What's new

TURKISH F-5'S ARE BEING PHASED OUT

Axa-

Reaction score
Hava Kuvvetleri'nde bir devir kapanyor - Hrriyet GNDEM

2103%20ANKARA%2013.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

They were planning to modernize them but now theyre being phased out, anyways the Stars could switch to the F-16s instead that would be more awsome dont you think?

After F-5/2000 is phased out does not have Light Attack/Fighter Aircraft anymore ! I'm curious if they search for a replacement for the Lifght Attach/Fighter Role ?

Guys, guys, calm the phuck down, nothing's happening. We were using F5s for training purposes since they got retired from operational service. We are still keeping our T38 Talon fleet which is essentially the same sh.t :)

From what i understand TurAF F5s' airframes got compromised solely because of metal fatigue. We have more than enough T38s to compensate for this and I don't think much is different between the two except for the name :)

Is there any chance of Turkey buying Eurofighter typoon or rafael?
No, I've explained this at least a dozen times in this section. EF doesn't bring any new capabilities to the force so introducing it can only be a waste of resources. F16 will be the first and last 4th generation fighter TurAF ever had. It's called standardization.

This isn't Saudi Arabia, we have specialized ground crews and supply lines of spare parts to maintain each type of aircraft we operate. Introduction of a new 4th gen. aircraft in 2010s would be the last thing TurAF would do :D I wish luck to other nations that wants to do so but we'll stick with our F16 and F35 fleets.

No, I've explained this at least a dozen times in this section. EF doesn't bring any new capabilities to the force so introducing it can only be a waste of resources. F16 will be the first and last 4th generation fighter TurAF ever had. It's called standardization.

This isn't Saudi Arabia, we have specialized ground crews and supply lines of spare parts to maintain each type of aircraft we operate. Introduction of a new 4th gen. aircraft in 2010s would be the last thing TurAF would do :D I wish luck to other nations that wants to do so but we'll stick with our F16 and F35 fleets.
exactly.
repeat after me: "standardization standardization standardization" :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom