What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

So

İtaly cant enter mgcs project they even enter fcas project with germans, they enter to co-op with british's on tempest, Also Brits cant co-op any field with Franco-Germans. So we have a good realtions with brits and italians. Why not we make a co-operation for new type gun and engine-transmission for our future altay tanks ? Maybe we cant make a joint tank due export issiues but we can make a research and development co-operation.

To be honest - do you think they would consider helping turkey building a tank which would be powerful enough, to counter their newborn concept, as a European Country regarding Italy or a European ally like the UK?
Maybe Italy would do that as they did with the T129 - but I think Italy could get into trouble for such cooperation with Turkey because the Europeans are talking about forming something like a "European Army" and helping Turkey as something considered as an arc enemy would be contra-productive for them or their strike power.

Think about Rheinmetall or Austria's decisions to not help to develop the Altay - only because of Turkey freeing northern Syria from terror cells or in other words fighting their puppets.

And a tank is something different than a copter - Germany and France would pressure Italy out of any coop.

Last edited:
To be honest - do you think they would consider helping turkey building a tank which would be powerful enough, to counter their newborn concept, as a European Country regarding Italy or a European ally like the UK?
Maybe Italy would do that as they did with the T129 - but I think Italy could get into trouble for such cooperation with Turkey because the Europeans are talking about forming something like a "European Army" and helping Turkey as something considered as an arc enemy would be contra-productive for them or their strike power.

Think about Rheinmetall or Austria's decisions to not help to develop the Altay - only because of Turkey freeing northern Syria from terror cells or in other words fighting their puppets.

And a tank is something different than a copter - Germany and France would pressure Italy out of any coop.

That's not about only helping turkey. Thats the matter of budget and infanstructure. İf britishs and italians capable to make a 1500 hp class engine alone they would do it before. They must be make a co-operation also turkey is the good on armor and fire control systems and active/passive sensor . All of country have his unique abilities. Maybe we cant make a joint tank but we can make a joint parts of diffrent local tanks of Turkey, britain and italy.

That's not about only helping turkey. Thats the matter of budget and infanstructure. İf britishs and italians capable to make a 1500 hp class engine alone they would do it before. They must be make a co-operation also turkey is the good on armor and fire control systems and active/passive sensor . All of country have his unique abilities. Maybe we cant make a joint tank but we can make a joint parts of diffrent local tanks of Turkey, britain and italy.
what if you try to sell it to us, and there is EU embargo on us and itmight happen to any other state. what i mean is, its better to do it alone when you are able to

what if you try to sell it to us, and there is EU embargo on us and itmight happen to any other state. what i mean is, its better to do it alone when you are able to
A solution offered by me all member nations on project is free to produce engine, gun with tech transfer and licence rights and infanstructure.

Your point is valid regarding that every country perform in different sections better and has shareable knowhow -
but regardless there could be problems in term of export and operation area

Your point is valid regarding that every country perform in different sections better and has shareable knowhow -
but regardless there could be problems in term of export and operation area

I dont think so man, if tech transfer and production capability gained in the end of a project after that that are not problem .

When are we going to see next gen IFV? It's been in program for the past 10 decades..

When are we going to see next gen IFV? It's been in program for the past 10 decades..

Past 10 decades?

Large_group_of_members_of_the_Turkish_Cavalry_posed_on_horseback.jpg

Past 10 decades?

Large_group_of_members_of_the_Turkish_Cavalry_posed_on_horseback.jpg
Hahaha, for it's time, those horses were probably up-to-date compared to now where thousands of 60's APC needs to be replaced and Altay which is a total disaster and probably lacking in tech by the time it's ready to mobilize in conventional warfare needs to be complemented by a good size of IFV which is non-existant in Turkish land forces inventory. Which both of them have programs leading back to the 90's if I'm not mistaken, but I failed to see how we have the budget to mass produce them..

Hahaha, for it's time, those horses were probably up-to-date compared to now where thousands of 60's APC needs to be replaced and Altay which is a total disaster and probably lacking in tech by the time it's ready to mobilize in conventional warfare needs to be complemented by a good size of IFV which is non-existant in Turkish land forces inventory. Which both of them have programs leading back to the 90's if I'm not mistaken, but I failed to see how we have the budget to mass produce them..

If I'm not wrong turkey will get some kind of IFV in the next years - another question is, why we don't fill the gap in our inventory with the medium tank we developed with Indonesia?

If I'm not wrong turkey will get some kind of IFV in the next years - another question is, why we don't fill the gap in our inventory with the medium tank we developed with Indonesia?
I dont think the Turkish land forces want a 105mm gun and weak armor. The militias we are against is in mountainous areas where IFV’s are much better suited and in the desert you want a 60ton MBT.

I dont think the Turkish land forces want a 105mm gun and weak armor. The militias we are against is in mountainous areas where IFV’s are much better suited and in the desert you want a 60ton MBT.

We need both. Remember, it's not only PKK that is a threat to us. Our southern and western borders are suitable for tank warfare.

there isn't just desert around turkey - first.
second - turkey needs some kind of a light tank to defend its land within its borders.
third - what about:
Kaplan 20, Kaplan 30 NG-AFV, Tulpar IFV ? Got these projects canceled?

Back
Top Bottom