What's new

US Cancel $300m Aid to Pakistan Over Militants Failure

Pakistan has limited efficacy in shutting down the supply route. It using the key alone unilaterally will not achieve much as it did not when previously Pakistan shut it for a while. However as in conjunction with other key holders I think USA can be squeezed. The Caucus-Central Asian route requires Turkmenistan and or Kazakhstan/Uzbekistan to oblige. I make a assumption that Russia has influence over these countries. Therefore Pakistan in conjunction with other three could squeeze US. The problem is within Pakistan we have a large 'Arab' lobby that looks upto KSA as "gods" and to build up a strong alliance with Iran requires going against KSA as it will do everything to prevent a move by Pakistan toward Tehran. KSA is America's secret hand in Pakistan.

My feeling is a Pak tilt toward Iran is only possible if China slowly pushes Pakistan via the army. It is possible that is already happening. Prime Minister Imran Khan does not owe anything to KSA unlike Nawaz Sharif. I noticed in PM IK's inaugeration speach he specifically mentioned Iran. And I believe the Iranian foreign minister was the first to visit PM IK. So perhaps we are seeing a change. I certainly think that Pakistan has to enter new era where new alignment has to be workerd on particularly around Iran, China and Russia.

I am sure you have heard of the 'Mackinder heartland pivot. These four, Pakistan, Iran, Russia and China can end up dominating the Eurasian heartland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Geographical_Pivot_of_History

What on earth is the point of Mattis and Pompeo coming to Pakistan with all this going on? Surely you need to establish some good will before paying a visit.
Oh dear, I think this is going to be the shortest meeting in history by the looks of it.

What on earth is the point of Mattis and Pompeo coming to Pakistan with all this going on? Surely you need to establish some good will before paying a visit.
Oh dear, I think this is going to be the shortest meeting in history by the looks of it.
I think this is all build up to a Richard Armitage "we will bomb you to stone age" blackmail we saw back in 2001. Pompeo is bringing Mattis along as well. This tells us this is serious. This visit is going to be real interesting and test Prime Minister Imran Khan's cool. I expect Pompeo is in for a shock as PM IK will not budge. He will be diplomatic but will hold his ground. Pm IK recently visited GHQ. That was to size up the situation and make sure army/civil arms of government are on same page in expectation of pressure from USA.

to be honest i didn't even know that US is still giving any Aid to Pakistan :lol: i hope after this 300 mil dollars cut we are not at Zero 0 when it comes to US aid .. Bachooon what do we say when someone do something good for us ? Jazak Allah Khair :enjoy:

Considering PM IK knew Pompeo/Mattis are arriving in next few days to host Iranian FM and then show emphatic support for the nuclear deal amounts to poking the Americans.

"ISLAMABAD: As Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday vowed to further strengthen Pakistan-Iran ties, the government expressed unequivocal support for Iran’s position on its troubled nuclear deal with the West that has been abandoned by the United States and urged the other parties to the agreement to remain committed to it.

Talking to Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif, who is the first foreign leader to visit Pakistan after the assumption of office by the PTI-led coalition government, PM Khan recalled the “inseparable bonds” connecting Pakistan and Iran together and said that during his government he would make all efforts “to cement these relations in various areas to the benefit of both countries”.

I hope Imran Khan lives up to his reputation. The Americans should be sent back in tears.

Considering PM IK knew Pompeo/Mattis are arriving in next few days to host Iranian FM and then show emphatic support for the nuclear deal amounts to poking the Americans.

"ISLAMABAD: As Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday vowed to further strengthen Pakistan-Iran ties, the government expressed unequivocal support for Iran’s position on its troubled nuclear deal with the West that has been abandoned by the United States and urged the other parties to the agreement to remain committed to it.

Talking to Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif, who is the first foreign leader to visit Pakistan after the assumption of office by the PTI-led coalition government, PM Khan recalled the “inseparable bonds” connecting Pakistan and Iran together and said that during his government he would make all efforts “to cement these relations in various areas to the benefit of both countries”.
Yes we know the Americans don't like countries to have their own independent policies.

Pak should start charging an extortionate amout for the supply routes,
they will make much more than the 300 million cancelled.
They trying to bully khan they forget they dealing with wrong man he won't get bully He will twist theior arms trust me. He knows how to deal white man.
Who ever adviceing yanks is not theior friend but pursuing somebody else agenda.

Last edited:
Pakistan has limited efficacy in shutting down the supply route. It using the key alone unilaterally will not achieve much as it did not when previously Pakistan shut it for a while. However as in conjunction with other key holders I think USA can be squeezed. The Caucus-Central Asian route requires Turkmenistan and or Kazakhstan/Uzbekistan to oblige. I make a assumption that Russia has influence over these countries.
Caspian sea route towards afganistan is Turkey-Georgie/Armenia-Azerbaijan-Caspian Sea-Turkmenistan-Afganistan.

Can't talk about Armenia, but Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan are small nations. They cannot resist against US diplomatic pressure. We can. If Turkey cuts it's airspace away from US army, this corridor automatically dies. But i have my doubt if our current retarded government is aware of anything geopolitical, i even have doubts that if they would success to point Turkey on map in first try o_O

Caspian sea route towards afganistan is Turkey-Georgie/Armenia-Azerbaijan-Caspian Sea-Turkmenistan-Afganistan.

Can't talk about Armenia, but Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan are small nations. They cannot resist against US diplomatic pressure. We can. If Turkey cuts it's airspace away from US army, this corridor automatically dies. But i have my doubt if our current retarded government is aware of anything geopolitical, i even have doubts that if they would success to point Turkey on map in first try o_O
Northern distribution network is not worth at all to US if it did they kept it running plus theior relations with Russia and turkey r not ideal either but its very costly affair.
They just playing hard ball with new Govt nothing more.

I think Northern Distribution network also includes a route through Russia... to starve Americans, Pakistan, Turkey and Russia would have to simultaneously coke their respective routes... which is unlikely to happen I suppose... (Trukey being a NATO member, would be most hesitant)

I guess the die is cast. No going back. I hope Pompeo and Mattis are coming to threaten Prime Minister Imran Khan. And when they do our man won't budge a inch. Fact is Pakistan is not Cuba. We have China looking out for us. We have Turkey and now things look warming up with Iran. I expect Pakistan to stand firm. If needed get ready to cut of NATO supply routes. Also time for Pakistan to sign Iranian gas at good prices. Time to wean off the USA/Saudia Arabia bandwagon.

We live in interesting times. The Pompeo visit will be real, real interesting.
Ignoring US will be bad move for our country we might get sanctioned.

It is a game of carrots and sticks. Remove options, come in and put the two on the table ... with us and you get your CSF and against us and we do x... so the stage is being set... so to speak.

I think this is all build up to a Richard Armitage "we will bomb you to stone age" blackmail we saw back in 2001. Pompeo is bringing Mattis along as well. This tells us this is serious. This visit is going to be real interesting and test Prime Minister Imran Khan's cool. I expect Pompeo is in for a shock as PM IK will not budge. He will be diplomatic but will hold his ground. Pm IK recently visited GHQ. That was to size up the situation and make sure army/civil arms of government are on same page in expectation of pressure from USA.
I'd say rather have a preliminary meeting with foriegn minister and test waters ... call off the meeting with the prime minister to cut it short and without any escalation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom