What's new

Urdu/Hindi slang words and phrases

Dhakkan = Lid (of a bottle you can say)

Manjan = Desi version of a toothpaste

Panchayat = An ancient, Villagers or tribal way of sitting together and deciding/resolving a matter between its peoples/individuals

You can read more from here
Panchayati raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Damagh ki lassi/Damagh ki chatni/Damagh ka dahi = Don't eat my brain or You screwed my brain

ooo bhai oo bhai pophat..

zandu\ yeda- dumbass.....
rawas- hot girl
tubelight- slow person
rada- fight

Hmm so KLPD is famous among the guys I can see..few more

firki lena - To do timepass with a guy/girl by making him fool which is not aware of
Bakra kaatna - to use some guy for monetary benefit especially during schools or college :P
Bhokaal :- Typical eastern up slang, means much stylish (usage: saala bhokaal maar raha hai) :lol:
Bakaitee:- again a up slang, means showing off (usage: in haasil movie, Irfan says, "abey ee Bambaiya bakaitee hai be")
Footage khana: Showing off, not giving response proper response
Dandekar/holkar : Marathi slangs, First for reference to guys group second one for girls one (Dont put too much mind here) ;)

There are few more which I can explain but those who knows can refer the same like.. BMW, BHMB etc..

Enjoy Wellagiri.. :D

Hmm so KLPD is famous among the guys I can see..few more

firki lena - To do timepass with a guy/girl by making him fool which is not aware of
Bakra kaatna - to use some guy for monetary benefit especially during schools or college :P
Bhokaal :- Typical eastern up slang, means much stylish (usage: saala bhokaal maar raha hai) :lol:
Bakaitee:- again a up slang, means showing off (usage: in haasil movie, Irfan says, "abey ee Bambaiya bakaitee hai be")
Footage khana: Showing off, not giving response proper response
Dandekar/holkar : Marathi slangs, First for reference to guys group second one for girls one (Dont put too much mind here) ;)

There are few more which I can explain but those who knows can refer the same like.. BMW, BHMB etc..

Enjoy Wellagiri.. :D

Whoa! Cool. Interesting to see the difference in dialects across the border. Keep them comin! :D

• hand ker geya, topi pehna geya : deceived, or cheated.
  • thaki hoi or thaka howa : worth less
  • Thulla or chillar : Policeman
  • Phoond, Taroo, Tharki : checking out girls
  • War ja: Go to hell
  • Lalaay: Friend

One of my friend often say a phrase in Hazarawal Hindko "Hum unni su tunni sey yehi baat sun rahey hain".

So Unni su Tunni means from very long time.

This thread is no fun if cuss words are not allowed to be posted. After all, the beauty of slang is in the cuss words!

Dhakkan = Lid (of a bottle you can say)

Manjan = Desi version of a toothpaste

Panchayat = An ancient, Villagers or tribal way of sitting together and deciding/resolving a matter between its peoples/individuals

You can read more from here
Panchayati raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Damagh ki lassi/Damagh ki chatni/Damagh ka dahi = Don't eat my brain or You screwed my brain

:rofl: sahi meaning bolaa!!! :rofl:

another one....

'aakal ka dushmann'!!!

ooo bhai oo bhai pophat..

:rofl: sahi meaning bolaa!!! :rofl:

another one....

'aakal ka dushmann'!!!

@Kinetic.. Zaki bhai is very honest... barabarr bolta hai ;-)

I deliberately didn't translate in its right sense :rofl:

see "Khajoor" means = Date
But in slang language it means = Seed, or an idiot

now thats stupid to write seed as its right meaning cause those who doesn't understand will try to remember "khajoor" as "seed" which is not the right meaning of this word

Hai na?

Last edited:
Hataa Sawaan Ki Ghata - Move away you rain bearing cloud. Used to ask spoil sports to go away.

Bheja Fry - Brain Fry. Used to indicate that you are frustrated.

Lambe Race Ka Ghoda - Literal meaning - A horse meant for long races. It means that the person is in it for the long run.

Hmm Some other Slangs are

"Kisi baat sey" means Over my dead body... :P

"Teri soch hai" means to explain something really difficult, or to tell someone that your perception is wrong

like if I say "I can be your hero baby" and the baby say "Teri soch hai"

I think you all got it now... :D

Punjabi phrase >"Wuss gaiyaan bharjaiyaan phattu jina'nday der."

Literally: Those bhawajs (brother's wife) are doomed for divorce whose dewars (husband's younger brother) are lazy.

Figuratively:
*This phrase describes the situation when you've entrusted your valuables to someone ineligible, unworthy, fraudster.
*Describes Pakistani politicians.
*Describes Pak-US relations.

Punjabi phrase > "Raat b bhanni te jammi b anni."

Literally: To bear the labor pain all night long just to give birth to a blind child.

Figuratively:
*Describes the situation when your great efforts yield poor outcomes.
*Describes the state of the US/NATO forces in Afghanistan.
*Describes the state of Pakistanis after they've voted for...well, you know 'whom'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom