What's new

U.S.- BANGLADESH DEFENSE RELATIONS

Sure. But be careful and access the risks. Excessive reliance on China will be destructive as well. If India perceives it as a threat, considering it surrounds you on three sides, except a long haul of conflicts. India can afford it, as it can restrict the conflict to the surrounding states which would be affected marginally, but can Bangladesh?

Why do you think, India surrounds us from three sides, and why do not you think that the effective BD-india border is only in our west with west Bengal? In times of conflicts, your military presene in the NE will be untenable for India. These troops will be isolated into many pockets in that region, because BD will not allow any supply connections of these isolated troops with the rest of india.

Why do you think, India surrounds us from three sides, and why do not you think that the effective BD-india border is only in our west with west Bengal? In times of conflicts, your military presene in the NE will be untenable for India. These troops will be isolated into many pockets in that region, because BD will not allow any supply connections of these isolated troops with the rest of india.

We are not surrounding on 3 side. That is our country. Yes, We have very strong military presence in NE but that is not for Bangladesh, it is for other obvious reason. Yes, It can be used against BD. But why we will do that ? I don't think that will be needed in any case until BD goes against India.

We have strong presence in Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal. But we never stopped any commercial shipping. We can only use our strong navy in war like scenario.

First and foremost, BD has to neutralize India air superiority. Without that its a loosing war for BD. In land and sea India can do $****. They could try for blockade in bob but again once Chinese are involved in deep sea port they will kick their @ss.

yeah! i agree.... you guys are shark of the vast ocean ...... what can chinese panda do to you!

He is right about the Bay of Bengal. PLAN itself is somewhat limited but it is growing. The PLA has traditionally been a ground force.

For now, other than the USN, the IN rules the Bay of Bengal.

nope. but someone said Bangladesh has no strategic importance. i was replying to that post.......

lol...then why their government root for the Awami League? :cheesy:

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

They could try for blockade in bob but again once Chinese are involved in deep sea port they will kick their @ss.

A blockade is an act of war.

First and foremost, BD has to neutralize India air superiority. Without that its a loosing war for BD. In land and sea India can do $****. They could try for blockade in bob but again once Chinese are involved in deep sea port they will kick their @ss.

It is not going to happen in 100 years.

Air superiority means, you need to have Fighter Jets superior than India for Dogfight or maintain Air-superiority. We will be operating top 4 out of Top 10 Fighter jets of the world by 2020. Even if you spend some 20 Billion $, then also it won't happen. Period !! :coffee:

We will be operating Boeing P-8i Poseidon in next 1 year. Also, we have many warship to destroy Submarines. :tup:

It is world's best Anti-submarine warfare and anti-surface warfare. India will be 2nd country to operate after U.S. that also at same time.

Boeing P-8 Poseidon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

images

:cheers:
Jeez nobody asked you to waste your 5 minutes in this post.. It's so humorous as to how the dumb such as yourself doesn't have anything to say but comments made of sheer jealousy.So you think they should not get subs just because India has Anti Submarine Air Craft..LOL.

why bangladesh wants to have strategic importance?? why is it trying to be a part of indo-china race?? they should better develop themselve peacefully and think about making their country better rather than trying to be a strategically important country!! we all know how strategical location of pakistan proved to be a curse to them.

Jeez nobody asked you to waste your 5 minutes in this post.. It's so humorous as to how the dumb such as yourself doesn't have anything to say but comments made of sheer jealousy.So you think they should not get subs just because India has Anti Submarine Air Craft..LOL.

That guy brags a lot. In turn, Bangladeshis counter him by saying random things. Which results in even more bragging :lol:

Why not ? We have purchased to Kill Submarine. It would be world class and will be operated by US and India. We have not bought for showcase. Billion $ matters. I think, many other people are jealous. :lol:

Why not ? We have purchased to Kill Submarine. It would be world class and will be operated by US and India. We have not bought for showcase. Billion $ matters. I think, many other people are jealous. :lol:
Yeaaaah...right. It made no sense at all. And if you are going to bother commenting on how I'm jealous because of what I just said, think again.

If Bangladesh buys at least 200

F-15 or F-18 or F-35 or Sukhoi 30MKI or Sukhoi 35 or J-20, PAK FA/FGFA or MIG35 or Rafale or typhoon then only it will have some minimum deterrence against IAF.

But Sukhoi 30MKI, 35, Rafale or Typhoon or PAK FA/FGFA are out of question as India will be operating.
F-15,F-18,F-35 are also out of question as US won't sell. Also, Very expensive.

Only option J-20 which is possible only after 2025-2030 atleast with cost of 30 Billion $ that also if China sells. :angel:

He is right about the Bay of Bengal. PLAN itself is somewhat limited but it is growing. The PLA has traditionally been a ground force.

For now, other than the USN, the IN rules the Bay of Bengal.

lol...then why their government root for the Awami League? :cheesy:

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

A blockade is an act of war.

Here is the Chinese Navy

Size 250,000 personnel
1 Aircraft Carrier [1]
26 destroyers
50 frigates
3 SSBN
5~7 SSN
56 SSK
58 amphibious warfare ships
~80 coastal warfare vessels(missile)
27 Large Landing Ships
31 Medium Landing Ships
200+ fast attack craft

I could not find Indian navy size but wiki concludes

Size 78,000 personnel
175+ Ships
275+ aircraft

@ US had been giving huge quantities of military aid to South Asian sub-continent, particularly to Pakistan of which Bangladesh was part until 1971.

It is time Bangladesh stops this fallacious whine. If the US is giving aid to Pakistan, it is doing so because it is essential for the US' national and strategic interests.

The fact that Bangladesh was a part of Pakistan is in no way a quid pro quo that the US should entertain Bangladesh. What is the equation in strategic vision that should prompt US to treat Bangladesh at par with Pakistan, just because Bangladesh was a part of Pakistan sometimes back?

That was Britain should give military aid to India, Pakistan, Bangaldesh, Ceylon, Burma all because these countries were part of the British Empire!!!!!

This faulted logic is what rankles = this hangdog whine!

What a weird and queer justification!

Pure and unmitigated whine!!

Yeaaaah...right. It made no sense at all. And if you are going to bother commenting on how I'm jealous because of what I just said, think again.

If you will say, I will Buy Submarine which will be used against India. then what you expect me to reply sir ? I never said India will attack any country, check all my post. But if anyone will attack us, we will reply very hard which i think is fair enough. I am sure you will agree. :tup:

You are assuming too much. you think chinese navy will be stronger in bay of bengal? have you even seen IN fleet strength? and as far as land goes, you are the who is surrounded by three sides and facing world's third largest Army force excluding all para deployed.. you seriously think you'll stand a chance? apart from that, only manpower doesn't help it needs to be backed with technology i.e billions of worth of weapons.. there's huge gap. You won't have a chance until & unless chinese get involved and fight a full fledged war. but that is next to impossible, they have too much to lose to fight a nuke-armed state. and that too for BD? it's never gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom