What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Nobody wanted to buy unfinished ships which have been many project changes in equiping process. And , here it is...
EZ_fbSAWoAAROPc
Is there any chance if STINGER could intercept anti-ship missiles?

Turkiye spent over $60 billion for humanitarian aid to muslim countries in the last 8 years

to build Aircraft Carrier = $4 billion
to buy 40 Fighter Jets = max $4 billion

and Turkiye doesnt need to develop carrier-based Fighter Jet
Turkiye can buy Fighter Jets for indigenous Aircraft Carrier
so Turkiye urgently needs Aircraft Carrier for Libya and Eastern Mediterranean

How many support ships and subs needs a Carrier? What about maintain, spareparts, training, weapons, personal costs...?

We can look at how many year it has taken to built TCG Anadolu with Navantia'a assistance and their design.
The project had some drawbacks our engineers were not trained in design, but rather in production and detail design (partially). So we have a major lack of trained personnel to design an AC. Moreover, we can still look out for assistance but AC is not expertise of Navantia (one of the possible partner).
For a real AC with stobar/catobar we can not presume to commission it before 2035 even 2040.
When people were claiming tcg anadolu would be in service in 2020 i clearly told it is not possible before 2022.
Same applies for an AC; people may think we will acquire it by 2030, it is not possible. Milden, TF-2000 is our priority not an AC.
For an AC you need a design which will take roughly 5-7 years (or 2-3 years with a partner), at least 6-7 years of production, tests will take 3 -4 years excluding training of personnel, pilot, aircraft, ship's crew.
From president's speech he has told it in a way of 'negotiations are going on for an AC' which may indicate it is a second hand ship.
As a last option, i told this before, we may expect a larger TCG Anadolu with pure AC configuration capable of handling particular aircrafts and it doesnt have priority beyond TF-2000 and I-Class.

And Japan/Italy or other LHD owners are preparing to convert their ships to handle F-35B.
US does not necessarily need LHDs and F-35B for amphibious aeiral campaigns, as much as above mentioned countries, USN has ACs which particularly can handle F-35C/F-18 or unmanned systems.

Why UFUK intelligence ship missing on big radome?

Biggest problem could be miss on sea-skimming capability.

How many support ships and subs needs a Carrier? What about maintain, spareparts, training, weapons, personal costs...?

Aircraft Carrier is for 2030s and in 2030s Turkiye will have more bigger Economy

Turkiye will produce 4 ISTIF class Frigates , 7 TF-2000 class Destroyers , 6 Type-214 class Submarines and Super Tanker ...... also MILDEN class AIP Submarines for 2030s

even We can develop jet engine powered stealth UCAV to be used on Aircraft Carrier in 2030s

so Turkish AC Group Force would be game changer now in Libya but unfortunately Turkish Navy lacks AC Group Force

-- 1 Aircraft Carrier with 40 Fighter Jets
-- 2 TF-2000 class Destroyers
-- 1 ISTIF class Frigate
-- 1 Type-214 class Submarine
-- 1 Super Tanker

I remind you that Turkiye planed to buy 100 F-35A for $10 billion .... also 32 F-35B for Navy
and $35 billion operating cost for the lifespan of 100 F-35s .... total of $45 billion

if Turks want to protect their national interests in the Eastern Mediterranean , Libya , Qatar , Somalia , etc then Turkish Navy needs Aircraft Carrier group Force
and Turkiye can funding AC Group Force in 2030s as economically and technologically

only between 2012 and 2019 Turkiye spent over $60 billion for humanitarian aid to muslim countries

for $60 billion , Turkiye could fund buying/operating cost for even 2 Aircraft Carrier Group Forces for 30 years

what a big fiasco ... to spend $40 billion for 3,5 millions of Syrian Refugees in Turkiye
Turkiye saved Europe from millions of Syrian Refugees , still treacherous Germany and The EU are preparing for sanctions on Turkiye

also ERDOGAN should reduce interest rates to save our money from blood sucker international interest lobby

ERDOGAN lowered interest rates from 24% to 4,9% between 2003 and 2013 ..
so Erdogan saved our 700 billion TL ( $330 billion ) from blood sucker international interest lobby between 2003 and 2013

therefore AK Party Governments could modernize whole Turkiye including military

Last edited:
Aircraft Carrier is for 2030s and in 2030s Turkiye will have more bigger Economy

Turkiye will produce 4 ISTIF class Frigates , 7 TF-2000 class Destroyers , 6 Type-214 class Submarines and Super Tanker ...... also MILDEN class AIP Submarines for 2030s

even We can develop jet engine powered stealth UCAV to be used on Aircraft Carrier in 2030s
also we can arm Aircraft Carrier with indigenous VLS MDAS , HISAR-SIPER SAMs for self-protection

so Turkish AC Group Force would be game changer now in Libya but unfortunately Turkish Navy lacks AC Group Force

-- 1 Aircraft Carrier with 40 Fighter Jets
-- 2 TF-2000 class Destroyers
-- 1 ISTIF class Frigate
-- 1 Type-214 class Submarine
-- 1 Super Tanker

I remind you that Turkiye planed to buy 100 F-35A for $10 billion .... also 32 F-35B for Navy
and $35 billion operating cost for the lifespan of 100 F-35s .... total of $45 billion

if Turks want to protect their national interests in the Eastern Mediterranean , Libya , Qatar , Somalia , etc then Turkish Navy needs Aircraft Carrier group Force
and Turkiye can funding AC Group Force in 2030s as economically and technologically

only between 2012 and 2019 Turkiye spent over $60 billion for humanitarian aid to muslim countries

for $60 billion , Turkiye could fund buying/operating cost for even 2 Aircraft Carrier Group Forces for 30 years

what a big fiasco ... to spend $40 billion for 3,5 millions of Syrian Refugees in Turkiye
Turkiye saved Europe from millions of Syrian Refugees , still treacherous Germany and The EU are preparing for sanctions on Turkiye
NOW WILL BE BEST NAVY IN EU IN 2030, ISN'T Mr:cheesy:

A Wasp class turned into a AC seems to be the only option.
I dont see another choice,do you?
TCG Anadolu is the same, an LHD which can operate stovl jets, affordable and multi-mission platform. yes it is the only logical option for short to mid term planning. If we intend to have AC, it should be planned for long term, not as a toy for election.

A Wasp class turned into a AC seems to be the only option.
I dont see another choice,do you?
Another choice could second hand AC from italy as a training platform. It will be profitable as a training platform and we could have an head start, we wont be alien to such amphibious operations with tcg anadolu and possible F-35Bs in future

Some navies use such AA missiles as a ciws, so probably it can intercept with proper methods wont be effective as ram or phalanx.

Why UFUK intelligence ship missing on big radome?

Biggest problem could be miss on sea-skimming capability.
It has two small to medium sized radomes on sides of main mast, probably because tcg ufuk does not require satellite communications as other systems or system which requires to spy on satellite communications?
Or else i dont know.

"Turkey's first aircraft carrier in 2019. Founded in Çanakkale's Biga began to do in the Red Apple Building Pool.

National facilities made with the ship, which would place Turkey among the few countries with aircraft carriers. Turkey has also reportedly received orders from abroad. "

Interesting

It has two small to medium sized radomes on sides of main mast, probably because tcg ufuk does not require satellite communications as other systems or system which requires to spy on satellite communications?
Or else i dont know.

That was my point.

Sorry for my words, but instead of building a fucked 2nd LHD, or shortening the launchpad for tons of money (that fucks me up the most...why do you take the CATOBAR capability by costly shortening the launch pad - from a warship, which in its original form can also be a light AC,?! wtf ?!), a light AC would have been much better for our needs - since we already have landing vessels and options ... and since we have no other options (our f16 rather unsuitable for AC starts) a config. hürjet would be optimal and would really be a weight in our favor since we can bring a floating air force base to any location and the air force is the backbone of any war. I think KKTC and air force would be one more reason for the West to go to war ...

Other thread, same topic -

Turkey does not need a carrier strike group

Turkey needs a Amphibious ready group which is in the making

Turkey does not need a carrier strike group

Turkey needs a Amphibious ready group which is in the making

I think our military knows what their needs are, not you. Seeing the proceedings in Libya, it is a very much needed asset for Turkey's current foreign policy.

I think our military knows what their needs are, not you. Seeing the proceedings in Libya, it is a very much needed asset for Turkey's current foreign policy.

I think he meant for Mediterranean region. Also I quite agree that in 15-20 years we may need AC, but it all depends on geopolitics.

But it does sound good to be able to park 80 miles from shore and conduct strikes, but that statement in itself is kinda sad.

Then kind give the link where military has requested a aircraft? Or even has any naval chief states where and when they required one

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom