What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

Why we need type 52E when we already have type 055 DDG?
PLA Navy will order BOTH 052E and 055... 052E is the further development of 052 series and 055 is costly compared to this series... and if the same source is to be accounted, "PLAN Aegis destroyer ship procurement may reach 40 units, and mentioned that Type 055 destroyer units in service may reach 12~20 units"... PLA Navy simply wanna achieves its objective in more cost efficient way with such mix... and sound logical!

PLA Navy will order BOTH 052E and 055... 052E is the further development of 052 series and 055 is costly compared to this series... and if the same source is to be accounted, "PLAN Aegis destroyer ship procurement may reach 40 units, and mentioned that Type 055 destroyer units in service may reach 12~20 units"... PLA Navy simply wanna achieves its objective in more cost efficient way with such mix... and sound logical!
What's the full displacement of Type 052E?

New 052D DDG [蓝鲨小队] 喜迎盛会,造船厂抓紧建造战舰!
hot_1.gif

za6ArgB.jpg
GW4f78f.jpg
dD89Brw.jpg

The emblem of the 9th Type 052D, 155 Nanjing, uses the head of a Chinese mythical animal called 睚眦.
Nanjing, 睚眦, it's very revealing...

DMv_mgqUEAAr6XR.jpg

East Pendulum @HenriKenhmann 2017-10-22

It should well remind some party to behave itself... don't play dumb as if no capital sins were conducted in the past. You may deliberately choose to forget, to deny even to whitewash... yet we do remember.

Last edited:
Just to clarify..........from info i have seen from other sites, there are currently 13 052D's that are either in service (6 off), sea trials, being fitted out etc. On top of that there are rumours that modules for a further 2 052D's have been spotted at JN shipyard............and on the topic of 055's, still only 4 in construction, unless of course anyone can provide photographic evidence to prove otherwise........:-)

Just to clarify..........from info i have seen from other sites, there are currently 13 052D's that are either in service (6 off), sea trials, being fitted out etc. On top of that there are rumours that modules for a further 2 052D's have been spotted at JN shipyard............and on the topic of 055's, still only 4 in construction, unless of course anyone can provide photographic evidence to prove otherwise........:-)

#5 055 at JN in queue for berth to be vacated after the launch of #2 by the end of the year or thereabout.

New 052D modules are spotted placed next to 055 #3 and #4 at DL.

Also rumours have it that two companies are joining hands to build nuclear powered surface combatants for the PLAN.:D

Last edited:
Jane's bought a new satellite imagery to analyze the number of LCAC in Jiangnan Shipyard. I may found the module of fifth 055 and fifteenth 052D. I label them on the image. Is it correct?

http://www.janes.com/article/76078/china-building-more-yuyi-class-lcacs

View attachment 440094

It does look like you could be correct, as the modules you highlight do look slightly narrower than those of an 055, suggesting its another 052D. Its interesting to note, that if so, then it would mark a change, as previous 052D's were built in the hallways, for their hull builds. I presume the 055's are built outside as they are too large.
Anyway, the speed at which JN can construct hulls form the module stage to launching a vessel is very impressive indeed.
I just wish we could get more regular shots of JN shipyard, and not just aerial photos, as we used to get images at ground level facing the covered hallways.

Back
Top Bottom