What's new

UN asked to return Bangladeshi forces

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Blitz Exclusive

United Nations [UN] has been asked to send back members of Bangladesh Armed Forces and police from the United Nations Peace Keeping Forces [UNPKF].

According to information, one Susan Ramgopalan sent letters to the Secretary General and other officials of United Nations on March 15, 2009 titled ‘Islamist inside UN Peace Keeping Force’, where she referring to the recent statement by Bangladeshi Commerce Minister, Lt. Col. [Retired] Faruk Khan, requested the UN Secretary General to send back all the participating members of Bangladesh Armed Forces and Police in the UNPKF for possible militancy connections.

In the letter, Susan Ramgopalan said, “It has come to my attention that one of the front ranking leaders in Bangladesh’s ruling party, Awami League, member of the Cabinet and Member of Parliament, Lt. Col. Faruk Khan recently told reporters that Islamist militants like Jamiatul Mujuhidin (JMB) has penetrated into country’s border security forces.

”It is noteworthy that officers of border security forces are deputed from country’s armed forces. Under such authoritative statement from a senior member of the Bangladesh government, it is greatly assumed that there are unknown number of Islamist militants even within the other disciplined forces, including army and police.

”United Nations had been welcoming members of Bangladesh Armed Forces and Police for quite some time. But, after the latest statement from the government side, the question of security of continuing services of such elements with militancy ties would not only jeopardize the safety and security of the countries of their activities, but it may even give the militancy linked members of Bangladesh Armed Forces and Police in staging various forms of sabotaging activities in the foreign countries.

”Under such situation, further recruitment of Bangladeshi forces both from army and police should be stopped while an immediate scrutiny should begin to identify the militancy linked members of Bangladesh Armed Forces and Police inside United Nations Peace Keeping Forces and be immediately expelled from such sensitive task.”

It is also learnt that, anti-Bangladesh quarters are actively trying to press forward the issue of militant connection of Bangladesh Armed Forces, Police and other disciplined forces, with the motive of tarnishing the image of the country. They [vested quarters] get specific prove in favor of their allegation, as the Commerce Minister in Bangladesh has repeatedly told this matter to the media as well as some other ministers are also echoing the same information.

“This is a dangerous trend, which will project Bangladesh as a Taliban state to the international community”, said a counter-terrorism experts commenting on the statement of the commerce minister and other members of the present government.

Weekly Blitz l Most Influential Newspaper in Bangladesh

I dont have any taste to read this weekly neither have any faith on it....
Just ignore it MBI

I checked with Blitz and they told me the letter was sent to the UN. It probably will not make any difference but it shows some quarter is up to dirty tricks and some of our ministers are helping them.

I checked with Blitz and they told me the letter was sent to the UN. It probably will not make any difference but it shows some quarter is up to dirty tricks and some of our ministers are helping them.

Ofcourse there are people. I dont understand how india is producing so many loosers lately???? :undecided:

In fact recent step by Malaysian Govt. of sending back 55000 BD workers might have a RAW hand,because I read in "Prothom Alo",(which some claims RAW funded) a few years back that RAW was lobbying for expulsion of BD workers and inclusion of more Indian workers.

Same goes for other Anti-Bangladesh lobbying.So its nothing new.If UN sends back all BD soldiers it will be on trouble as well,as it already experiencing shortage of soldiers.
And if infiltration and terrorism was the case,then UN would have stopped Pakistan from UN missions.But look,they are the highest contributors.

In fact recent step by Malaysian Govt. of sending back 55000 BD workers might have a RAW hand,because I read in "Prothom Alo",(which some claims RAW funded) a few years back that RAW was lobbying for expulsion of BD workers and inclusion of more Indian workers.

Same goes for other Anti-Bangladesh lobbying.So its nothing new.If UN sends back all BD soldiers it will be on trouble as well,as it already experiencing shortage of soldiers.
And if infiltration and terrorism was the case,then UN would have stopped Pakistan from UN missions.But look,they are the highest contributors.

India never like BD, more prosperous than its neighbouring states in India which will promote more separatist movement in that region. Even WB people feel jealous about BD as they screwed themselves up badly living inside India.
India also run relentless propaganda and try to project BD as the nation of famine and starvation.
A lot of my indian friends used to get surprised seeing so many BD students studying in USA as they had that famine mindset brought with them.

Well regarding UN mission, UN and USA invested heavily to train soldiers for UN mission. We not only send troops but also train other countries' troops for mission ready.
UN not going to listen to those bullshits.

India never like BD, more prosperous than its neighbouring states in India which will promote more separatist movement in that region. Even WB people feel jealous about BD as they screwed themselves up badly living inside India.
India also run relentless propaganda and try to project BD as the nation of famine and starvation.
A lot of my indian friends used to get surprised seeing so many BD students studying in USA as they had that famine mindset brought with them.

I remember my first visit to India,when I was nine.The Indian family who were hosting us were surprised to find out that "Bangladeshi children have soup!!!".They probably had the idea that we live in huts.But they were very hospitable though,I must accept that.
But this shows how ill informed they are of their neighbouring country.They only get news of Bangladesh's flood.;)

This report should be officially marked by the government and military of Bangladesh as “Bullshit, First Class.” There is no reason to worry.

For several years now some stupid human rights organizations have been trying to persuade UN to withdraw all Bangladeshi personnel from missions on grounds that they violate human rights. Bullshit.

Bangladeshi forces have a ZERO record of any crimes in UN missions.

This is just bullshit that is spread by Indian media and intellectuals with perhaps some backing of RAW. RAW is responsible for trying to persuade several countries (including Middle-Eastern ones) to stop recruitment of Bangladeshi workers.

According to the Indians, countries like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are allies of India!! LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom