What's new

US drone crashes in Waziristan: Officials

how can a Pakistani official in Pehsawar say that a US drone crashed apparently due to technical faults?

Unless the Pakistanis's were flying it of course!?

They say and do every thing to make there masters happy !!!! And we ppl keep give our vote to these politican. Who is fair to Pakistan ? Politicans or we ???

Pakistan should have said Drone was shoot down by locals tribeman and we are trying to contact how did they shoot down american drone ?

Anwser from tribemans will be first off all u must not be a bhagrat insan like most of our politican and some army ppl are ( ppl on high rankings ) and u should have lions heart !!!

What i have learn our fuji jawan give 101% for there country but some of these gernals are in pockets of americans... Its 60+ years mess.

a really stupid statement this if you ask me. Just say it was shot down according to first reports, more information will come later.

BTW, who made these statements? ISPR or Police or some other political entity?

ah another down...Build another one n send them to that place to hunt.... is that tough for Americans?? :lol:

What type of drone a predator ? love to see Pakistan reverse engineer them .:)

Yeah! But big brother China is waiting in the wings to take the parts back to China to reverse engineer it. Expect a 'new' copycat drone in the Chinese armory after a year or so probably called Fu Cheng 1!!! :azn:

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistani troops, Taliban militants fight over downed U.S. drone

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan – Pakistani troops battled Taliban militants Sunday morning to win control of the remnants of an CIA drone that crashed in the nation’s borderlands, according to Pakistani security officials.

A military intelligence official based in the nearest major city, Wana, said the drone suffered a mechanical failure. The Pakistani Taliban, a domestic offshoot of the Afghan insurgent organization, said its fighters had shot it down.

The crash would be among very few in the seven-year history of the drone campaign in Pakistan, and it could risk the exposure of extremely sensitive technology, including cameras and other sensors used to monitor insurgents. While the Taliban might have little tactical use for the debris, some of Pakistan’s allies – including Iran and China – might be interested in it.

For years, the Pakistani government has tacitly allowed the program while publicly protesting it and asking the United States to share its drone technology. But private Pakistani support for the drone campaign has waned as public outrage over it rises.

According to two Pakistani security officials, the drone crashed Sunday near a military base and Taliban militants quickly attempted to seize the debris. But they said Pakistani troops confronted the fighters and were able to collect the drone remnants after a clash of nearly four hours. Three militants were killed and two soldiers were injured in the fighting, an official from the paramilitary Frontier Corps said.

A Taliban spokesman who identified himself as Saifullah Sayab said in a phone interview that 25 fighters used an anti-aircraft gun to shoot down the drone. The Pakistan army deployed a gunship helicopter to repel the Taliban, he said.

Alright.

How can a battle machine crash in time of a possible war zone due to technical faults?
I won't believe it. Technical faults are the last thing to happen in a battle field, the birds are made as technical fault proof as possible.

The locals have a fresh supplies of Stingers and Small SAMs (I guess Anza supplied by I-S-I, just a personal guess though) to counter drone attacks in particular areas. For instance, look at the report. Locals say the UAV was shot down. The authorities say it was a technical fault. How would they, being 8,000 miles away, say if it was a technical fault or not. Probably the last thing they saw on the screens was it was heading to the target, and suddenly lost the communication.

I still stand by what I said. It's a SAM.

The other possibility is Pakistan shot it down but can't declare this in public for America's sake.

It was shot down by locals saying GEO and ARY. Pakistan will give it back to Americans with both hands. They will call their master themself and will tell them SIR WE HAVE UR IMMANT WERE AND HOW CAN WE DILIVER IT BACK !!!

Becuase of the alttitude predators fly at. The only way it is going to be shot down is with missles (shoulder fired). And even then it is going to be very hard to target becuase of it's size. It is far more likely that it was technical fault.

Back
Top Bottom