What's new

Unmanned Ground Vehicles - PA needs to work with China & Turkey

Basel

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
How many working m113 are there in Pakistan army inventory? These vehicles are now far behind modern combat conditions. But there is a huge stock in the inventory of countries.

I'm asking this question because Turkey will make some of its old m113s as unmanned C-V.

How many working m113 are there in Pakistan army inventory? These vehicles are now far behind modern combat conditions. But there is a huge stock in the inventory of countries.

I'm asking this question because Turkey will make some of its old m113s as unmanned IFC-V.

Pakistan have plenty of those also we make APCs based on those now.

2017103010593319_j3k5l7f7pvtd48ti7l0poki0i61.jpg

4d5d9ea2-7b07-48be-8a08-863a2fc2f822.jpg

http://www.satek-arge.com/author/satek-arge/

Last edited:
I also think our old f6, f5 and retired mirages be converted to drones for overwhelming enemy defences and attacking airfields

The unmanned ground vehicles are going to be game changers in coming future, so its time PA start looking in those and identify requirements and their possible role, those can be good force multipliers for PA.

@waz @The Eagle @The Deterrent @MastanKhan @Zarvan @Arsalan @Irfan Baloch @Horus @Imran Khan @Starlord @snow lake @denel @long_
This is a very good idea although i feel they need to be smaller and capable of engaging heavy enemy armour and ground troops

I'm asking this question because Turkey will make some of its old m113s as unmanned C-V.
Pakistan has technical copy or blueprint specs of M113. It's now manufacture in Pakistan. But still these type of robot vehicle can't be used in urban warfare due to expected huge collateral damage. Plus, mobilizing these vehicle along foot units is kinda expensive. Human eye and brain is only way to judge the condition. These robots in the market since last 80s , but countries fail to set there role in any type of combat zone.

Last edited:
I like the design of Viper, i hope we can work with Turkey or China for a Active protective system on it .

The unmanned ground vehicles are going to be game changers in coming future, so its time PA start looking in those and identify requirements and their possible role, those can be good force multipliers for PA.

@waz @The Eagle @The Deterrent @MastanKhan @Zarvan @Arsalan @Irfan Baloch @Horus @Imran Khan @Starlord @snow lake @denel @long_
Our unmanned ground vehicle efforts till now are focused on small machines. Bomb disposal, surveillance and recon, a few able to carry a gun or grenade launcher. Havent really ventured into big war fighting combat vehicles

Russian military reveals robot tank’s disappointing performance in Syria
BEIRUT, LEBANON (12:00 A.M.) – In a new article published on Sunday, the National Interest publication said that the Russian military’s Uran-9 robot tank’s performance in Syria had disappointed its commanders.

Citing a report from the Defense Blog, the National Interest said that Senior Research Officer Andrei Anisimov told a conference at the Kuznetsov Naval Academy in St. Petersburg that the Uran-9’s performance in Syria revealed that “modern Russian combat Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs) are not able to perform the assigned tasks in the classical types of combat operations.”

“He concluded it would be ten to fifteen more years before UGVs were ready for such complex tasks,” the National Interest author continued.

“Robotic armored vehicles are in development across the world, with the U.S. Army planning for its Bradley fighting vehicle replacement to be ‘optionally-manned,'” the National Interest author said.

“However, Russia arguably has more aggressively moved towards combat-deploying UGVs. In 2015 Russia’s Military Industry Committee announced its objective of deploying 30 percent of Russia’s kinetic weapons on remote-control platforms by 2025,” adding that “Current projects include the MARS six-seat infantry carrier, the robotic BMP-3 Vihr (“Hurricane”) fighting vehicle, robotized T-72 tanks , and tiny Nerekhta UGVs that can evacuate wounded soldiers, fire a machine gun or kamikaze charge enemy positions.”

The Russian Uran-9 robot tank was often seen in the Deir Ezzor Governorate after the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) cleared an area from the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL/IS/Daesh).

Pakistan has technical copy or blueprint specs of M113. It's now manufacture in Pakistan.

Is that true? Do you have a source?

But still these type of robot vehicle can't be used in urban warfare due to expected huge collateral damage.

With thermal imaging, night vision and other kind of sensors these UCGV's & UGV's will actually decrease collateral damage.

Plus, mobilizing these vehicle along foot units is kinda expensive.

The opposite is true. Same as a drone can be lost but a soldier lost is much more heavy on the armed forces because of logistics, training and value of a human soldier.

As manufacturing techniques and factories get more optimized these things will get much cheaper to produce. Also, there'll be a great decrease in per unit cost if great numbers of UCGV's & UGV's are inducted (economies of scale).

Much cheaper than a Tank, IFV or a APC while providing almost the same role at the fraction of the cost.

but countries fail to set there role in any type of combat zone.

They're either operational or being tweaked for greater operateability. ;)

Swallow the misplaced pride and Collab with Israel.

Before reporting at least try to rebut.
Israel is the world leader in UAVs. Why not learn from them to better them.

In deeply from my heart want to see Pakistan,China,Russia & Turkey together forever & jointly produce new products for all of our countries benefits & become a solid block ...

Back
Top Bottom