What's new

UN: India not safe for infant girls

I would think its all there police, law, corruption and basic lack of respect for women in society, hence the killing of girl children, it's disgraceful and pathetic that this is allowed to continue with impunity, the sad thing is that this is done by the elites the educated, doctors etc, says a lot about the society as a whole.

I think it's quite prevalent in all of India not sure though, some of the stories are shocking and disgusting, like I said the most shocking thing was that the highly educated and elite in India are the main criminals in this, I was surprised actually that the powerful and educated of Indian society allow this to happen and participate with no fear of being prosecuted by the law.

China is still numero uno.. Go check their sex ratios..

That is a huge number indeed. That is 1 out of every 2 children in India.

at some point, everyone here has been sexually abused. so 50% in india is not a big deal

50% is HUGE number. who is wrong?? Police? Law? or "incredible" society?

thanks to the "incredible" society, you exist as a single country today. show some respect

China is still numero uno.. Go check their sex ratios..

dint know that, thanks for the intel

In India and Vietnam the figure is around 112 boys for every 100 girls. In China it is almost 120 to 100 - and in some places higher than 130.

Read more: Population skew sex-selective abortion India China demographics
Population skew sex-selective abortion India China demographics

That is only a few, you need to watch a Indian show on TV I think its hosted by some big Bollywood actor and the stuff is shocking, India also rated near the top for women not being safe in India as well, it's not a good thing. Over 50% of Indians commit infanticide and that's a huge number when you consider India's population is 1.2 billion.That is not a good thing at all in fact it is a disgrace, I was reading about eve teasing etc and to me "eve teasing" is nothing short of sexual assault, and the worse and sad things is that Indians name something like sexual assault as "eve teasing" and this just does not happen to Indian women, it happens to foreign tourist as well.

To me and my wife this is quite shocking and disgraceful, India has many good things going for it, but problems like this which are tolerated towards women is very low, my wife said something about how widows in India are treated as well, not sure what she was talking about but she was pretty upset about it.

Shatterpoint - Female infanticide is there in India. Having stated that, where did you get the 50% no? That is every 2nd Indian. And you know how much of an issue that would be?

I would think its all there police, law, corruption and basic lack of respect for women in society, hence the killing of girl children, it's disgraceful and pathetic that this is allowed to continue with impunity, the sad thing is that this is done by the elites the educated, doctors etc, says a lot about the society as a whole.

Dude, It's coming to news and the arrests are happening.. That's the only way to get rid of it.. and India is seeing the impact

In India, girls begin to outnumber the boys - Asia - World - The Independent

It will change as India keep reporting the evil and arresting the doers. The important thing is, India is not trying to brush it under the carpet like our neighboring countries..

I was watching a show on Indian TV it was hosted by some big Bollywood actor, as you know I am coming to India on vacation with my family so have been doing research on India, things like this are hard to ignore for me as I have 2 daughters.

But the UN and WHO also have reported this, it's not just some newspapers who are saying this, like I said this is in no way mean to degrade India or Indians, it's just disgusting and shocking to me as an outsider that this is allowed to happen in India, a country that likes to project itself on the world stage as a great Democracy.

I did a math -2011 Indian birth rate is 21 per 1000 which would translate to roughly 23 million children born per year and if the split between boys and girls is say 11.5, either 5.5 million girls are killed or 7 million girls are killed(considering the boys make up 2/3 of the 23 million children and girls 1/3 as the other girls are killed).

Shatterpoint - don't you think the nos sound ridiculous? and for a democratic country like India - won't the international agencies and the press have a field day?

I was watching a show on Indian TV it was hosted by some big Bollywood actor, as you know I am coming to India on vacation with my family so have been doing research on India, things like this are hard to ignore for me as I have 2 daughters.

But the UN and WHO also have reported this, it's not just some newspapers who are saying this, like I said this is in no way mean to degrade India or Indians, it's just disgusting and shocking to me as an outsider that this is allowed to happen in India, a country that likes to project itself on the world stage as a great Democracy.

Dude, there are millions of fathers in India who have at least one daughter if not two.. The problem is India is not a small country and even someone try to control a menace, it will take time..

Progress is being made but stills lotsa work to be done.. I am glad my city has shown the improvement starting 2008

In India, girls begin to outnumber the boys - Asia - World - The Independent

I am sure there will be many more.

If you think, India is like NYC, then you are nut.

French tourist was drugged, sexually abused
French tourist was drugged, sexually abused - Times Of India
May 14, 2012

NEW DELHI: More than a month after a 34-year-old French woman was found dead at a Paharganj hotel room, police have learnt that a Kashmiri handicrafts dealer, who was arrested in the case, had given her excessive cocaine while denying her food and repeatedly had sex while she was under the drug's influence. The victim, Laurine, died of drug overdose. Police have sent her viscera sample and vaginal swab for forensic examination. The accused, Manzoor Ahmed, who has a shop in Paharganj, is likely to be booked for rape as well after the reports come in, they said.

According to Manzoor's confession statement, exclusively accessed by TOI, he used to target foreign women - mostly from Italy, Germany, France and New Zealand - who visited his shop in Paharganj, befriended them, offered drugs and then had sex with them.

May 14, 2012

NEW DELHI: More than a month after a 34-year-old French woman was found dead at a Paharganj hotel room, police have learnt that a Kashmiri handicrafts dealer, who was arrested in the case, had given her excessive cocaine while denying her food and repeatedly had sex while she was under the drug's influence. The victim, Laurine, died of drug overdose. Police have sent her viscera sample and vaginal swab for forensic examination. The accused, Manzoor Ahmed, who has a shop in Paharganj, is likely to be booked for rape as well after the reports come in, they said.

According to Manzoor's confession statement, exclusively accessed by TOI, he used to target foreign women - mostly from Italy, Germany, France and New Zealand - who visited his shop in Paharganj, befriended them, offered drugs and then had sex with them.
:offtopic:

May 14, 2012

not surprising
muslims from north west parts of india are similar to pakistanis in many ways

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/08/jack-straw-white-girls-easy-meat

Jack Straw: Pakistani men prey on young white girls!!?! (07Jan11) - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom