What's new

U.S. drone shot down in Pakistan

Well there is no use for it being in Taliban's hands. The Taliban won't even know how to use it. Better give it to Pakistan Military so they can work with China in making copies of the drone so we can kill BLA terrorists in Balochistan Province with it.

Shot down, or went down? I think the drone would have crashed due to technical reasons. Because I don't think that PA has the will to shoot it down.

Well there is no use for it being in Taliban's hands. The Taliban won't even know how to use it. Better give it to Pakistan Military so they can work with China in making copies of the drone so we can kill BLA terrorists in Balochistan Province with it.

i think it will be returned by govt like that chopper was returned

Radical ideologies don't really need "technology". With the kind of sick regime they had in Afghanistan, it was best that they were taken out.
To you they may be big heros but not to the common Afghan.

I don't think so. A poll/survey conducted recently (BBC I think? can't remember) showed that the majority of Afghans still supported the Taliban and not the US or their own gov and that says ALOT.

Also, today most "Taliban" are really just regular Afghans joining the Taliban because they want the US out and their country back to how it was. Don't think that just because the US is portraying them as barbaric they must absolutely have been. You don't (and neither do I frankly) know how the Taliban really ruled like, it was a sort of isolated-ish country anyway, so it's stupid to think they must've "sick".

Also, radical ideology does need technology and support for it to be of any real harm to anyone, otherwise it is just and ideology, and nothing more.

thats a fart
because USSR already "felt" the jihad very well and was forced to leave Afghanistan eventually. it knew who was aiding the Afghans. it did try its luck with terrorism and border incursions but eventually fell on its face.

Well it did also manage to crush it to near extinction in the three wars it fought in Chechnya. A 9/11 like scenario on an important Kremlin building under a USSR government would have been a lot different reaction than sending forces.

talking hypothetically about what USSR coulda woulda soulda have done is pointless. Soviet leadership farted back in the days when American U2 plane was shot down that flew from Badaber Pakistan. then khrushchev farted saying that it will Nuke Pakistan for that but what followed was that the same military power it was so proud of was forced to beg on the streets and its personal even had to sell blood to feed the family.

Contrary to what most of you Pakistanis think and gloat about, USSR's collapse was because of its already weak economy which the government didn't care about due to its immature ego of a superpower.

There's a big difference between wanting to capture and wanting to destroy. So far, none have wanted to destroy, which is why you shouldn't talk like this.

And refrain from using needless words that don't suit the decorum of the forum. Trust me, it gets you nowhere.

I don't think so. A poll/survey conducted recently (BBC I think? can't remember) showed that the majority of Afghans still supported the Taliban and not the US or their own gov and that says ALOT.

Also, today most "Taliban" are really just regular Afghans joining the Taliban because they want the US out and their country back to how it was.

Well no one would want foreign forces in their country even if they just got rid of a local tyrant. That's just perfectly reasonable.

Don't think that just because the US is portraying them as barbaric they must absolutely have been. You don't (and neither do I frankly) know how the Taliban really ruled like, it was a sort of isolated-ish country anyway, so it's stupid to think they must've "sick".

There are enough clippings around the internet to see what kind of "ruling" they did.

-Their inhuman treatment of women

-Their savage attacks on shiites that even caused Iran to amass troops to attack Taliban (before Bush gatecrashed)

-Their support of terrorists who hijacked IC 814 and took it to Qandahar.

-Their 7th century Arabian shallow mentality

-The destruction of Bamyan Buddha statues as well as their Nazi-like treatment towards Afghan Hindus and Sikhs (Buddhists have become extinct there) making them wear yellow arm bands to distinguish them and terrorize them.

I think that this is one thing that US, us and Russia all three are on same page. US only realized their blunder after 9/11 happened while we knew it all along about the kind of beast that Washington was nurturing. We (us and Russians) had warned them not to do this but at least now they got it in their heads the hard way.

Also, radical ideology does need technology and support for it to be of any real harm to anyone, otherwise it is just and ideology, and nothing more.

I heard AKs are made indigenously in a brand called Khyber brand and RPGs in the NWFP region. Guess something that can shoot 7.62 mm of lead and high explosive rockets is a tech good enough to terrorize most of the usual unarmed, untrained civilians.

Your justification to protect Talibunnies just got shallower. The world will always be against such an inhuman force as the Taliban and they shall pay for their karma.

Your justification to protect Talibunnies just got shallower. The world will always be against such an inhuman force as the Taliban and they shall pay for their karma.

My justification to protect the Taliban? Who's protecting who here? I said that the US invasion of Afghanistan was unjustified, as it did nothing to "protect" world peace, but actually making the world a worse place.

Also, if the whole world can chant death to Taliban, I wonder why the same isn't being said about the Zionists, which are just about the same low quality breed as the Taliban? Has the world (especially) forgotten about the (continuous) atrocities being committed against the Palestinians (because they're not Jewish)?
Double standards much? Show's that the US isn't the friend of peace, but quite the opposite. In reality they don't give a rat's smelly *** what happens to Muslims (Palestine, Afghanistan etc) as long as they can gain some profit from it. Simple.
Taliban/al-Qaeda/peace/terrorism etc became the primary excuse for the US to commit crimes and go unquestioned by most.

Corrupt world media can state just about anything, and add a little emotion to it, and fools like you would foolishly go thinking that it must be true. And that's why most of us are suffering from the consequences today.

If they can get a couple of American made Humvees then they have the capability to force down the drone.

You don't need a humvee, just get yourself a convertible and aim with your pistol like here in this movie "This means war"

tumblr_lt0uslLOzk1qde7iyo1_500.jpg

Well its strange ..that most Pakistanis are rooting for Taliban here!!

Up untill few weeks ago these Taliban were blowing Pakistani people..do all Pakistanis have such short term memories or have they been fed so much anti- American propaganda that they are ready to hero worship anybody who is fighting against the Americans?

You are right.

The drones fly very high and do not have to come down during launching of missiles.

Taliban doesn't have the technology to shoot dow aircrafts flying that high.

Pakistan doesn't have the will power. In fact Pakistan is not even claiming that it shot the drone down.

Conclusion: A technical snag crashed the drone.

Yes , that is exactly what happened. The Drone had a malfunction and it crashed in Pakistani territory near Miran Shah in Waziristan. Also the wreckage has been stolen by the Taliban.

So since the wreckage has been hauled away by Taliban, there is not much the Pakistani Govt. can do to recover the wreckage for the US forces. Well what the heck, these things happen. What are you going to do ?

Yes , that is exactly what happened. The Drone had a malfunction and it crashed in Pakistani territory near Miran Shah in Waziristan. Also the wreckage has been stolen by the Taliban.

So since the wreckage has been hauled away by Taliban, there is not much the Pakistani Govt. can do to recover the wreckage for the US forces. Well what the heck, these things happen. What are you going to do ?

Why would I or my country do anything, mate? :lol:

The ones who will do something about it are chilling in the Pentagon.

And as far as my opinion is concerned, I believe they will take the measures necessary to prevent their technology from landing up somewhere in China. Quite like how they did with the OBL raid heli. :)

Don't take the Indians too seriously.

You have to understand the Indian mindset. Pumped up by the Western media, they live in a self-delusional cocoon of "Incredible India supa-power". In reality, India can't do anything against the raging insurgencies within, let alone about Pakistan or China. So, these "Incredible Indians" take refuge in living vicariously through American might or Israeli banditry. Since India itself can't take on Pakistan, they gloat and cheer every time there is a problem between Pakistan and the US.

Your assessment of the drone incident is correct. The drone "crashed" and "disappeared". Pakistan has no knowledge of it.

Too bad, so sad!

Why would I or my country do anything, mate? :lol:

The ones who will do something about it are chilling in the Pentagon.

And as far as my opinion is concerned, I believe they will take the measures necessary to prevent their technology from landing up somewhere in China. Quite like how they did with the OBL raid heli. :)

I think you misunderstood the last sentence. What I meant was " what can one do under such circumstances ".

As for your comment regarding the helicopter in OBL raid, that was a different situation, Genius.

In that case the helicopter tail was under Pakistani control. Did'nt you understand the implication of Taliban hauling away the wreckage. If PA does not have control of the wreckage, how can they return it. The US should appeal to Taliban to return the wreckage. Get it , Genius ?

Back
Top Bottom