What's new

US direly needed to preserve West Pakistan: Kissinger

wthv.png

So, It does seem India listened to Kissinger and avoided attacking west Pakistan....is that it?. I think India intended to go the whole hog but were stopped by Kissinger and co..is it?

Are you commenting on the new found Indian relationship with America?
Well dont act surprised when India does deal with Iran because it hurts your own belief and expectation.
We all know which country faces existantial threat and requires a big daddy for support.

the entity to the east has to be put back on its leash, as they were for a thousand years

To me saying keep West Pakistan intact. Means he was supporting India in its actions in Bangladesh., I mean he could have said don't go into either but he didn't. In any event he is a war criminal and as such should be tried

No. Kissinger had in fact tried to get the Chinese to attack India to save East Pakistan.

Pakistan was carrying out a savage slaughter, and the Americans had no problem with that.

America tried to save East Pakistan and failed.

But America was desperate to save West Pakistan, so they put tremendous pressure on India through the Soviets.

the entity to the east has to be put back on its leash, as they were for a thousand years
Well turks are weak and moguls are long dead. Your only hope to save you are chinease. :)
Dont even think of arab or persian help, they are in our pocket. :)

Oops, if by east you mean bangladesh, I guess they in no way threaten you, dont be ashamed of losing to them. :)

I don't really understand the reason for so much fuss over the loss of East Pakistan - It was worthless anyway..it was bound to happen sooner or later.In a sense 1971 woke our nation and the whole nation agreed that Pakistan really need nuclear weapons.Now no regional country can harm Pakistan (Unless of course they're interested in MAD).

Cool, an uzbek's view of subcontinent( India/pak/bangladesh) and I respect his view. Other travellers in different time had different stories to tell.
Oh, did you think he was talking only about present day India, lol.

Look at the map of "india" he is talking about(moghul emire during babur), you will know what I am talking about.

You cant be one of "them" just by changing religion, christians in subcontinent understand they are not "british". :)

I'm not entire sure if what Rafi has posted is true.

I have the entire text of Babur nama , and i'm unable to find what Rafi has posted.

Full text of "The Babur-nama in English (Memoirs of Babur)"

ontopic

Something related

Nixon/Kissinger Saw India as "Soviet Stooge" in 1971 South Asia Crisis

WTF If he has a Nobel Prize then I believe Sadam , Hitler, Stalin and other Vampires should also be given THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

India sent a delegation to Iran to boost trade.

Became biggest buyer of Iranian oil.

Rejected american planes over the french in MMRCA.

Refused logical supply agreement with USA

All true, but still somebozo is absolutely right about the intentions of the US, because they need us as a counterbalance to China, just like they needed Pakistan as a counterbalance to Indo - Russian relations in the past.

The difference with other countries is, that India can't be bind as their alley so easily, because we have a wise foreign policy of beeing independent and non-aligned. As long as we remain with this policy, we will benefit from US techs and weapons, as well as US political power, but can't be forced to follow them and their defence policies like Australia, Japan, or S. Korea have to do for example.

How could they? The Americans were busy with Vietnam

Well how did they manage with west Pakistan? They are more or less saying that they made great noises not to allow W Pakistan to fall. the converse is that they were not as bothered about E Pakistan

Oh whats that below all your post the only martyr is FC 20? Dont you mean Mig21 also known as flying coffin I can see FC could be for flying coffin

Back
Top Bottom