What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Logistics, space vs 12.7mm.
The current gun caliber trend in this type turrets is 30 mm and above. In fact, even 25 mm is insufficient. In the Syrian civil war, the minimum caliber required to prevent attacks by ISIS militants with armored VBIED was 30 mm.

The current gun caliber trend in this type turrets is 30 mm and above. In fact, even 25 mm is insufficient. In the Syrian civil war, the minimum caliber required to prevent attacks by ISIS militants with armored VBIED was 30 mm.
It seems a smaller caliber. 20mm for me.

Are there any videos of Turkish IFVs in action? Like in action in Syria for example.

It seems a smaller caliber. 20mm for me.

If I'm not mistaken, that turret is the turret in this brochure. And on the brochure it says 25 mm or 30 mm guns are used.

Are there any videos of Turkish IFVs in action? Like in action in Syria for example.
I couldn't find any active combat footage of this autonomous turret. It may be because it is a relatively new product. But Kazakhstan has ordered vehicles on which this turret is mounted. I am giving the video link.

If I'm not mistaken, that turret is the turret in this brochure. And on the brochure it says 25 mm or 30 mm guns are used.

I couldn't find any active combat footage of this autonomous turret. It may be because it is a relatively new product. But Kazakhstan has ordered vehicles on which this turret is mounted. I am giving the video link.

It looks very beautiful.

What is the gun? 20mm ?

The solution, created by the cooperation of the two Turkish companies, brings together Nurol Makina's EJDER YALÇIN 4×4 vehicle and UNIROBOTICS TRAKON 30 mm gun

1664178733786.png

What is the gun? 20mm ?
Dear @BON PLAN; Why is it "Is this 20mm?" every time you see an automatic cannon in Turkish armored vehicles. you ask? In the past, these were common in us, they were considered sufficient. When we encountered ISIS in Syria, it turned out that 20 mm automatic cannons were useless. Just as our tanks and the way we use them turn out to be obsolete.

Dear @BON PLAN; Why is it "Is this 20mm?" every time you see an automatic cannon in Turkish armored vehicles. you ask? In the past, these were common in us, they were considered sufficient. When we encountered ISIS in Syria, it turned out that 20 mm automatic cannons were useless. Just as our tanks and the way we use them turn out to be obsolete.
It seemed indeed a big gun for a 20mm, but a 30mm on a so light truck is quite unusual.
Is there a coaxial 7.62mm ?

The solution, created by the cooperation of the two Turkish companies, brings together Nurol Makina's EJDER YALÇIN 4×4 vehicle and UNIROBOTICS TRAKON 30 mm gun

View attachment 882611
Pretty good light truck.

It seemed indeed a big gun for a 20mm, but a 30mm on a so light truck is quite unusual.
Is there a coaxial 7.62mm ?
Yes is there. 12.7 mm or 7.62

And yes again, carrying a 30mm automatic cannon is unusual. However, we are in "unusual times" already. Look, in Ukraine, $100,000 Javelins or NLAW's have turned into ordinary soldier guns! Therefore, the presence of 30 mm automatic cannon in relatively small armored vehicles should be considered natural. War concepts are evolving in a way that platforms get smaller but the weapons they carry get bigger and smarter.

The fact that similar approaches(30x103) are gaining weight in different countries shows that the importance of 4x4 tactical wheeled vehicles as armed combat vehicles will increase in the coming years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom