What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

IMG_20200603_212801.jpg

What is the maximum altitude of ESSM against aircrafts? İ couldnt find any info. However the HAWK SAM which has 50km range can intercepts app 20-23km altitude. If ESSM is identical to HAWKs, they should be used in Ada classes which already have Smart-S radars.

Edit: i've responded my question.
IMG_20200603_223551.jpg

At 28km range, interception of 11.000meter altitude is better than point defence RAM. Ada-class corvettes need ESSMs.

Last edited:
İkinci Meltem-3 (P-72) Deniz Karakol uçağımızda Tusaş tesislerinde. Önde TCB 751 yanında da TCB 752 var. Uçakların teslimatı çok yakında başlayacak.
Translated from Turkish by
Second Meltem-3 (P-72) Deniz Karakol is at our Tusaş facilities. In the front, there are TCB 751 besides TCB 751. Delivery of the planes will begin very soon.
EZqlytNX0AEBqP2.jpeg
EZqlytNX0AEBqP2.jpeg
EZql2IiXsAIjMuw.jpeg

I know this has probably been asked before, but I'll stir the pot again :)

Seeing as Hurjet is a much more compact jet then the MMU, how feasible would it be to modify it for naval duty on board the Anadolu?

Also what would need to change for it to gain the capability?

Seeing as Hurjet is a much more compact jet then the MMU, how feasible would it be to modify it for naval duty on board the Anadolu?

I think you're suggesting a STOBAR version of Hurjet.

However, TCG Anadolu is not a suitable ship for this job. It is necessary to design a completely different platform.

The issue is not only technically capable of landing on board. Continuous sortie capacity of the ship is the main problem. If the goal is to carry only 2 or 3 fixed wing, this is not feasible either. In terms of both operational capability(which navy want) and the development of platforms.

It would probably depend on take off and landing capability.

This project will be a huge failure with its budget. Turkish Aerospace will deal with all the problems but the necessary budget may be built a new Atatürk Dam.

In the best scenario, we will build 50 naval Hürjet for TCG Anadolu and TCG Trakya. Most probably each aircraft will cost more than 5 MMU to Navy.

I think you're suggesting a STOBAR version of Hurjet.

However, TCG Anadolu is not a suitable ship for this job. It is necessary to design a completely different platform.

The issue is not only technically capable of landing on board. Continuous sortie capacity of the ship is the main problem. If the goal is to carry only 2 or 3 fixed wing, this is not feasible either. In terms of both operational capability(which navy want) and the development of platforms.
VTOL UCAV might be a better approach for TCG Anadolu. It's obviously doable with prop-based, but jet might be a different ballgame. Still, a UCAV of that nature would have much more utility than naval ops, the TuAF can use it as well.

Back
Top Bottom