What's new

US diplomat calls Tamils dirty & dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the diplomat needs to be sent to " Charm School " or at the very least get some " Cultural Sensitivity Training ".

Guys, there a lots of idiots in around 7 billion people on earth.. Don't give too much attention to what an idiot utters..

It's good that people with senses realized what that idiot has done and came up with an apology.. Let's get over it now..

Seems she know better about India than many other people for she speak out the word 'Tamils' and that is the reason she was selected to be the diplomat to India.

Why does her comments come as a surprise to people of south Asia? Most westerners have always been racist.

if you'd read the thread, you'd see pictures of fairer than the average tamil sprouting up all over the place. These skin and studio lightened, rare tamils do exist but the majority of tamils are tamil in appearance.

Bollywood is what causes this confusion amongst Indians. Total confusion. Along with some cultural bum-kissing.

Tamil Brahmins are usually light skinned. Most of the lighter skinned Tamil actors are brahmins. Otherwise Tamils are usually darker.
But that doesn't mean Tamils are any less attractive.Some of the darker Tamils who have made it big internationally:
Padhma Lakshmi
Padma%20Lakshmi.JPG

Senthil Ramamurthy
sendhil-ramamurthy-1.jpg

MIA
okm-i-a.png

Tamil women are so hot. I almost nailed one once.

No offense but actors and celebrities do no represent the majorities.Here's what i got on Tamils from Google (I don't intend to suggest that just because they are dark they are ugly or dirty as Pakistan's population is also brown)
tamil-women-415x305.jpg

9139%20Women%20-%20Babies%20India%20Woman%20&%20child%20of%20Mayladi%20near%20Nagercoil%20Tamil%20Nadu.jpg

thumb.php

wavespic.jpg

new-life-DSC05930.jpg

The thing that disturbed me a lot is that the fact is Indians totally made an a$$ of out themselves in this thread by saying that Tamils are not dark look at this actor how fair she is etc do you guys seriously believe it is wrong to black?In fact I am dark skinned but i don't feel ashamed about it.

if you'd read the thread, you'd see pictures of fairer than the average tamil sprouting up all over the place. These skin and studio lightened, rare tamils do exist but the majority of tamils are tamil in appearance.

Bollywood is what causes this confusion amongst Indians. Total confusion. Along with some cultural bum-kissing.

Only bollywood has a fair skin fixation.Most indians also do as fair skin means higher caste and more north western or central asian parentage.

But it is no big deal,even if she joked about it.The only loser at the end of it is herself.And secondly,she looks like an old hag,bad features and ****-all eyes.She can be as fair as she wants,still fugly.

It is not just white and black.There are lot of shades between fair and black.

Lot of brahmins are fair but not always.Many many people are dark,many are tanned,many are yellow,fair skin going tanned.I am yellowish with a little more brown.

It is a useless fixation and the english increased it even more.

Dirty and Dark like tamils :rofl:

atleast she was half right :lol:

pick one-

Dirty and dark but still giving hard time americans to save their jobs.

Died of bomb blast or did the bomb blast?
Pick one...

At least world has picked one in this case

what do you mean "stereotype"??????

It is a fact that Tamils are dark skinned.

The stereotype is as true as saying Black men are black. Which is true even though some lightish ones can be seen.

(Note: I don't agree with what she said at all, very tactless).

it is not that true also.Lot of scheduled caste people are black and they are the real people of the land.They have been here since a very longtime.

Rest are quite inbetween.You can figure it if you observe more closely.I am assuming a difference between brown and black.Brown ll be in abundance and you can even see many people with complexion differences between arms and chest.arms very drak,chest not so.

No offense but actors and celebrities do no represent the majorities.Here's what i got on Tamils from Google (I don't intend to suggest that just because they are dark they are ugly or dirty as Pakistan's population is also brown)
tamil-women-415x305.jpg

9139%20Women%20-%20Babies%20India%20Woman%20&%20child%20of%20Mayladi%20near%20Nagercoil%20Tamil%20Nadu.jpg

thumb.php

wavespic.jpg

new-life-DSC05930.jpg

The thing that disturbed me a lot is that the fact is Indians totally made an a$$ of out themselves in this thread by saying that Tamils are not dark look at this actor how fair she is etc do you guys seriously believe it is wrong to black?In fact I am dark skinned but i don't feel ashamed about it.

This is still not dark man,i have seen like pitch black.Compared to pakistanis,yeah most of these ll be dark.

nothing is wrong with her in calling tamils dark,but they are not dirty

Burger boy

you will be banned soon !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom