What's new

Turkish hackers deface Pakistani Google Webpage

They might very well be Turkish. Internet is full of these "script kiddies". I administer servers for a living and god knows how many times my public servers come under attack (sometimes several hundered/day). From the looks of it, seems like buch of kids trying to make a name for themselves. I wouldn't look for any kind of political motivation under it.

That being said, I am kind of impressed they were able deface an official google website. Most probably they didn't hack the google servers but some kind of DNS poisoning attack.

Thanks for the update got some info on them already now got their Email & website too. Hack team Goes by the name eboz
TurkHackTeam - Hack & Güvenlik & Bilgisayar Bilgi Platformu

i suspect google pk was a vulnerable target, compared to other gogle sites, maybe??

They might very well be Turkish. Internet is full of these "script kiddies". I administer servers for a living and god knows how many times my public servers come under attack (sometimes several hundered/day). From the looks of it, seems like buch of kids trying to make a name for themselves. I wouldn't look for any kind of political motivation under it.

That being said, I am kind of impressed they were able deface an official google website. Most probably they didn't hack the google servers but some kind of DNS poisoning attack.

Pakistanis hacked google morocco once.

Is there any issue between Turkey and Pakistan?

defacing google official page is not an easy task, Anyway although majority of people here think it's a stupid play but IMO cyber-wars is the new dimension of near future warfare. Pak govt. must identify competent persons and must prepare cyber army to counter threats and secure it's cyber-space.

From what I know Google is very hard to hack; and I guess they have hacked the domain host for 'www.google.com.pk' which is a local domain hosted within Pakistan, they may have managed to change the name servers and show you that black page!

From what I know Google is very hard to hack; and I guess they have hacked the domain host for 'www.google.com.pk' which is a local domain hosted within Pakistan, they may have managed to change the name servers and show you that black page!
.pk dns rests on servers physically within Pakistan, hence the poisoning!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom