What's new

US Congress War Game on Taiwan, US failed to stop China, 80,000 People's Liberation Army landed in Taiwan, U.S. military sank 80 land ships

Never said China wouldn’t be able to make the landing, but that it would be at a cost. To minimize the cost in men/materiel and international blowback, they would be best suited to do it in a shock and awe manner.

Well, that's not what I wanted to say........

My point was, it would be foolish even for the Taiwanese to try to fight them at sea, Beachhead is a natural breaking point you use it to funnel the troop, that's why Kuribayashi let the American to come onshore before they start the killing, because it's pointless to fight them at sea, the only thing you would do is to take down some transport but would expose your position, why not use a natural choke point to kill and hinder Chinese troop when they were ashore?

Also, the further the Chinese troop went in, the more resistence they would face and the less support they would enjoy.

As I said, the main event is not how China land, the main even would be how China pushes off the Beachhead.

I agree with the second point. They don’t want to drag any outside powers into this fight, because they will lose. Perhaps in 2049 when they have built up enough force they might be able to pull it offX but by then they will have other problems and the us will have decades to prepare Taiwan’s defenses.

If they are make this work they will need to go when all resources have been spent on Ukraine and the world is war weary from that war, allowing a Chinese invasion of Taiwan to be a fair accompli if it is done fast and with limited casualties, similar to Afghanistan.
The problem is, if this war is involving the other nation, you also need to put them into equation. Especially when Japan and US have more than enough power to arm themselves and even arming Taiwan. The longer it takes on only let your enemy prepare more, unless this is a 1 on 1 fight (ie China v Taiwan) anything dragging on would mean more time to prepare. Even with Taiwan alone, they aren't Ukraine, they can pay for military upgrade and look outside and basically source what they wanted. You don't want Taiwan to start their preparation early, let alone US and its allies.

When another Asian power attacked Hawaii, it didn’t end so well for them.
LMAO at thinking the US of today is the US of WWII and double LMAO at thinking China is Japan.
It’s wiser to limit the scope of the conflict to Taiwan.
Planning to limit the scope of a conflict is planning to fail. What China's doing is crystal clear and it's amazing how few people see it:
1) Build up its nuclear forces so the US doesn't dare launch a pre-emptive war.
2) Build up its conventional forces so it has an overmatch throughout the Pacific.
3) Wait until 1 and 2 is complete before it wages war.
China's goal is victory no matter how far a conflict escalates.
The world is primed to accept reunification, but not an expanded war.
The world is just fine with it. It's the "international community" (America and its flunkies) that has a problem and they'll accept whatever China dishes out because they have no choice. Among China's war preparation is making itself self-sufficient so no economic retaliation by the West is possible.

Because you will lose ALL of your navy, and the war is happening in your backyard, so Chinese coastline are going to be devastated, and unless it goes nuclear, China has nothing to gain from "deleting" half the US Navy...

In case of nuclear war, the only thing China can gain is the shared title of world destroyer....
in a nuclear scenario things may be a bit different now compared to a year ago. Russia is much more willing to get on board with the plan to glass the lower 48 since it has been deeply trapped in the Ukrainian war and could use a solution to all its problems. 😅

If stationed 500 nautical miles east of Taiwan and launching LRASMs while submerged, could China confirm who fired upon them?
why does China need any confirmation? it could either outright say it's a US sub and retaliate, or use its own subs to do a tit for tat on US ships/bases with the same deniability.

Dude you need to drop this silly idea that America can sink a few PLAN ships and get away with it, TBH such a petty line of thinking is what I usually expect from the Indians

The US I say again is highly unlikely to directly get involved in a war with China should China invade. If it does it will only be if China attacks US bases first.

Taiwans only way right now is to fully arm up and not look to rely on Japan or the US because they will know the damage they will sustain will be so extensive both their leaders will unlikely make any re election and this is what politicians care most about.

in a nuclear scenario things may be a bit different now compared to a year ago. Russia is much more willing to get on board with the plan to glass the lower 48 since it has been deeply trapped in the Ukrainian war and could use a solution to all its problems. 😅

why does China need any confirmation? it could either outright say it's a US sub and retaliate, or use its own subs to do a tit for tat on US ships/bases with the same deniability.

Dude you need to drop this silly idea that America can sink a few PLAN ships and get away with it, TBH such a petty line of thinking is what I usually expect from the Indians
It's very easy to find out which country's LRASMs were used to hit Chinese targets from the remnants of the hitting missiles at the sites. Only the US military has the intention and capability to hit Chinese targets with cruise missiles now.

LMAO at thinking the US of today is the US of WWII and double LMAO at thinking China is Japan.

Planning to limit the scope of a conflict is planning to fail. What China's doing is crystal clear and it's amazing how few people see it:
1) Build up its nuclear forces so the US doesn't dare launch a pre-emptive war.
2) Build up its conventional forces so it has an overmatch throughout the Pacific.
3) Wait until 1 and 2 is complete before it wages war.
China's goal is victory no matter how far a conflict escalates.

The world is just fine with it. It's the "international community" (America and its flunkies) that has a problem and they'll accept whatever China dishes out because they have no choice. Among China's war preparation is making itself self-sufficient so no economic retaliation by the West is possible.
I didn’t say planning to limit the war. Planning has to be done for all contingencies, but trying to limit any excuses for outside intervention will limit the ability of politicians to drag their nations in to assist Taiwan.

You are right that China, once it goes for an invasion will only accept victory. The CCP can’t afford anything less.

Any signs China is actually ramping up production of points 1 and 2 significantly; I.e. instead of a 100 new warheads, producing 300-500 new warheads a year. There were reports of China importing uranium from Russia recently, so it’s possible.

Last edited:
This is what the US military thinks it will be able to do to support Taiwan; I.e. Rapid Dargon exercise. Knock out ships using C-17s, no kidding from 1100 nautical miles away.

A lot of the strategy revolves around preventing Chinese troops from coming ashore. Once they are ashore, the US knows it will by and large only on the Taiwanese forces on the island.

Taiwan and it's surrounding waters are totally within the range of all China PLA land based assets, missils , rockets, cannons, fighter jets and bombers, navy may only play a minor part in an operation.

x720.jpg

This is what the US military thinks it will be able to do to support Taiwan; I.e. Rapid Dargon exercise. Knock out ships using C-17s, no kidding from 1100 nautical miles away.

A lot of the strategy revolves around preventing Chinese troops from coming ashore. Once they are ashore, the US knows it will by and large only on the Taiwanese forces on the island.

6ABD6C9F-24A6-4190-BD74-A805F6BF1986.jpeg

This is US Navy missile procurement from 2023-2028. That’s over 2,650 anti ship missiles.

The Air Force is purchasing 432 LRASM missiles from 23-28. An 268 Joint Strike Missiles, which are air launched NSMs. That’s 700 antiship missiles.

The US is massively expanding its missile stocks.

It's already over. If there's a war with China today, the US will get its teeth punched down its throat.

If I were the US, I wouldn't worry about China taking Taiwan, I'd worry about it taking Hawaii.

The PLAN will be buried at the bottom of the sea, and the Chinese economy destroyed.

3716A321-58B9-40CA-A0FB-00879523681A.jpeg

3,800 JASSM cruise missiles procured from 22-28.

641E7E60-520E-4312-82B7-4223C0A8AD53.jpeg

The Army is procuring over 1,100 PRSM ballistic missiles from 22-28

View attachment 926104

3,800 JASSM cruise missiles procured from 22-28.

View attachment 926105

The Army is procuring over 1,100 PRSM ballistic missiles from 22-28
LOL, Good luck

Back
Top Bottom