What's new

UN: India not safe for infant girls

Shatterpoint

BANNED
Reaction score
The UN has released a damning report on India, it's sad that India with it proclaimed tolerance etc kills it own girl children.

I realize that some Indian posters will say but its only in the villages and the poor or uneducated that do this, but there are a lot of reports on the net and even stories in the Indian press about middle class/rich people who condone this.

50% of the rich and middle class think that it's ok to kill the girl child, India is also high on the list of sex trafficking and smuggling of girls from countries like Nepal, Bangladesh etc.

The shocking thing for me is that the educated people of India like doctors etc condone this and also encourage it, here is the report.

UN: India not safe for infant girls

UN: India not safe for infant girls – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs

No wonder there are gay Indian men on the rise..because there's a shortage of women.
don't try to oversmart this is a problem of whole subcontinent pakistan is not a different case .
800px-Sex_ratio_total_population.PNG

I think it's quite prevalent in all of India not sure though, some of the stories are shocking and disgusting, like I said the most shocking thing was that the highly educated and elite in India are the main criminals in this, I was surprised actually that the powerful and educated of Indian society allow this to happen and participate with no fear of being prosecuted by the law.

I think it's quite prevalent in all of India not sure though, some of the stories are shocking and disgusting, like I said the most shocking thing was that the highly educated and elite in India are the main criminals in this, I was surprised actually that the powerful and educated of Indian society allow this to happen and participate with no fear of being prosecuted by the law.

nope. the part of india i come from has no record of female infanticide

like i said urban,south and north east india are not entirely boy-crazy

u see?

ALL of them are arrested. can we say the same for pakistan? where the victims are criminals?

That is only a few, you need to watch a Indian show on TV I think its hosted by some big Bollywood actor and the stuff is shocking, India also rated near the top for women not being safe in India as well, it's not a good thing. Over 50% of Indians commit infanticide and that's a huge number when you consider India's population is 1.2 billion.

That is not a good thing at all in fact it is a disgrace, I was reading about eve teasing etc and to me "eve teasing" is nothing short of sexual assault, and the worse and sad things is that Indians name something like sexual assault as "eve teasing" and this just does not happen to Indian women, it happens to foreign tourist as well.

To me and my wife this is quite shocking and disgraceful, India has many good things going for it, but problems like this which are tolerated towards women is very low, my wife said something about how widows in India are treated as well, not sure what she was talking about but she was pretty upset about it.

That is only a few, you need to watch a Indian show on TV I think its hosted by some big Bollywood actor and the stuff is shocking, India also rated near the top for women not being safe in India as well, it's not a good thing. Over 50% of Indians commit infanticide and that's a huge number when you consider India's population is 1.2 billion.

That is not a good thing at all in fact it is a disgrace, I was reading about eve teasing etc and to me "eve teasing" is nothing short of sexual assault, and the worse and sad things is that Indians name something like sexual assault as "eve teasing" and this just does not happen to Indian women, it happens to foreign tourist as well.

To me and my wife this is quite shocking and disgraceful, India has many good things going for it, but problems like this which are tolerated towards women is very low, my wife said something about how widows in India are treated as well, not sure what she was talking about but she was pretty upset about it.

let me "educate" you.

What do u think will come in the news?
family that brings up a girl child with love and equality OR a family that kills her before she is born?
a guy who gets up to give a seat to a lady in the bus OR a guy who sexually abuses her?

You cannot come to an opinion of a country based on the worst pieces of information about it, which is exactly what this forum does.

let me share another bit of information about indian women

India’s Female Peacekeepers Inspire Liberian Girls

According to Jickson Sargeor, the principal of Victory Chapel School, the Indian peacekeeping contingent provides the children with medication, lessons on using computers and Indian dance and self defense. In addition, the principal believes the Indian women have brought a much more important message to the children.

“It has made the girls to believe that they are not just people to sit at home, they are people to get out there,” he says.

“The Indian people have come and taught us that we women too are necessary to do the work they are doing,” she says. “We believed that not only men do these [kinds of] work but women too are capable of doing it.”

“It makes the boys to feel that women are also part of society. It also makes boys think women can do what men do,” says Principal Sargeor.
[/QUOTE]

I am not forming any opinion, you are right the media only talk about negatives, but to see that India rates so low on the world stage when it comes to women's safety, infanticide etc is shocking. This is not some media reporting this, this is the UN and WHO who are reporting this.

India really needs to do something about this, its all well and good to point of a few good things that India does, if you have seen my post I actually respect India so this is not a attempt to degrade India, to me and a lot of people around the world a country is judged by how it treats its citizens.

To see how India treats its women and girl children is shocking and disgraceful, when I watch docos on India all you see is men, that is the sex ratio which has been destroyed by the killings of girl children, I am sorry if I am sounding too harsh, but its the cold hard facts.

nope. the part of india i come from has no record of female infanticide

like i said urban,south and north east india are not entirely boy-crazy

u see?

ALL of them are arrested. can we say the same for pakistan? where the victims are criminals?

Thank god we dnt kill our daughters.

don't try to oversmart this is a problem of whole subcontinent pakistan is not a different case .
800px-Sex_ratio_total_population.PNG

why are you draging Pakistan here to hide your shame. OP is about India not India vs Pakistan.

The Indians are slaughtering those poor girls. What a disgraceful Nation. The most disgusting part is for the Indians to first deny and then try to present excuses and justifications. How about outright CONDEMNATION of the indefensible heinous act, Indians ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom