What's new

US Government vs Congress: Sale of F16s to Pakistan

How is Pakistan fighting American war in Afghanistan? Are there Pakistani troops in Afghanistan battling Taliban? No.. They are infact sheltering Taliban.
Pakistan is fighting Afghanistan War not American War...it is doing so to free it from external states that are using its resources and carrying out illegal activities such as gateway to other Asian countries in the name of curbing terrorism....

What about begging French for re-investment of Rafale export money.
begging? well I won't blame you for such vocabulary. I am not sure if you understand how large capital acquisitions are undertaken, oh wait.... sorry about that. Yupp you are right, we are begging French to give us rafales and re-invest export money... Wonderful comparison. Thanks for the education and showing us the light. :pdf:

No complexity means ,New doctrine ,New infrastructure ,New training ,New Vendor Supply lines .Inducting a jet means inducting all things and it costs too much ,So if we can do some thing in less cost we should do that

SIR, aakhir kab tak rotay rahen gay, money money money, IF WILL NOT TAKE STEP AHEAD NOW THAN WHEN TIME WILL COME??!!! . ONLY F16 IS NOT GOING TO SAVE OUR COUNTRY. need to get new platform. ANYTHING BUT NOT F16.

By subsidizing military capital equipment which will be most definitely be used against India, US is basically arming Pakistan against India.
I don't see how it arming against India,
AESA is not being given to Pak
Apaches were denied
F-16 V are not for sale for Pak.
They are constantly against our Atomic Program.
On the other hand they are offering top notch equipment to India.

And all I am asking that US tax payers should know what exactly they are subsidizing and against whom.
They should question Tax payers money worth $6 Trillion spent on WOT and result is all we know.

I don't see how it arming against India,
AESA is not being given to Pak
Apaches were denied
F-16 V are not for sale for Pak.
They are constantly against our Atomic Program.
On the other hand they are offering top notch equipment to India.
I have no problems in pakistan buying all the items you mentioned, but when america is subsidizing sale of a platform which bolsters your capabilities against India, the connotation is US tax payer money to arm Pakistan, and the reason it's against India, is because of your defense policy, it is credible defence against India.

They should question Tax payers money worth $6 Trillion spent on WOT and result is all we know.
And they do, it's the election election plank for most democrats, even the ones who voted back then for the WoT.

Sure, then shouldn't Afghn air force be "getting" F16's?

No disagreements there, go ahead and buy whatever you want. again keyword being "buy"

In this given case, the threat that this platform is advertised to combat is exactly the same - Taliban, right?

Iraq got the F-16. Whats stopping Afghans from getting it ? Did they put the request to buy it ?

I have no problems in pakistan buying all the items you mentioned, but when america is subsidizing sale of a platform which bolsters your capabilities against India, the connotation is US tax payer money to arm Pakistan, and the reason it's against India, is because of your defense policy, it is credible defence against India.

And they do, it's the election election plank for most democrats, even the ones who voted back then for the WoT.

Another daft logic. Subsidizing is not for Pakistan. Israel is another glaring example of subsidizing. Whatever it is, is the matter b/w Pak-USA regarding WoT. It should not concern India at all. In Last 30 years F-16 were not used against you. In the next 30 It will not be used. So your logic dies right here right now that It will be used against India.

We accepted the deal of 8 f16 jets because they gave a cheap and attractive offer. We already are slowly moving away from US.
If US do not give the jets on previously decided terms, we will not take the deal. It will eventually benefit us. Either ways, win - win situation.

Another daft logic. Subsidizing is not for Pakistan. Israel is another glaring example of subsidizing. Whatever it is, is the matter b/w Pak-USA regarding WoT. It should not concern India at all. In Last 30 years F-16 were not used against you. In the next 30 It will not be used. So your logic dies right here right now that It will be used against India.

Haha, Daft logic say.

Alright sir, let me break it down for you. India is not complaining to pakistan, but rather to US which claims to be a natural ally of India, (their own words, not mine) So Indian complaint to US again is a India-US matter, and our concern is legitimate, as resonated by US law makers, so there is some traction to it. Sure in last 30 years F16's were not used against India, does that change the fact that military coercion by Pakistan has been a hallmark trait of belligerence demonstrated in the past.

My take is quite simple, If US want's to arm Pakistan, it's there choice, it's a Pakistan-USA bilateral issue. We would love to hear the statement from state dept that US will arm Pakistan against India and that is there state policy, what I do object to is this ruse of aim 120c to bring down flying carpet mounted Taliban bombers and passing off a muti-role 4th generation platform as paltform meant for anti-terror operations. US tax payers are subsidizing straight forward arming of Pakistan with platforms that can be purposefully used against India. Our expectation from US is to be candid and say yes, we will arm Pakistan against you, and you have no say in it, and we will shut up.

Is that why our traitorous so called ally has refused to subsidize their sale as has been done in the past?

and you really think that 16 year old will come to PDF instead of he eating sugar candies and play with plastic Tanks ?

Hi,

Actually they are here---and some have blurted out state secrets that have caused cancellation of major deals---.

But again---welcome to the forum----.

trust me I have no connection with Army or so ...
I have been here from sometime .. you might remember me with a different username :) but shhhhhhhhh I keep a low profile :D
and by the way I also support your stand on buying a Dedicated Bomber :D
W8 kahin app maarkhor aka overload to nhi @Zibago

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom