What's new

US drone kills 15 in Mir Ali

Sovereignty is a two way street. If Pakistan wants the rights of sovereignty, then the duties that come with it must also me performed.

The Pakistani state's response has a pattern, predator kills pathans, pathans mainly kill FC - pathans again, in karachi muhajirs, pathans, sindhis, balochis die, but in balochistan punjabis were attacked and the response of the pakistani state was different. May be a conicidence.

My dear sir, it seems YOU are unable to follow simple logic.

Afghans do not want US in their country. You can do survey if you don't believe me.

I am not even talking about whether they want Taliban in their country or not. You seem to be unable to grasp that. I am just talking about whether they want US in their country.

US is an occupying force by even the narrowest standards and the fact that they're not welcome in Afghans. By that measure, your analogy will never stand.

Second, you have international law for a reason. Regardless of whether you believe someone is attacking you from the neighbourhood, you have to present your case at the UN.

These are basic facts you're unable to get. That no matter how awesome you think your analogy is, a back alley analogy can never apply to international geopolitics. It's a whole different ball game altogether.

Sir, you cannot seem to comprehend simple facts.

Afghans do not want US in their country in the long run. No one does. No one wants foreign soldiers in their country.

But they also don't want Taliban running Afghanistan as well. Its not a Zero Sum Game here. Afghans can be against US presence and against Taliban presence as well. But the varying degree, or when weighing the two options. Afghans prefer having US forces in Afghanistan to stabilize Afghanistan instead of having the Taliban have the run of the place.

My analogy still holds. If given a choice of having a snake bite you or having an overbearing neighborhood leader in your house who is combating those snakes. I would prefer the latter. Any sane individual would.

Its not a back alley analogy. Its distilling facts down to its very basics and removing all the excess fat around it to understand the situation and in my opinion encapsulates the situation quite well.

The problem is you're making up your own 'facts' and passing them along as 'simple facts'. Any survey will show Afghans want US to get out of their country NOW -- no, not in the long run, NOW.

You can prefer whatever you whatever you want regarding having a neighbourhood leader in your house, fact is Afghans don't want US in their country NOW.

And again, international law exists for a reason. That's another very important point to look at.

You can overly simplify how much ever you want, fact is a back alley analogy such as yours can never apply to far more complex issues.

The problem is you're making up your own 'facts' and passing them along as 'simple facts'. Any survey will show Afghans want US to get out of their country NOW -- no, not in the long run, NOW.

You can prefer whatever you whatever you want regarding having a neighbourhood leader in your house, fact is Afghans don't want US in their country NOW.

And again, international law exists for a reason. That's another very important point to look at.

You can overly simplify how much ever you want, fact is a back alley analogy such as yours can never apply to far more complex issues.

We do not know that for a fact, there have been a few surveys and they have had mixed results.

BBC News - Afghan support for attacks on Nato rising - poll

http://afghanistan101.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/unheard-voices-afghan-views-on-peace.html

Let's look at it from a western point of view, the sick terrorist Mohamed Merah had training in Pakistan border region as did many others such as the 7/7 London bombers. Now if you are a western intelligence agency knowing there is many others getting terror training in the border region what can you do? only solution is to take them out and that means drone attacks.

If Pakistan can't fight terror itself it leaves itself no choice but to get drone attacks, it is a matter of kill or be killed pure and simple.

Let's get this straight: this was the strike that killed Libi AND TTP literature was found in the compound?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom