What's new

US life expectancy is at its lowest in 25 years - BBC NEWS

Lame joke. So stale I could use it for salad croutons.

You are not here to discuss the Second Amendment at any level above the juvenile. Frag grenades? I can make it myself with ingredients from the local hardware store. Where do you think Islamic suicide bombers shop and they do not need the Second Amendment to give them permission. :lol:
But what about artillery?!

But what about artillery?!
Buddy, there are fireworks that already function as basic mortar. You can continue the absurd with this 'what about' chain or argument, but that still does not mean you have even the basic understanding of the Second Amendment in the first place.

Buddy, there are fireworks that already function as basic mortar. You can continue the absurd with this 'what about' chain or argument, but that still does not mean you have even the basic understanding of the Second Amendment in the first place.
You just don't get it... or simply refuse to see the point I'm trying to make here!

On one hand, you've neutered 2A. For example, A civilian can't own a machine gun manufactured after 1986.

While on the other you claim it's written in stone, and you can't take away anything from civilians.

I can't make my point any clearer than this.

Anyhow, I think the thread has been derailed enough already. If you're fine with all those people getting slaughtered by your very own, who am I to argue? By all means, keep those guns to keep the so called "American Dream" alive.

If anything, you're doing God's work... if you ask the hardline Islamists!

ChatGPT: What is the reason for low life expectancy in the US?

There are several factors that contribute to the relatively lower life expectancy in the United States compared to other developed countries. Some key reasons include:

1. High obesity rates: The prevalence of obesity in the United States has been steadily increasing over the years. Obesity is associated with various health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer, which can shorten life expectancy.

2. Poor access to healthcare: While the United States has advanced medical technology and expertise, not all individuals have equal access to healthcare services. High healthcare costs, lack of insurance coverage, and limited access to primary care can result in delayed or inadequate treatment for certain health conditions.

3. Lifestyle choices: Unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as poor diet, lack of physical activity, excessive alcohol consumption, and tobacco use, contribute to many chronic diseases that can impact life expectancy.

4. Socioeconomic factors: Socioeconomic disparities, including income inequality and poverty rates, can have a significant impact on health outcomes. Individuals with lower incomes may have limited access to healthcare, higher stress levels, and poorer living conditions, which can negatively affect their health and life expectancy.

5. Drug overdose epidemic: The United States has been grappling with a significant opioid crisis, with high rates of drug overdose deaths. This epidemic has had a detrimental impact on life expectancy, particularly among certain demographic groups.

It's important to note that addressing these issues requires a comprehensive approach involving healthcare reform, improved access to preventive care, promoting healthy lifestyle choices, and addressing socioeconomic inequalities.

Hospitals in the US are like 5-star facilities compared to 2-star in Canada. The problem is that vast numbers of people don’t have access to them because they’re privately owned and expensive.

If you take the top 50% of the US population their life expectancy is probably among the highest in the world. The overall average is low because poorer people have no access to good quality health care.

It’s the same with crime. Big chunks of America have very low crime rates, but many parts have very high crime rates. So, the average crime rate is relatively high.

There’s a lot of income disparity. The US is very divided between the haves and have nots. That’s the price to pay for raw capitalism.

You just don't get it... or simply refuse to see the point I'm trying to make here!

On one hand, you've neutered 2A. For example, A civilian can't own a machine gun manufactured after 1986.
Are you a farmer? If yes, then you are 1/2 way to being a bomb maker.

Do you own a machine shop? If yes, then you are 1/2 way to making your own machine gun.

Do you really think Americans needs the gunstore to be armed?

If you're fine with all those people getting slaughtered by your very own, who am I to argue?
A nobody.

There are several factors that contribute to the relatively lower life expectancy in the United States compared to other developed countries. Some key reasons include:

1. High obesity rates: The prevalence of obesity in the United States has been steadily increasing over the years. Obesity is associated with various health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer, which can shorten life expectancy.
Behavior related.

2. Poor access to healthcare: While the United States has advanced medical technology and expertise, not all individuals have equal access to healthcare services. High healthcare costs, lack of insurance coverage, and limited access to primary care can result in delayed or inadequate treatment for certain health conditions.
True. Structural and policy reforms are needed here.

3. Lifestyle choices: Unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as poor diet, lack of physical activity, excessive alcohol consumption, and tobacco use, contribute to many chronic diseases that can impact life expectancy.
Behavior related.

4. Socioeconomic factors: Socioeconomic disparities, including income inequality and poverty rates, can have a significant impact on health outcomes. Individuals with lower incomes may have limited access to healthcare, higher stress levels, and poorer living conditions, which can negatively affect their health and life expectancy.
Mix of personal and governmental.

5. Drug overdose epidemic: The United States has been grappling with a significant opioid crisis, with high rates of drug overdose deaths. This epidemic has had a detrimental impact on life expectancy, particularly among certain demographic groups.
Behavior related.

So called US growth is only on paper through currency manipulation.
Might be not yet but its just a matter of few months if not few weeks, from now.

At the end of this decade we will be close to 8 to 9 trillion for sure.

we share a risk during this decade that 1.0US$ may level 1.0Ruble.....
American government is manipulating US$ value at present.
at present, 1.0US$ won't be more than 1.0 Yuan :no:

Last edited:
US banana republic with $43 TRILLION is bankrupt at all levels. Its collapse will make the USSR look like a picnic. US spends over a trillion dollars on wars and domestic police state and can't even provide basic health care to its largely impoverished population where male life span at 73 is lower than most "developing" countries. The lost wars of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and now the genocide in Palestine cost over $15 TRILLION. The deadbeat US has already printed over $161 BILLION to fund the Zionist animals holocaust of Palestine and to fan the lost war on Russia.

Well even weirdos aren't necessarily dragging down lifespans. I don't see the correlation of how some butch Lesbians down the street are affecting overall lifespans worse compared to addicted chainsmokers who are happily puffing away in public restaurants at a table full of their kids.
More lesbians = less mating options for men = more depression, especially for Indians in America who are already at the bottom of the barrel in the pecking order.

7.1% of Americans associated LGBTQ2i++ in 2022. That's about 23 million people. Of that group, up to 60% suffer anxiety and depression, with rates 3× higher than their straight counterparts.

So, there is some correlation.

There is also a new, growing breed of incels, as well the idolizing of women in media that has pushed society into that animalistic model where the more and more females are mating with less and less males. Several women for one man, and many men left alone = recipe for depression, suicide, etc.

More lesbians = less mating options for men = more depression, especially for Indians in America who are already at the bottom of the barrel in the pecking order.

Well Asians are usually on the bottom..sorry about that for you guys.

7.1% of Americans associated LGBTQ2i++ in 2022. That's about 23 million people. Of that group, up to 60% suffer anxiety and depression, with rates 3× higher than their straight counterparts.

Okay, I can see that affecting things. I guess I never tracked homo stuff as closely as you but that is a very valid point if true (which is likely).

There is also a new, growing breed of incels, as well the idolizing of women in media that has pushed society into that animalistic model where the more and more females are mating with less and less males.

Well I don't think suddenly there is a spike in the number of good/bad men unless you are referring to your previous statement about Asians being less desirable and thus the sudden influx coming here has caused a skew down in the numbers. I'm not sure of the male/female percentages of imports but I would expect the men would far outnumber the women in tech fields.

Several women for one man, and many men left alone = recipe for depression, suicide, etc.

Well I guess it could be one woman for several men making the situation worse.

📝 🇺🇸 One of the Fourth Turning authors, Neil Howe, sent out an email this morning about how the "national mood" is so pessimistic "that it could easily break the nation apart."

⬛ "Next year is going to be turbulent."

⬛ "And, yeah, the country could even break apart during the 2024 election fallout."

⬛ "Protests, riots, civil unrest, supply chains, markets, elections — you name it, it’s going to get disrupted."

https://forwardobserver.com/the-fourth-turning-is-here/

📝 🇺🇸 One of the Fourth Turning authors, Neil Howe, sent out an email this morning about how the "national mood" is so pessimistic "that it could easily break the nation apart."

⬛ "Next year is going to be turbulent."

⬛ "And, yeah, the country could even break apart during the 2024 election fallout."

⬛ "Protests, riots, civil unrest, supply chains, markets, elections — you name it, it’s going to get disrupted."

https://forwardobserver.com/the-fourth-turning-is-here/

William Strauss and Neil Howe said it would happen in the 2000's and 2010's. It is now 2023 so they screwed up.

Back
Top Bottom