What's new

UN vote recognizes state of Palestine as non-member state

Cograts Palenstinians.
Will this move strengthen Fatah over Hamas?

No, what it does is HAMAS rep for Palestine will just keep yelling at Israeli Rep in the UN every meeting, nothing is changed what so ever, only a louder agrument happneing in the UN assembly

Plus the OP is misleading as voted in for a non-member does not equal to full regonition to UN as a full fletch Sovereignty. Those 2 are different. To be a UN Member, you need to pass the UNSC with 9 vote and no veto. Which is not possible for today UN and Palestine situation, guess who will veto the act??

similar proposal can be moved for kashmir too.

sure but if it had a majority consensus it would have been tried. BTW how many flags do you wear in a year? kinda sucks not to be welcomed ?

Cograts Palenstinians.
Will this move strengthen Fatah over Hamas?

Fatah...but hold off on the congrats , this just for show..

The UN representative of Palestinians is from Hamas?
Or is it from PLO/Fatah?
I think its the latter and Abbas is visiting Gaza and it should add his popularity at the cost of Hamas it seems.
No, what it does is HAMAS rep for Palestine will just keep yelling at Israeli Rep in the UN every meeting, nothing is changed what so ever, only a louder agrument happneing in the UN assembly

Plus the OP is misleading as voted in for a non-member does not equal to full regonition to UN as a full fletch Sovereignty. Those 2 are different. To be a UN Member, you need to pass the UNSC with 9 vote and no veto. Which is not possible for today UN and Palestine situation, guess who will veto the act??

Israel and Palestine have to reengage in a more meaningful way. Arafat screwed up big time and Hamas is a terrorists group that won't accept one single jew on any of the land. Bibi is bad for this process too ... I mean monumentally bad/ failure .

But this is a good win for Abbas, but means jack in the end because it gets vetoed by those who only matter i.e. security council , for it to become " law".

You don't know what you are talking about, flapping your mouth as usual.

They only applied for " NON-MEMBER OBSERVER STATUS " which is NOT A Security Council issue.

"The resolution upgrading the Palestinians status to a nonmember observer state at the U.N. was approved by a vote of 138-9, with 41 abstentions, in the 193-member world body."

What part of the above statement are you having difficulty understanding ?

The advantage to Palestinians is that now they can take Israeli WAR CRIMES to the INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT.

138 Nations supported the Resolution and 9 opposed it.

So the World disagrees with you.

The UN representative of Palestinians is from Hamas?
Or is it from PLO/Fatah?
I think its the latter and Abbas is visiting Gaza and it should add his popularity at the cost of Hamas it seems.

FATAH... majority party . Hamas terrorists just hold Gaza

You don't know what you are talking about, flapping your mouth as usual.

They only applied for " NON-MEMBER OBSERVER STATUS " which is NOT A Security Council issue.

"The resolution upgrading the Palestinians status to a nonmember observer state at the U.N. was approved by a vote of 138-9, with 41 abstentions, in the 193-member world body."

What part of the above statement are you having difficulty understanding ?

The advantage to Palestinians is that now they can take Israeli WAR CRIMES to the INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT.

138 Nations supported the Resolution and 9 opposed it.

So the World disagrees with you.

Oh man. feel sorry for your kind --- but guess what ' amerika' will veto it from happening period.

It does NOT " pass " 'really', till the security council votes on it and WITHOUT A SINGLE VETO!

maybe I can explain in simpler terms for you. For it to be " final law " as in accepted it needs to , read below:

Mr Ban approves the request, the Security Council will examine it and vote on it. In order to pass, it would need the backing of nine out of 15 council members, with no vetoes from the permanent members.BBC News - Barack Obama 'will veto' Palestinian UN bid

I have a question, why was such a voting done now & not before???
=
Also could there be any co-relation b/w this happening & following statement by Brzezinski; i mean is the hidden-hand who was controlling America from behind the scenes turning its backs on israel;;; gradually & tacitly.!!!
Brzezinski: US won't follow Israel like a stupid mule - YouTube
=
=
=
Also another speech by him on similar lines...
-
youtu.be/Z6WOg9AQNlI

Oh man. feel sorry for your kind --- but guess what ' amerika' will veto it from happening period.

It does NOT " pass " 'really', till the security council votes on it and WITHOUT A SINGLE VETO!

maybe I can explain in simpler terms for you. For it to be " final law " as in accepted it needs to , read below:

The World is against you and your kind.

That votes shows who supports Israel and who opposes it.

I would be embarrased if I were you. Lapdags dont matter.

Congrate to PLO.

Still long and hard path ahead good luck.

Both Jews and Arabs(Muslims+ Christians) hav right to live on the land of Israel.

Not if you get Vetoed... why are you guys having a difficult time understanding this? The other two had no vetos and had 9 out 15 secruity council vote for it. One single veto, again one single veto would negate it all.

I know but they were even against Palestine becoming a non-member state. See it is eventually happening. USA vetoed every resolution tabled in the United Nations and this is the first time they did not use the veto power and merely voted against this resolution.

Time is changing fast my friend, they protected/vetoed for 40 years - There has been a drastic policy shift from all over the world. The Europe for the first time voted in favour of Palestine.. You couldn't imagine that 3 years ago

I have a question, why was such a voting done now & not before???
=
Also could there be any co-relation b/w this happening & following statement by Brzezinski; i mean is the hidden-hand who was controlling America from behind the scenes turning its backs on israel;;; gradually & tacitly.!!!
[/url]
=
=
=
Also a statement by him on similar lines...
-

it is a meaningless vote in terms of coming to fruition. Now politically it maybe good for fatha but that's it. and not sure what you mean by this happening and a Jimmy Carter era Brzezinski's comments. we have many people who opine in the US being we allow " free speech" . what does him opining about a subject have to do with you claim of " could there be any co-relation b/w this happening & following statement by Brzezinski;"?

I know but they were even against Palestine becoming a non-member state. See it is eventually happening. USA vetoed every resolution tabled in the United Nations and this is the first time they did not use the veto power and merely voted against this resolution.

Time is changing fast my friend, they protected/vetoed for 40 years - There has been a drastic policy shift from all over the world. The Europe for the first time voted in favour of Palestine.. You couldn't imagine that 3 years ago

wait a minute, I'm confused, how can the US not have used " veto' power as you said- when it is not yet up in council to do so?

The World is against you and your kind.

That votes shows who supports Israel and who opposes it.

I would be embarrased if I were you. Lapdags dont matter.

embarrassed for pointing out the truth in the topic being discussed? I did not claim to be on anyone's side totally..

it's you who should be embarrassed for being on the side of those who fit the bill of your religion brother. It's you who gave up that " keeper of Muslim" status you have here- to live in a country founded by Judea Christians. You could have shown your solidarity to your brothers but living elsewhere and among like minded.

I'm simply debating the issue and not arguing because I have a " I support because I have a religion bias". attitude.

I could have sworn I replied to you my friend. anyways: I 'm a bit confused .

You said " and this is the first time they did not use the veto power and merely voted against this resolution."

But the vote has not yet come up in the security council to not have veto'ed it...

Back
Top Bottom