it's probably only talk. if it was to reunificate with Turkey we would have done it right after the Cyprus operation!

it's probably only talk. if it was to reunificate with Turkey we would have done it right after the Cyprus operation!

Propably, like I said this is a new height for trolling..... Trolling on international area :D

So what is the real point of this? As for northern Cyprus might as well annex it, forget Cyprus reunification with Greek-controlled Cyprus, no point in that considering Turkish Cypriots would be marginalized once again in Cyprus.

PS Stop using that hideous troll face on threads like this

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Propably, like I said this is a new height for trolling..... Trolling on international area :D

Wow you're pretty late you haven't seen what Iran has done with toy drones? That was done to the US your Tr Cyprus leader is doing it to bankrupt Greece... Cheers

So what is the real point of this? As for northern Cyprus might as well annex it, forget Cyprus reunification with Greek-controlled Cyprus, no point in that considering Turkish Cypriots would be marginalized once again in Cyprus.

PS Stop using that hideous troll face on threads like this

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Wow you're pretty late you haven't seen what Iran has done with toy drones? That was done to the US your Tr Cyprus leader is doing it to bankrupt Greece... Cheers

Turkey is not Iran so we are new at trolling :D It is a big step for us Turkey to troll on international area. I won't expect us to start trolling against US anytie soon. You should consider that Iran is trolling since 1979... They have 30 years of experince in trolling but we will catch upto them :D

Turkey is not Iran so we are new at trolling :D It is a big step for us Turkey to troll on international area. I won't expect us to start trolling against US anytie soon. You should consider that Iran is trolling since 1979... They have 30 years of experince in trolling but we will catch upto them :D

well a servant wouldn't trolling against his lord .....

hahaha funny iran they are all talk no action , threats to israel , i will close hurmuz lol who are you to close it ? who are you with your 1920 ships it will get sunk in 1 second

I know... we are zionist slaves but I promise that I will shout ''we will wipe the zionist regime of this map'' everywhere like a lunatic :)

lol , and your Lords shouting :" We will vanish Iran's nuclear program " in past 10 years ...
please when you discussing about your country's dream , don't involved Iran into it .... I really haven't time to west by response some nonsense like this post...

Turkey is not Iran so we are new at trolling It is a big step for us Turkey to troll on international area. I won't expect us to start trolling against US anytie soon. You should consider that Iran is trolling since 1979... They have 30 years of experince in trolling but we will catch upto them
hahaha funny iran they are all talk no action , threats to israel , i will close hurmuz lol who are you to close it ? who are you with your 1920 ships it will get sunk in 1 second

when you take down P.K.K , come and satirize Iran ....

lol , and your Lords shouting :" We will vanish Iran's nuclear program " in past 10 years ...

Atleast our *add troll face* ''zionist masters'' *add troll face* has decent military to back up their lunatic claims unlike Irans constant shouts about *add troll face* ''wiping bla bla zionist bla bla map'' *add troll face*...

I guess we should change our *add troll face* ''zionist masters'' *add troll face* with Persian ones for
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
better trolling lessons

lol pkk is down now i hear no voice? i dnt understand why we helped these with brazil at the time we should of joined the sanction let them starve , lol israel is still on the map , all talk nothing their starving now slowly the sanctions are working hahahahah little fishes

lol pkk is down now i hear no voice? i dnt understand why we helped these with brazil at the time we should of joined the sanction let them starve , lol israel is still on the map , all talk nothing their starving now slowly the sanctions are working hahahahah little fishes

There is a difference between Iranian goverment and Iranian people.... why are you o happy about the though of starving Iranian people? Don't worry Iran has enough money and food enough for people...

Lets keep the trolling and arguments on political issiues please not about necessities of common people

Could this be reactions to Israel "trying" to establish a base in Cyprus? Or the recent Natural Gas findings in the Med. Sea?
Although it might be a better option to have a referendum in Turkish Cyprus, might hold some sort of weight since it was the West that forced S. Sudan into having a referendum on separation.

btw A1Kaid, your profile pic speaks differently from your flags.

Thəorətic Muslim;2663038 said:
Could this be reactions to Israel "trying" to establish a base in Cyprus? Or the recent Natural Gas findings in the Med. Sea?
Although it might be a better option to have a referendum in Turkish Cyprus, might hold some sort of weight since it was the West that forced S. Sudan into having a referendum on separation.

How so? Care to elaborate?

Thəorətic Muslim;2663038 said:

it is more so aimed at the EU and Greek Cyprus having the term presidency.

it is just trolling by Egemen Bagis.

Back
Top Bottom