What's new

Up to 45 killed in clashes in Iraqi holy city of Karbala: sources

K-Xeroid

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CAIRO (Reuters) - Up to 45 people were killed in clashes between Iraqi security forces and followers of a radical cleric in the holy Shi'ite city of Karbala on Wednesday, security sources said, signaling divisions among Shi'ite factions as a Sunni insurgency rages.

The clashes erupted when police and army personnel tried to arrest Shi'ite cleric Mahmoud al-Sarkhi around midnight on Tuesday in the southern city of Karbala, an Interior Ministry intelligence officer and a police witness told Reuters.

Sarkhi and his armed followers have clashed in the past with U.S. forces, Iraqi security forces and supporters of Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, the most revered Shi'ite cleric in Iraq.

Security forces said they went to arrest Sarkhi after his supporters started blocking roads and manning checkpoints around his neighborhood in the Shi'ite shrine city, home to the tomb of Imam Hussein, which millions of Shi'ite pilgrims flock to annually.

Sarkhi had published a letter on his website earlier this week criticizing Sistani's decree for Iraqis to fight alongside the security forces against Sunni militants.

Sistani issued his decree after the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) swept across parts of northern and western Iraq. The group, which rules swathes of territory in an arc from Aleppo in Syria to near the western edge of Baghdad in Iraq, has since shortened its name to Islamic State and declared a "caliphate" to rule over the world's Muslims.

Police and troops reinforced by five helicopter gunships surrounded the house but were prevented from entering by Sarkhi's armed followers, the sources said, adding five police officers and about 40 of Sarkhi's supporters were killed.

The sources said that when security forces managed to break into the house after six hours of clashes, they found Sarkhi had escaped during the battle. Sarkhi's supporters posted on the cleric's website a picture of an Iraqi military Humvee vehicle they said they had destroyed in the battle.

Up to 45 killed in clashes in Iraqi holy city of Karbala: sources - chicagotribune.com

Nothing to except from "scholars" belonging to that affiliation.

Those scholars in Shia Islam are treated like holy infallible cows. If those clerics told the locals to clean a mine field they would do it without questioning it.

Those scholars in Shia Islam are treated like holy infallible cows. If those clerics told the locals to clean a mine field they would do it without questioning it.

That's what happens in cults.

And there is at least one cult in every cult-ure.

Nothing to except from "scholars" belonging to that affiliation.

Some radical beliefs that constitute blasphemy at the least and kuffr at worst. Recently I came to know that some shia groups doubt whether or not the Quran itself is genuine. Yet they recite from the same Quran while at the same time questioning whether or not it is accurate. I recently came across a wiki page of one shia group that was using a well known non-Muslim dudes writing as proof that the Quran was changed and hence they can believe that their Imam was God incarnate lol. I have a friend from that group and so I called him to ask like yo wth am I reading and he said that is wrong and he edited it. The next day I went back and it was re-edited back to the original text. Anyway I was going to post the link here but I just looked it up and someone has removed that same portion sometime today and so it no longer shows what they really believe.

Anyway I doubt many shias even know what their leaders are doing and most consider themselves genuine Muslims like the rest of us, we must educate them on some of the lies being told to them.

Some radical beliefs that constitute blasphemy at the least and kuffr at worst. Recently I came to know that some shia groups doubt whether or not the Quran itself is genuine. Yet they recite from the same Quran while at the same time questioning whether or not it is accurate. I recently came across a wiki page of one shia group that was using a well known non-Muslim dudes writing as proof that the Quran was changed and hence they can believe that their Imam was God incarnate lol. I have a friend from that group and so I called him to ask like yo wth am I reading and he said that is wrong and he edited it. The next day I went back and it was re-edited back to the original text. Anyway I was going to post the link here but I just looked it up and someone has removed that same portion sometime today and so it no longer shows what they really believe.

Anyway I doubt many shias even know what their leaders are doing and most consider themselves genuine Muslims like the rest of us, we must educate them on some of the lies being told to them.

The problem is that Shia's tend to follow their clerics blindly. That's the problem. Those are not some random Shia cleric but respectful and senior Shia clerics and it's just the top of the iceberg.

Since all Arabs are called "Wahhabi" by every Shia and Iranian on PDF on a DAILY basis why don't they point out the flows of Sunni Islam that 90% of the Muslims follow and why do they never confront the nonsense their clerics are spreading even when confronted?

The Shias are not to be criticized as they are just following their leaders (often blindly) but it's time to deal harshly with all those misguided clerics of any sect.

The relevancy of those clips is that this Shia cleric that rebelled is another self-proclaimed Holy Cow.

fake videos, designed to enable takfiri to kill Shia

Back
Top Bottom